• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

They will ask again as long as Poch keeps Spurs challenging/in the top 4

They asked Wenger numerous times during his Arse years and he kept turning them down

Plus there are not many names in the future they can turn to. It's a dwindling pool of talent
This is how I see it too. They'll be back again and again as long as Poch/Spurs are doing well. It is not a once in lifetime offer IMO.

Poch wants to make a real stab at building something meanful at Spurs. In 10 years time he will still be a relatively young man in managerial terms. After he has his won his 4th CL title and 5th PL title with Spurs he walk into Perez' office, drop his c.ock onto the table and tell him to suck it. And he will.

Last edited:
You’re joking right? Real Madrid is probably a once in a lifetime opportunity to manage. If Poch somehow resists he won’t be asked again. They’ll move onto someone else and then someone else in a few years when they sack that guy.

I think we need to see it like this. We poached Poch from Southampton. Spurs are much bigger than Southampton.

Real poach Poch from Spurs. Real are much bigger than Spurs. Pretty much the same gulf difference.

Of course it's not once in a lifetime! It's anything but.

I'm sure if he fancies a crack at it in 3-5 years time, as much as I'd be gutted if he had kept being successful with us, I wouldn't begrudge him it. But they aren't going to act against their own self interest because he decided he was happy where he was, one summer! Come on man.

If he tells them to make an approach, and they somehow get past Levy, and THEN he turns them down, I can see them being quite annoyed, would probably view him as a time waster and that probably would be something of a black mark. But he's saying he's happy, that he isn't going to force a move, and that Levy isn't going to let him go. He has nothing to turn down. And because of that, they may well come back in 2-3 years.

I am curious, have their ever been any 'project' type Managers that ultimately just leave? There aren't too many examples, Fergie obviously built Man United. Wenger built Arsenal. I think the security and the kudos of literally being THE MAN at a club is something quite rare, that not too many people get to achieve, that it is something of a pull in and of itself. Does managing Madrid for 2 years beat out getting a statue of yourself outside a gorgeous new stadium? I'm not sure it does.

There are a whole host of managers that have styled themselves as nomads in this new era. 3 years max. Mourinho, Conte, Pep, Ancelotti. Poch isn't that. There aren't too many opportunities to literally build a club.

On the other hand, Klopp left Dortmund after 7 years. He'd taken them as far as he thought he could, and he thought that the players needed a new voice. Maybe we get similar from Poch. Maybe he becomes our Wenger or Fergie, or maybe he does a Klopp, and goes as far as he thinks is realistic, and then goes. Simeone seemingly keeps performing miracles every year and I guess with him it's for how long does he have the energy to keep doing it.

Maybe whether he becomes our Fergie will come down to how much he feels that the club can grow on a consistent basis. And does he think he can rebuild an entire squad over a decade like Fergie did, but that Klopp seemingly didn't have the energy for? Does he think we can be genuine title contenders and CL contenders every year? If so, I think he becomes our Fergie, and it's as much down to Levy and the overall possibility and strategy of the club to make that happen. Does he feel like we will only ever be a consistent top 4 club and will only challenge for the title when we are lucky and Emirates Marketing Project have an off year? If so, he probably leaves in 3 years.

You’re joking right? Real Madrid is probably a once in a lifetime opportunity to manage. If Poch somehow resists he won’t be asked again. They’ll move onto someone else and then someone else in a few years when they sack that guy.

I think we need to see it like this. We poached Poch from Southampton. Spurs are much bigger than Southampton.

Real poach Poch from Spurs. Real are much bigger than Spurs. Pretty much the same gulf difference.

IMG_5669.JPG

Poch-Madrid-Leaving-Fear update...everytime you say anything else about it mate, smack yourself in the balls!!!!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

All km saying is that Redknapp got huge criticism for how he responded to the England speculation but I don't think he handled it any different to how Poch is dealing with this Real spec

Poch is not 400% ruling out Real and it was the same with Redknapp back then regarding England

Harry got criticised because his head got turned and he took his eye off the ball mid season which led us to dropping points and ultimately failing to qualify for the Champions League from a seemingly unassailable position. He admitted later to having chatted with a Brendan Rodgers about him coming on board his “England” team. That showed a complete lack of loyalty especially when the club stood by him during his court case.

