• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino

And United got Fernandes who hit the ground running whereas we opted for Ndombele who is not even in the first team. But he is younger and will come good imo.

Still, our transfer business under Poch hasn’t been as good as that seen at Pool. The Courtinho cash gave them a leg up. We were in for Mane, and had been at a similar level, but credit to them for moving forward more effectively than we were able to.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

And United got Fernandes who hit the ground running whereas we opted for Ndombele who is not even in the first team. But he is younger and will come good imo.

Still, our transfer business under Poch hasn’t been as good as that seen at Pool. The Courtinho cash gave them a leg up. We were in for Mane, and had been at a similar level, but credit to them for moving forward more effectively than we were able to.

Credit to their board for backing a world class manager, and returning that backing with a CL and PL trophy. Instead, we get Levy bartering for Bruno Fernandes with add-ons contingent to us winning both the PL and CL. Banter.

I thought Ndombele looked excellent straight away under Pochettino. It’s under Mourinho that he has dropped off.

I thought Ndombele looked excellent straight away under Pochettino. It’s under Mourinho that he has dropped off.

As Bedford said, he was out the team after a short time. Ndombele not hitting the ground running is probably one of the key causes for Poch's ultimate sacking. Would things have worked out differently with Fernandes working his nuts off and giving us a solid midfielder to build around?

Last edited:
It's only really the two most expensive that you can question. And they are not out and out bad signings. Sanchez is steadily improving. It's to his credit you don't notice him now, he does everything well most of the time. His physique and speed are there, and he is becoming that player we wanted. Sanchez and Dier could well be our CB pair for some years.

Ndombele is similar imo. May not be the star from the get-go, but with patience, coaching and hard work can grow into one.

I think we tend to sign the lower wages players who still have something to prove. Son, Moura, LeCelco have all been cheap based on their current ability.

Last edited:
It's only really the two most expensive that you can question. And they are not out and out bad signings. Sanchez is steadily improving. It's to his credit you don't notice him now, he does everything well most of the time. His physique and speed are there, and he is becoming that player we wanted. Sanchez and Dier could well be our CB pair for some years.

Ndombele is similar imo. May not be the start from the get-go, but with patience and coaching and hard work can grow into it.

I think we tend to sign the lower wages players who still have something to prove. Son, Moura, LeCelco have all been cheap.
Ndombele is rumoured to be on £200k a week

I’m not convinced Poch will win much unless he has learned to distance himself from his players better.
I think he was trying more towards the end with the rumours that W stayed away from training for example
His handling of Danny Rose here being a case in point
He also needs to get one over the line and to do that you need luck too

I agree, but he was getting there.

You know, I think his story at Spurs isn't finished. I absolutely believe he'll be back.

But the magic of his first time around is lightning in a bottle, and won't be replicated. The approach he took, bonding players into a family with him at the heart of it all, almost one of them at times - it was amazing, but it was also the hallmark of a young manager who arguably couldn't distance himself when it mattered.

When he comes here again, he'll be far more experienced - much more willing to cut players loose and be more hands off. It's just the logical progression, I think.

my error it was 7 - brain fart I forgot SB was in Jan - seasons all merged into a mess tbh.

so is the only one that’s been a success, Sissoko for 30 million and 90k you could have gotten better

Lo celso looks like he will be good m, but Dombele looks like a complete waste of time - I hope he proves me wrong

I’m really not a fan of Sanchez, he’s was to inconsistent and switches off a lot in games.

that list doesn’t include Janssen who was £20 million either.

It’s complete hit and miss - I guess my point is he’s (Recruitment team) been very average with the money he had to spend

You can split it in to 3 periods - the period up to when we left WHL, building his first team and then tweaking it, the period we were away from WHL and we were frugal, last summer when the purse strings were released a little.

We paid for the poor recruitment during the frugal years as the squad/team put together in the first period wasn't strengthened well enough and by the time the purse strings were loosened last summer the rot had already set in and the manager didn't get the chance to properly intergrate the new guys.

I agree, but he was getting there.

You know, I think his story at Spurs isn't finished. I absolutely believe he'll be back.

But the magic of his first time around is lightning in a bottle, and won't be replicated. The approach he took, bonding players into a family with him at the heart of it all, almost one of them at times - it was amazing, but it was also the hallmark of a young manager who arguably couldn't distance himself when it mattered.

When he comes here again, he'll be far more experienced - much more willing to cut players loose and be more hands off. It's just the logical progression, I think.
Hopefully he proves to be one of the exceptions then!

https://www.90min.com/posts/6450616...e-managers-who-returned-to-their-former-clubs

Back