• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Still no Director of Football present - chance to stake a claim for full control of footballing matters, much like he enjoys here.

Woodward is meant to want to bring one in. Woodward also overruled Mourinho on selling players. I think there has to be a question of whether Poch could work with him.

I would be disappointed but understanding if poch left to go a European club, but to go to a direct rival would be a totally classless and disgusting act, and tbh one I can't see poch making.
I have little regard for few of the players/managers that ditch us, but this would be close to rsol proportions for me, I don't think he will go.

Has no bearing on anything happening atm but has any top English club ever poached a manager from a direct rival? And yes utd are a bigger club than us blah blah blah, but we are direct rivals, there's no trophy we compete for atm or in the near future that we aren't better priced favourites to win than utd.

The thing is, as much as we want to see Poch backed this transfer window, no one is going to sell their top talent mid-season. Take N'Dombele for instance; even if we could afford him, Lyon would not let him go when they have the UCL last 16 to play him in.

You are right of course

I would be perfectly happy (I’m the only one that matters obs) with getting him signed up for the summer.

If the manger thinks he’s that much of a game changer then no one will mind waiting a couple more months.

The press/ex players are going on like there’s an opportunity to take over the post Fergie Man U. It’s a completely different animal now. Gonna take a good couple of years to sort out - and all this while we have a couple of seasons in our new stadium. Add to that they are highly unlikely to have Champs Lge football next year. There really aren’t many positives to go there.

Neville going in about the new man introducing youth players etc.....that’s a fan appeaser, the real world doesn’t really allow for too much of that at Utd.

You are right of course

I would be perfectly happy (I’m the only one that matters obs) with getting him signed up for the summer.

If the manger thinks he’s that much of a game changer then no one will mind waiting a couple more months.

Agree. Let’s be honest, there never seems to be that much real quality moving about in January. We may add a stop gap utility player to help with the injuries. But Poch is just as likely to trust the youngsters.

I wouldn’t be surprised with no signings at all.

Love that, but where is it taken from?

From this ESPN article:
http://www.espn.co.uk/soccer/totten...e-distracted-by-manchester-united-speculation

"I'm happy here in Tottenham and I have four-and-a-half years left on my contract. I understand you're interested because there are a lot of rumours but look, I'm happy here, trying to give my best to the club."

"Like always in football, no-one can guarantee nothing and when you are a manager, look what happened," he said. "What's going to happen in the summer? What's going to happen tomorrow? No-one knows. The most important thing is to enjoy the journey. We're so happy here.

"What the decision is going to be in another club, we don't know. That's not my business, it's so difficult to guess, and then I'm not going to waste time or energy because my focus and my energy is in this club, is on tomorrow and to prepare the best way the games, and of course to respect the club that employs you."

I think the question is whether it's a manager or a DoF they're going to wait until the summer for.

I was thinking the same thing whilst replying to @DubaiSpur. If it is the model that they want to adopt, now is the perfect time to bring in a DoF and let them have a say in the manager.

I remember all this with Bale to Madrid. I was convinced he'd give us another year and was gutted when he left. Looking back, I dunno how I ever thought he'd stay once Madrid came calling.

If Utd want Poch, then he's gone imo. But it's not a given that they want him. They have 'brand' considerations and they might just go for the biggest name, which would be Zidane. Wouldn't surprise me to see them get Zidane and then re-sign Ronaldo or some sh1t like that.

I remember all this with Bale to Madrid. I was convinced he'd give us another year and was gutted when he left. Looking back, I dunno how I ever thought he'd stay once Madrid came calling.

If Utd want Poch, then he's gone imo. But it's not a given that they want him. They have 'brand' considerations and they might just go for the biggest name, which would be Zidane. Wouldn't surprise me to see them get Zidane and then re-sign Ronaldo or some sh1t like that.