He said at the time that speculation over his position would not affect his players. At the end of the season he contradicted this in order to blackmail Levy into giving him a new contract.

There is no similarity at the moment between Poch and Harry. You are reaching a bit to make out there is.

Harry got criticised because his head got turned and he took his eye off the ball mid season which led us to dropping points and ultimately failing to qualify for the Champions League from a seemingly unassailable position. He admitted later to having chatted with a Brendan Rodgers about him coming on board his “England” team. That showed a complete lack of loyalty especially when the club stood by him during his court case.

He said at the time that speculation over his position would not affect his players. At the end of the season he contradicted this in order to blackmail Levy into giving him a new contract.

There is no similarity at the moment between Poch and Harry. You are reaching a bit to make out there is.

I remember that we finished 4th that season, at a time when it was quite an achievement for us to finish in the top 4, but CL football was cruelly snatched from us by Chelski doing the improbable of winning the CL in the manner they did.

Also it didn't help that we we strengthened the squad with Ryan Nelson and Louis Saha in January. If you are 3rd at the time and want to make a push for the title that is not really going to help. That lack of ambition just transfered itself to the players and fans and it contributed to the downward spiral from 3rd to 4th

But the rest i agree with you. Poch is nowhere near doing what Redknapp did back then. Poch has done his best to stop the speculation and hopefully we can all now get on with looking forward to the new season with him in charge.

I remember that we finished 4th that season, at a time when it was quite an achievement for us to finish in the top 4, but CL football was cruelly snatched from us by Chelski doing the improbable of winning the CL in the manner they did.

Also it didn't help that we we strengthened the squad with Ryan Nelson and Louis Saha in January. If you are 3rd at the time and want to make a push for the title that is not really going to help. That lack of ambition just transfered itself to the players and fans and it contributed to the downward spiral from 3rd to 4th

But the rest i agree with you. Poch is nowhere near doing what Redknapp did back then. Poch has done his best to stop the speculation and hopefully we can all now get on with looking forward to the new season with him in charge.

Why did he only get Saha and Nelsen? Because the clown shoe basically said he was off to the England job in the summer and we did not have the budget to spend big on a player the next manager might not want. We were a solid - solid!- third. 12 points up. When he hitched his skirt it derailed us. 100%. The Cult of ‘Arry continue to baffle me. This is a man who joked that he couldn’t read properly and that his dog helped him?!

Sorry, but his name should not even be in the same post code as Poch’s...

We should never have come 4th that season. It was cruel for us to watch but we should never have been in the position where Chelsea could have taken it from us.

Why did he only get Saha and Nelsen? Because the clown shoe basically said he was off to the England job in the summer and we did not have the budget to spend big on a player the next manager might not want. We were a solid - solid!- third. 12 points up. When he hitched his skirt it derailed us. 400%. The Cult of ‘Arry continue to baffle me. This is a man who joked that he couldn’t read properly and that his dog helped him?!

Sorry, but his name should not even be in the same post code as Poch’s...

Well I'm appreciative of our time under Redknapp. Great football, top 4 finishes for the first time in the PL, CL football, Inter at home, winning at Arse, the rebirth of Bale, he was part of our joining the elite again and challenging. Yes he was a rent a gob, blabbermouth, always looking for attention, but for all that it was a very enjoyable and an exciting ride. So yes for my sins I guess I'm a member of the Cult of Arry:)

We should never have come 4th that season. It was cruel for us to watch but we should never have been in the position where Chelsea could have taken it from us.

Just part of being Tottenham. How many examples do we need of snatching defeat from the grasps of victory.

It was somehow similar the following season under AVB.....how far ahead of Arse were we after we beat them at the Lane early March? How did we manage to finish 5th that season. Sh!t happens. Arse went on a ridiculous run which we didn't match. Who do we blame

Well I'm appreciative of our time under Redknapp. Great football, top 4 finishes for the first time in the PL, CL football, Inter at home, winning at Arse, the rebirth of Bale, he was part of our joining the elite again and challenging. Yes he was a rent a gob, blabbermouth, always looking for attention, but for all that it was a very enjoyable and an exciting ride. So yes for my sins I guess I'm a member of the Cult of Arry:)

Fair play, cannot argue that we had some great nights under him but I always felt he was lucky to have Bale, Modric and King in there ticking pretty.

Back