• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

I get your point, mate. I can appreciate your angle of a change perhaps being beneficial. I am sure he will stay and am glad though, I’d be excited by a Poch Mark II team. Thinks it’s been a question of mentality this season and that is because so many players are reaching the end of their time here. The way Steff has talked about Eriksen it seems like even if he signed a contract he would still be waiting for Barca.

I get your point, mate. I can appreciate your angle of a change perhaps being beneficial. I am sure he will stay and am glad though, I’d be excited by a Poch Mark II team. Thinks it’s been a question of meteorology this season and that is because so many players are reaching the end of their time here. The way Steff has talked about Eriksen it seems like even if he signed a contract he would still be waiting for Barca.

It will be fascinating to see how it all turns out. I think Barca are off the table now after De Jong. I had always felt it was Barca or a new contract with is. It will come down to Poch and him. Would love nothing more than a committed and energized Eriksen to re-sign in the summer and be the player he is once more...

I know he has not been with us anywhere near the same length of time, I still think though we cannot fall into a Wenger type scenario of hanging on to a manager from a 'fear of change'.
If we start seeing the kind of stagnation and decline that Wenger delivered I would agree. I don't think we have, at all. A somewhat bumpy season in very difficult circumstances is to be expected and I see no reason to think Pochettino won't improve us from here. I don't see any reason to think that the probability of further improvement is higher with a different manager.

If we start seeing the kind of stagnation and decline that Wenger delivered I would agree. I don't think we have, at all. A somewhat bumpy season in very difficult circumstances is to be expected and I see no reason to think Pochettino won't improve us from here. I don't see any reason to think that the probability of further improvement is higher with a different manager.

It’s more the fear of change and that becoming a negative effect on the club.

It’s a very fair point but we’re certainly nowhere near that. If Poch delivers CL football for next season he has us punching above our weight. Throw in the other factors and it’s a hell of an achievement. It’s just been diminished in the eyes of some because he’s done it for several successive seasons. With some people, Poch is a victim of his own success and CL is now expected.

Wenger was delivering some very average results for several seasons. Arsenal should have made the change 2-5 years before they did IMO.

It’s a very fair point but we’re certainly nowhere near that. If Poch delivers CL football for next season he has us punching above our weight. Throw in the other factors and it’s a hell of an achievement. It’s just been diminished in the eyes of some because he’s done it for several successive seasons. With some people, Poch is a victim of his own success and CL is now expected.

Wenger was delivering some very average results for several seasons. Arsenal should have made the change 2-5 years before they did IMO.

I'd say (as of right now), seems like we have stalled temporarily (with lots of mitigating reasons), qualifying for CL has never been a given for us.

The Scum comparison is off because CL was a given for them and over a period of years they regressed from starting the season as title/trophy contenders to just snatching 4th by putting on a run at the end of season, and this repeated multiple times. The other issue (and more important in my view) was Wenger lost the ability/will to see and fix flaws (lack of DM, overbalance of flair players, brick keeper, etc.)

If we started next season with Trippier/Rose or Trippier/Davies and Sissoko/Winks as first choice options, I'd be very concerned. But Poch has changed his midfield pivot almost every season, so not so worried.

If we start seeing a reason to think that there's a fear of change I'll worry about that. Not much in how Levy has managed the club so far that indicates that's the case.

Let's not let the fear of the fear of change become a negative effect on the club [emoji6]

Not sure fear of change is something that could be levelled at Levy, especially in respect of managers.

That’s a fair point. But, to be fair to Levy, Poch said last night that from the minute he signed, Levy told him the aim was to have CL football in the new stadium for the second season which was 5-6 years from when he appointed Poch.

That says to me that Levy is always thinking very long term (as his track record at the club indicates with the facilities and steady improvement).

Prior to Poch, Levy had a reputation as a trigger happy chairman. I think it’s beyond doubt now that that is not the case. He is always thinking long term - sometimes too much so. He won’t keep a manager he doesn’t see delivering in the long term. Personally, at the time and even now, I think he got the Jol and Harry calls wrong but if you stand back and look at the big, big picture, I can now see why he did what he did (even if AVB and Ramos were poor appointments).

That’s a fair point. But, to be fair to Levy, Poch said last night that from the minute he signed, Levy told him the aim was to have CL football in the new stadium for the second season which was 5-6 years from when he appointed Poch.

That says to me that Levy is always thinking very long term (as his track record at the club indicates with the facilities and steady improvement).

Prior to Poch, Levy had a reputation as a trigger happy chairman. I think it’s beyond doubt now that that is not the case. He is always thinking long term - sometimes too much so. He won’t keep a manager he doesn’t see delivering in the long term. Personally, at the time and even now, I think he got the Jol and Harry calls wrong but if you stand back and look at the big, big picture, I can now see why he did what he did (even if AVB and Ramos were poor appointments).

Totally agree. Mine was just a tongue in cheek comment.

Be brave, new chapter, think big, new era starts now.

Big talk from the main man. Good to hear, but we'll see what happens in the off season eh?

His comments about Joe Lewis at the end were quite amusing.

If we start seeing a reason to think that there's a fear of change I'll worry about that. Not much in how Levy has managed the club so far that indicates that's the case.

Let's not let the fear of the fear of change become a negative effect on the club
emoji6.png

That's why I said
Levy will be all over this, luckily.

Back