Well, Real Madrid, who is arguably an even bigger club than United (with a much better track record of late), wanted Poch in the summer, but he stayed, so I wouldn't take it for granted that Poch would even want to leave, should United want him in.

The press/ex players are going on like there’s an opportunity to take over the post Fergie Man U. It’s a completely different animal now. Gonna take a good couple of years to sort out - and all this while we have a couple of seasons in our new stadium. Add to that they are highly unlikely to have Champs Lge football next year. There really aren’t many positives to go there.

Neville going in about the new man introducing youth players etc.....that’s a fan appeaser, the real world doesn’t really allow for too much of that at Utd.

See, I think the opposite. It's much better to take over from them in the summer than it was after Fergie left. Fergie didn't even finish outside the top 3 for about 20 years straight. Taking over for next season, whoever it is, the fans and board would be happy with a top 4 finish with some attacking football. They'd have to do more in subsequent seasons, but initially, that would be the bar and that is very achievable for a good coach like Poch -- especially if they were to buy £200m worth of players.

This is the perfect time to take over what is one of the world's biggest clubs, because Moyes/LvG/Mourinho have lowered the bar so much as to what constitutes a good season, at least initially. You will never get that at Barca/Madrid/Bayern. Relative to those clubs, a coach will get some time to get it right at Utd.

You said every possible way.
Now you say that the league position is of zero relevance to a club's size.

I appreciate you're making a flouncy hyperbolic point which isn't wholly inaccurate. But it's not 400% correct either.
You said every possible way.
Now you say that the league position is of zero relevance to a club's size.

I appreciate you're making a flouncy hyperbolic point which isn't wholly inaccurate. But it's not 400% correct either.

League position has no bearing on club size.

Leeds are in the Championship and League 1 and are still bigger than most the sides in the premier league.

Well, Real Madrid, who is arguably an even bigger club than United (with a much better track record of late), wanted Poch in the summer, but he stayed, so I wouldn't take it for granted that Poch would even want to leave, should United want him in.

I think the Utd job is a much better one for a coach than the Madrid one at this moment in time (I just made another post above, I won't bore you with repeating it all haha).

Oh come ON Deano, look, play the game if you want but at least know the players!!!! Poch is NOT that sort of bloke, given his track record anyway. Why would he need to "leak an ag

The single biggest issue is that no-one has interpreted that statement properly!!!!! It did NOT mean "give me a squillion quid or I am off" it simply meant that the time has come to NOT buy "filler" and ONLY buy the best...and iff we cannot, then don't fudging buy ANYONE just to fill numbers that don't need it.

Funny how NO-ONE jumped on his anger at the CL squad situation, something caused directly by having too many "filler" players...

Grealish might be the finest example of all. Even I wanted him here as I thought he'd be a fine fit. Yet here we are, 3rd, best points total ever, in the last 16 of the CL, Q?F of a cup and not even with our first 11 fully fit for more than a couple of games this season. Skipp and Winks doing the business. I'd say Poch was sadder about losing Amos to injury than not signing Grealish.

The press are tossers. They tell us we're not good enough, but suddenly now our manager is the "only one" for the Utd job? What gonads it all is.

Look at the stadium.
Look at the players.
Look at the relationships.
But most importantly, look at (and listen to) the man.

He isn't going now or in the summer UNLESS Levy fudges him. And I do not see that happening.

I think this post needs repeating over and over. It's so easy for people to hear what they want to hear in any quote, rather than actually what is happening.

CL squad situation, being brave, we all look at it through the lens of our own understanding, rather than through Poch's lens. And Poch seems to be a fundementally different man to most, hence most press folk cannot figure him out, and put stories out there which don't seem consistent with anything we know about the man. The Times article that says Poch has 'let it be known he wants the United job', it is just absolutely laughable. I'm sure they have 'someone' acting as a source, and I'm sure they've cloaked the article in enough qualifiers that they can claim they aren't really lying, but it is utterly, terrible garbage.

Back