• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

My ideal team we can play for next week would be - Lloris, Dier, Fazio, Jan, Davies, Stambouli, Dembele, Lamela, Kane, Eriksen, Soldado

Yep cannot disagree with that team.

Actually I would have Naughton on the right as I think he has done well this season and Rose/Davies on the left.

Last edited:
Move towards this team, fitness permitting:

----------------lloris
walker----dier-----fazio----rose
eriksen---bentaleb--mason--townsend
------------kane------chadli

Lack of defensive midfielder won't be anymore of an issue than it currently is with Capoue in the starting XI. Get as many of our good youngsters in the side as possible, coz they are the ones who are gonna play for Poch.

Oh boy thank GHod you have nothing to do with our team :)

He persists with Rose because he's been one of our better players this season...it's as simple as that.

Has he heck, positionally weak and offers nothing in attack. People are do fused because he's improved a lot. Improved, but still cack. If we've signed a player for 10m and he's not better than rose then we have made a boo-boo

I love that he's totally ignored Invisibilinho and is not taking any of those garbage performances. He gave him a few euro games and thought "**** that never again".

Oh boy thank GHod you have nothing to do with our team :)

Why, what's wrong with the team? Let's arrange it in a non 1980's lineup:

----------------------lloris
walker-------dier------fazio-----rose
------------bentaleb---mason
--eriksen-------chadli--------townsend (these 3 fluid, but I'd prefer Townsend to mainly stay left)
-------------------kane

The width and pace is provided by Townsend and Walker. 2 centre halves who can head the ball (a weird idea, I know). Bentaleb and Mason is untired as a pair -- but I don't think Bentaleb would do a lot worse defensivelhy than Capoue. I do beleve he'd offer a lot more in possession though.

Mainly, it's getting hungry, home-grown players in the side and giving a chance to the signings that have at least earnt it (Chadli, Eriksen). Lamela from the bench til he proves himself i league games.

I gotta say, today's result felt like a loss because we played so poorly.

1) We don't look settled defensively. When Rose and Naughton pushed forward and we were caught on the break, I always felt we were gonna concede. A combination of Capoue and Mason's positioning today was part of the reason, but even in a 4231 I always feel that the advanced three don't do enough to support the deep two.

2) Eriksen, Chadli and Lamela. For me we can only start two of these. Mason has become integral to how we play and I'd be happy to see him playing in a 3 alongside a similar player to himself and Stambouli/Capoue.

3) Ego's need shattering. The pundits tonight talked about how they think certain players are resisting the changes that Poch wants to make and I'd agree. The high energy pressing game has been visible in some games but not in others. Despite what some say, Ade doesn't do well as the first man to press, he may for 10-15 mins but after that he's not bothered. Soldado works a bit harder but I don't honestly think he's suited to leading the line.

4) I get a feeling that the midweek team is something closer to Poch trying out his new players and ideas. Fazio and Stambouli are looking closer and closer to being introduced into the first team, whilst Davies has yet to settle. Kane ofc has shown himself able at both #9 and #10, whilst Lamela has recently been tried out tucking in from the left.

--eriksen-------chadli--------townsend (these 3 fluid, but I'd prefer Townsend to mainly stay left)
-------------------kane

The width and pace is provided by Townsend and Walker. 2 centre halves who can head the ball (a weird idea, I know). Bentaleb and Mason is untired as a pair -- but I don't think Bentaleb would do a lot worse defensivelhy than Capoue. I do beleve he'd offer a lot more in possession though.

Mainly, it's getting hungry, home-grown players in the side and giving a chance to the signings that have at least earnt it (Chadli, Eriksen). Lamela from the bench til he proves himself i league games.

Behave. Poch will never pick that side thank GHod. Against Stoke we will have a similar side to today with Kane starting and maybe Lamela or Townsend. Poch won't go for wholesale changes.

We were utter turd today. We are a mid table side at the minute but the fella needs 2 to 3 years to put his team together. I'm happy for him to have it as long as we aren't looking like relegation candidates.

Behave. Poch will never pick that side thank GHod. Against Stoke we will have a similar side to today with Kane starting and maybe Lamela or Townsend. Poch won't go for wholesale changes.

We were utter turd today. We are a mid table side at the minute but the fella needs 2 to 3 years to put his team together. I'm happy for him to have it as long as we aren't looking like relegation candidates.

Again, you say 'Thank GHod' but what's wrong with the team compared to the current set-up? Centre-half? (Kaboul and Vertonghen are getting bossed quite regularly). Centre mid not solid enough? (You must have seen Capoue lately). No Soldado or Ade upfront?

I don't get what's so controversial about that lineup other than leaving Lamela out for Townsend to play on the left. Basically, it's dropping players who aren't playing well and bringing in young, hungry, talented players who might do better.

Again, you say 'Thank GHod' but what's wrong with the team compared to the current set-up? Centre-half? (Kaboul and Vertonghen are getting bossed quite regularly). Centre mid not solid enough? (You must have seen Capoue lately). No Soldado or Ade upfront?

I don't get what's so controversial about that lineup other than leaving Lamela out for Townsend to play on the left. Basically, it's dropping players who aren't playing well and bringing in young, hungry, talented players who might do better.

Dier hasn't been impressive and neither has fazio. Granted one has been out of position and the other has barely played but on the evidence so far, neither is better than Jan. I've never been a big Verts fan but he is our best CB.

In the middle of the park, Mason and Bentaleb would be destroyed. Not enough presence or experience.

