• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

2 - It might simply be a blip in form. I've no doubt that winning at the Bridge took some emotional energy out of the players. A 10 pt lead and what looked like a cruise to the end of the season saw a dip in performances. Its hard to pull that back and we simply haven't hit our groove again.

I think it is simply a bit of a blip. Problem is, the time between games (and longer between league games) becomes more fertile for flimflam rumours the longer it goes on.

Fans dont help, whenever there is a gap between matches they get all antsy and see conspiracy everywhere

I would pick up on the whole 10 point lead thing though - its not quite as appears. We do still have a game in hand that will take us to 5 points ahead, with only 3 to play.

Chelsea have Liverpool and Huddersfield (H) and Saudi Sportswashing Machine (A) still to play, and thats a fair gap to try and make up with 3 games left, especially when ours are all winnable.

EDIT:
Chelsea also have the FA cup final on the horizon, a massive game, which may well take their focus.

Incidentally we are 4 points behind Liverpool, with a game in hand. By tonight that could be 1 point. Them having the CL to focus on, and a couple of tricky fixtures (Chelsea A, Brighton H) I see no reason why we shouldnt be looking up instead of down.

Personally i think the gap between games is a blessing for Poch regarding the time he has with the group, time to reset, discuss and work on any underlying problems or issues, rest time for any players in the red and recovery for niggling injuries.....then mentally prep them to be firing tonight.

All the negative thoughts about looking behind at Chelsea, there more chance of us catching Liverpool than Chelsea catching up.
All the negative headlines about poch statement, he more or less said that the CLUBS project will continue, with or without him. No one is bigger than the club, not him and definitely not the players.
If you can't contribute expect to be here.

All the negative thoughts about looking behind at Chelsea, there more chance of us catching Liverpool than Chelsea catching up.
All the negative headlines about poch statement, he more or less said that the CLUBS project will continue, with or without him. No one is bigger than the club, not him and definitely not the players.

Interesting - I hadn’t considered that the message Poch has recently been trying to send with his ‘me or another’ etc is that no one is bigger than the club, and that all the players should follow his lead in realising that too... maybe a stretch, but could be true.

I think a big win and emphatic performance tonight will put a lot of the negativity and anxiety to bed.

Fail to win and the next few weeks will be unbearable.

I don't think the plan was ever much different, the increased income will only really cover the increased wages we'll need to pay to keep the better players around a bit longer, it would be odd to change a recruitment process that has worked so well for so long.

Interesting - I hadn’t considered that the message Poch has recently been trying to send with his ‘me or another’ etc is that no one is bigger than the club, and that all the players should follow his lead in realising that too... maybe a stretch, but could be true.
Well, that's precisely what Poch said. When asked to clarify what he meant, he said that the club has a certain way of approaching things, a system, a plan, goals, none of that will change if Poch is here or Poch is not here, it is a bigger plan than Poch. We look to buy a certain age, style and price of player, the stadium and training centre are being delivered, that is all Poch meant.

I don't think the plan was ever much different, the increased income will only really cover the increased wages we'll need to pay to keep the better players around a bit longer, it would be odd to change a recruitment process that has worked so well for so long.

I agree but I do sometimes think we spend money to freely and should be more careful with it, the Sissoko transfer was odd. I hope that if we do sell a few this summer we are more careful with the funds and go down the path of buying talented youngsters route.

I agree but I do sometimes think we spend money to freely and should be more careful with it, the Sissoko transfer was odd. I hope that if we do sell a few this summer we are more careful with the funds and go down the path of buying talented youngsters route.

What Saudi Sportswashing Machine claim they got for Sissoko and what we actually paid are most likely two very different numbers.

Post cup defeats I think Poch could come out and big us up. There are many amazing stats about this side. ...while playing away at Wembley we have out paced sides with massively bigger resources. Miniscule net transfer spend. Scoring in every game for 26 games. Playing in the CL. Spurs are still awesome.

I think Poch was deflated after going out of the CL and then FA cup. But he should lift everyone and come back fighting.

Last edited:
Back