• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Poch can end this tonight with a big performance from the lads, and a clear statement to say he's staying at the end of it.

Football wise it makes no sense to move to United, the structure isn't in place for him to perform, and importantly, it is highly likely that they'll be a Europa League team next season. It would be completely illogical for him to move there. That said, if we allow ourselves to get sucked in to the media agenda and let it kick us out of the top 4, we are in big trouble! It's on us as fans to show him what he means to us now more than ever. COYS!

Poch can end this tonight with a big performance from the lads, and a clear statement to say he's staying at the end of it.

Football wise it makes no sense to move to United, the structure isn't in place for him to perform, and importantly, it is highly likely that they'll be a Europa League team next season. It would be completely illogical for him to move there. That said, if we allow ourselves to get sucked in to the media agenda and let it kick us out of the top 4, we are in big trouble! It's on us as fans to show him what he means to us now more than ever. COYS!

Tonight is one where you don't want to watch the pre or post crap talking about Poch to United

Sigh. Disappointing, but at least it finally kills off the 'we have a separate transfer budget unaffected by the stadium' spiel that Levy's been spinning for the past year.

It isn't wrong - we do have a separate transfer budget. It's 0.00 pounds, and always will be under ENIC.

People bristled when I said we were being run like a pound-shop Arsenal when it comes to the stadium. And rightfully so, I guess - it's hurtful to consider it.

But we are - that's the inescapable truth. We have owners who are doing nothing but using the club's own income to build a stadium, and who seem to have settled on the same model Arsenal followed for the Emirates - f*ck trying to win things, we have a brilliant manager who can work miracles, let him keep us floating around the top with absolutely no spending and no backing for years while we pay it down. Just like Arsenal.

That whole plan, however, depends on that manager being around to keep us treading water through the process. If Poch goes, the owners will have a dilemma on their hands - very few top managers will be as willing to work with their hands tied as Poch is, and the rest will not do nearly as good a job.

That's one way of looking at it, and a perfectly valid one.
But maybe poch was saying that to stop the transfer questions in their tracks. We know the club don't like discussing it so maybe he's setting it up just now to stop them asking

You may think I am naive, and maybe I am, but there is a part of me that hopes and believes that when we open our new stadium, during that first match when he looks around at the cathedral of football he will realize that he is on to a good thing.

You may think I am naive, and maybe I am, but there is a part of me that hopes and believes that when we open our new stadium, during that first match when he looks around at the cathedral of football he will realize that he is on to a good thing.

He already knows it

There really needs to be a rule in place that requires clubs to name their replacement manager within a shorter time frame. I think it’s unfair for Manchester United to not name a replacement manager until the summer. The speculation over whether it will, or won’t be, Pochettino, that takes the job at Old Trafford leaves an air of uncertainty hanging over us.

What if we wished to sign a new player, but the potential signing elected not to join as they were concerned that Pochettino would be off in the summer? So, we miss out on a potential signing because Manchester United play slow ball with the announcement of their future appointment. The same could be true of a key player from our squad not signing a new contract. Or players commitment lowering in their performances as they feel Pochettino will be leaving in the summer, so what does it matter beyond the next six months.

If Manchester United want Pochettino, they should be pushed to make their move now. Either he says yes, or no. And then Manchester United announce who will take over in the summer. What right do they have to jeopardise the dealings of another club with six months of speculation.

Have many of you not learned that this man has an aura around him and will not leave due to this very reason.

2f06c1dd-f9ac-413b-994b-51ec28ed8a54

There really needs to be a rule in place that requires clubs to name their replacement manager within a shorter time frame. I think it’s unfair for Manchester United to not name a replacement manager until the summer. The speculation over whether it will, or won’t be, Pochettino, that takes the job at Old Trafford leaves an air of uncertainty hanging over us.

What if we wished to sign a new player, but the potential signing elected not to join as they were concerned that Pochettino would be off in the summer? So, we miss out on a potential signing because Manchester United play slow ball with the announcement of their future appointment. The same could be true of a key player from our squad not signing a new contract. Or players commitment lowering in their performances as they feel Pochettino will be leaving in the summer, so what does it matter beyond the next six months.

If Manchester United want Pochettino, they should be pushed to make their move now. Either he says yes, or no. And then Manchester United announce who will take over in the summer. What right do they have to jeopardise the dealings of another club with six months of speculation.

I know what you’re saying but clubs would find a way around it. Madrid have effectively appointed a lame duck to the end of the season but on a two year deal. We kinda did the same with Tactics Tim.

The sentiment is fair enough but it’d be unworkable.

I find it interesting that Utd have immediately gone with a caretaker til the end of the season. Why? Surely if you fire your manager then you've been thinking about it for a while so your thinking of who to replace him is well advanced.

On that basis, who might only be available in the summer, or want to see this season out before they leave? Allegri has to be one strong possibility - won countless titles with Juve but wants to get a CL win. Not sure who else...however if they want Poch, why wold end of the season be easier than now? If they want ZZ, why not just hire him?

I find it interesting that Utd have immediately gone with a caretaker til the end of the season. Why? Surely if you fire your manager then you've been thinking about it for a while so your thinking of who to replace him is well advanced.

On that basis, who might only be available in the summer, or want to see this season out before they leave? Allegri has to be one strong possibility - won countless titles with Juve but wants to get a CL win. Not sure who else...however if they want Poch, why wold end of the season be easier than now? If they want ZZ, why not just hire him?
Agree if it was Zidane they would have just appointed him. But as for Poch playing devils advocate, he wouldn’t want to leave mid season firstly because of not wanting to leave us in the lurch mid season, and also coaches always say it’s much tougher taking a club over mid season and much prefer doing so in the summer. Also gives him more time to weigh up his options if he is Utds main choice and he has a real decision to make. Just a couple of possibilities....

Maybe a DoF will arrive first

Back