Dier hasn't been impressive and neither has fazio. Granted one has been out of position and the other has barely played but on the evidence so far, neither is better than Jan. I've never been a big Verts fan but he is our best CB.

In the middle of the park, Mason and Bentaleb would be destroyed. Not enough presence or experience.

I think centre-halves, whoever you pick from our lot, you can find bad games, mistakes galore and general sh1te defending. Dier and Fazio are both tall and can head it, which might be useful for attacking our own corners if nothing else! :lol:

Bentaleb and Mason, I dunno if they would get destroyed.We have a defensive mid in there at the minute (Capoue) who just gets bypassed way too often. At least with those 2 lads, the ball will get moved about and possession will get retained and used at a quicker tempo. Add Eriksen drifting into that and you've got some good use of the ball there imo. If we had Roy Keane, then of course pick him. But since it's Capoue, I don't feel like we lose out on much by dropping him.

Same goes for Kaboul, Vert, Ade, Soldado -- either misfiring or just plain bad attitudes.

We must have a playmaker in CM. At the moment our best option is Eriksen, he is wasted out wide, and it wastes the potential of that position playing him there as well. I'd rather see Stambouli and Eriksen in a 4-4-1-1, OR Eriksen and a more defensively minded midfielder in the 2 of a 4-2-3-1, than start Eriksen out wide and the haul him off because he hasn't played that well there. . Bale is wide player. Lennon is a wide player. Eriksen is very obviously not.

Sigurdsson is a great example of the difference it makes playing a player in their favoured position. Look how he is performing for Swansea. We sure know how to ruin some players.

Inverted wingers with full backs pushed up with only 2 CMs means we are constantly overrun on the flanks on the counter. Rose was on his own against two so often and then Verts had to support him allowing space for the runner through the middle. Similar on the other side.

Way too often Mason and Capoue were yards behind the counter. They were not sprinting back either or tracking runners well.

This is all for Poch to sort out. He still has lots of time for me but the issues are glaringly obvious.

Has he heck, positionally weak and offers nothing in attack. People are do fused because he's improved a lot. Improved, but still cack. If we've signed a player for 10m and he's not better than rose then we have made a boo-boo

Any left back who has to defend behind Chadli would look weak positionally. Yet despite having two players to defend against in just about every game this season Rose has been consistently one of our best 3 or 4 players in each game.

-------------------kane

Leaving jan out is suicide. That back 4 would get even more destroyed than the current one. Bentaleb and mason are two average, very similar styled players. Townsend is cack. Kane isn't a number 9 for me.

i cant help but look at where southampton are, he was lauded for getting them into the top half, they lose a boatload of players, so is Koeman a miracle worker, should poch be praised for setting a foundation or should Nigel Adkins who was there 3 years take credit for that. Poch got this job on the strength of what he did on the south coast, that seems to lose credibility every week as do the signings of soldado, lamela etc.

Leaving jan out is suicide. That back 4 would get even more destroyed than the current one. Bentaleb and mason are two average, very similar styled players. Townsend is cack. Kane isn't a number 9 for me.

I don't agree, surprisingly :p

I don't think Vertonghen is particularly on another level to any of our other centre-halves, they are all quite average. Bentaleb is different to Mason, from what I have seen. Bentaleb likes to sit deep more often, and tick the ball around with simple passes. Mason seems to be a bit more hollywood, makes a lot of runs into the box and is very forward thinking. They might strike a nice balance, and it's not like Capoue is providing bullet-proof protection, he wouldn't be missed imo. I don't see why Kane can't play as a number 9, but I also think he and Chadli could easily interchange throughout a match.

Townsend ain't that good on the right, but if given a brief to provide width down the left side, he'd be an effective player imo. Eventually, Lamela would take his place but he'd need to et his confidence up by playing against tired legs from the bench first, imo. He could also play the Eriksen position, as the player who drifts in and allows Walker to smash it up down the right flank.

I don't agree, surprisingly :p

I don't think Vertonghen is particularly on another level to any of our other centre-halves, they are all quite average. Bentaleb is different to Mason, from what I have seen. Bentaleb likes to sit deep more often, and tick the ball around with simple passes. Mason seems to be a bit more hollywood, makes a lot of runs into the box and is very forward thinking. They might strike a nice balance, and it's not like Capoue is providing bullet-proof protection, he wouldn't be missed imo. I don't see why Kane can't play as a number 9, but I also think he and Chadli could easily interchange throughout a match.

Townsend ain't that good on the right, but if given a brief to provide width down the left side, he'd be an effective player imo. Eventually, Lamela would take his place but he'd need to et his confidence up by playing against tired legs from the bench first, imo. He could also play the Eriksen position, as the player who drifts in and allows Walker to smash it up down the right flank.

Fair enough mate, let's see how things play out and hope, whichever teams, starts turning it on!

I'm not sure he's going to get it, if we had lost today, you could imagine the reaction.

Big concern is he seems to be cracking under the pressure, the bottle throw down in first half is not a good sign, nor was the look from the players on bench.

But was it more impressive then gilet throwing?

I think Poch has reached a juncture where he needs to be less stubborn and drop the likes of Kaboul and Ade. Our spine bar Lloris is fairly weak but think it could be improved wtih bringing in Soldado and Kane up top and perhaps Stambouli in the middle with Fazio at the back

Looking forward to Thursday with Stambouli Fazio and Kane starting, unless he decides to rest Harry for Sunday. But I think we need Harry starting Thursday and Sunday.

Back