• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Somewhere Harry Redknapp is shaking his head "Whats he doing allowing them to play like that right before the transfer window. Danny Levy wont give him a penny now"

what a result. hope the home fans will be lifted by it and continue to believe and support the team and poch.

this.

we need to kick on from this.....that should give us a massive injection of confidence for our young squad!

Well done mopo.....great subs today....great rotation of the squad over the hectic Christmas schedule.....Well done mopo & squad!

Yedlin enjoyed watching us today. What a set of results today, brilliant for us.

In terms of Poch, I thought at 4-1 we should have closed the game out and bored them and made them give up.

A 3 goal cushion is big, a 2 goal cushion is suddenly game on.

We let them charge through us a few times and 4-2 could easily, easily have been 4-3 with us pushing so many players high up the pitch and inviting them to break.

That is why he brought on Salah, pace on the break, and it VERY nearly got Fazio sent off and a penalty.

Looks like the players are finally getting the Poch message. And how!!!

In my view, the most important thing about the recent results is that it should take the pressure of Poch for the next 6-12 months given we should at worst finish say 8th from here even if we fell away, should hopefully make a cup final (at least!) and have beaten the probably champions in style.

That should mean that he shouldnt be under pressure from the media during the course of the next two transfer windows so hopefully by the time we start next season we have a squad much more akin to what he wants for the long-term and have made any short-term, over-priced signings

In my view, the most important thing about the recent results is that it should take the pressure of Poch for the next 6-12 months given we should at worst finish say 8th from here even if we fell away, should hopefully make a cup final (at least!) and have beaten the probably champions in style.

That should mean that he shouldnt be under pressure from the media during the course of the next two transfer windows so hopefully by the time we start next season we have a squad much more akin to what he wants for the long-term and have made any short-term, over-priced signings

Poch needs to win the league cup ... showed he could win against a big team today.

6th-8th with a Cup win in his first season will give him time and hopefully money backing ..

actually the part of falling to at worst 8th doesnt make much sense at all tbh

have you not seen the differential in results and points from the top 13 teams?/ falling below 8th is actually a possibility for like 5 to 6 teams

plus if we lose a looong string of games then poch may well be on the chopping block

Wrote earlier in the thread that today's game would tell a lot in terms of Poch, particularly seeing that Chelsea would be by far his sternest test at WHL since Liverpool came back in August.

I think it is safe to say that Poch has passed this test with flying colours and the team has powered on since August. Interestingly, while the tactics have not altered too much, personnel and the implementation of the game plan and tactics have changed considerably and for the better.

No doubt there will still be dark days over the coming months, however Poch and his coaching team should collectively enjoy this victory and positively reflect on a job well done over the past 3 months, taking us from ramshackle and weighed down by players with egos to swashbuckling with players who want to play for the coach and who want to play for the club. Well done Poch!!!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Last edited:
All of these players are excellent. Only one place left to fill. We spent £50m on Soldado and Lamela to try and fill that hole. So far they haven't worked out whatsoever, such a crying shame.

But we are a good team. Imagine us with Bale in there.

..................Lloris
Walker...Fazio...Verts...Davies
...........Mason....Bentaleb
xxxx.........Eriksen........Chadli
.................Kane

This team isn't going to finish below 8th is it? Let's be honest after today we've now got the belief back for top four. Whether we can do it only time will tell. Injuries, fatigue and fixture pile up in the cups might get in the way.

However one thing is for sure Poch has given us our Tottenham back and for that I'd like to thank him very much.

To think a couple of months ago people on here were talking about bringing Tony Pulis in to salvage our season!

All of these players are excellent. Only one place left to fill. We spent £50m on Soldado and Lamela to try and fill that hole. So far they haven't worked out whatsoever, such a crying shame.

..................Lloris
.................Kane

Was just thinking that. Then I made a mess in my pants.

Yedlin enjoyed watching us today. What a set of results today, brilliant for us.

In terms of Poch, I thought at 4-1 we should have closed the game out and bored them and made them give up.

A 3 goal cushion is big, a 2 goal cushion is suddenly game on.

We let them charge through us a few times and 4-2 could easily, easily have been 4-3 with us pushing so many players high up the pitch and inviting them to break.

That is why he brought on Salah, pace on the break, and it VERY nearly got Fazio sent off and a penalty.

We tried to keep possession, slow down the tempo and make them chase shadows. Always a risk that you lose it when you play like that and that's what happened.

Last time out against that lot Poch refused to blame Lloris because he was being asked to play it out from the back. We have to accept the risks with a style like that. The alternative is essentially just playing the ball long and lose it time and time again and invite pressure.

Thought Mourinho brought on Salah because Willian wasn't playing particularly well.

The noise from WHL was insane (over TV) today ..

Big, big win ..

The Lane is a good place to go once again, everybody is buying into Poch, and the rise of the young home grown players is helping, nothing better than seeing them thrive

Was utterly brilliant today

..................Lloris
.................Kane

Pacey right wing forward could make us a huge threat

Back