• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Might do mate, but I get tired of the "we accept losing in a way others don't" narrative. In the last three seasons that is patently not the case. Anyone who thought Poch doesn't care about the cups should've noted his reaction to Saturday and his silence since. In fact,the last time I remember such silence after disappointment was post Newcash thrashing at the end of the season a couple back. He does not like losing. Those players do not like losing. He knows we need two to three in our squad who will be instant game changers and final pieces.

I can hear the collective moans of some here (not you per se mate) but right now we need to show this squad, and this manager, that we believe, storm our final four games and make a genuine fudging statement. Again, I hope 80,000 get to Wembley for Watford and I hope the manager hears his name sung by every single Spurs voice there!
The miserable git on the pod (Rob Easom) this week seldom has a positive word to say and posits that the response to going behind against Manure might indicate key players and/or Poch leaving at the end of the season. He suggested they didn't care about losing, that Harry just ran straight off and most of the others didn't look gutted enough. The other contributors don't let him off the hook though. Now you don't have to listen!

I listened to it earlier - the moany git lost all credibility when he said he would not have been happy, if at the start of the season he was told we'd finish top 4, semis of FA Cup, Beat Real Arse Pool Cheatski etc etc... what a windup merchant.
He said he could tell none of the players truly wanted it, that nobody made runs because they didn't care, Poch didn't care, something really bad is afoot, either Poch or a key player is leaving, blah blah blah... Jesus, what a negative troll he was.

I wonder what name he goes under on here?
I have a few ideas ;)

I think I will give that miss.

The miserable git on the pod (Rob Easom) this week seldom has a positive word to say and posits that the response to going behind against Manure might indicate key players and/or Poch leaving at the end of the season. He suggested they didn't care about losing, that Harry just ran straight off and most of the others didn't look gutted enough. The other contributors don't let him off the hook though. Now you don't have to listen!

That guy is a clam, he only goes on when we have a bad run, first time he’s been on in ages, I don’t listen when he’s on it as he’s a fudging macaron who couldn’t see a positive if it punched him in his stupid fat face. Did I mention he’s a clam.

That guy is a clam, he only goes on when we have a bad run, first time he’s been on in ages, I don’t listen when he’s on it as he’s a fudging macaron who couldn’t see a positive if it punched him in his stupid fat face. Did I mention he’s a clam.
You did and I feel likewise. He's not just a clam, he's a clam-bake with all the clammy trimmings.

He was very negative but sometimes it’s good to hear that perspective, I think, even if you don’t agree with it. He made some decent points (that we have, to some degree, turned our noses up over the last few seasons at the only cups we have a realistic chance of winning; that Wenger is being forced out at Arsenal despite winning three FA Cups in four years and being in with a shout at the Europa - stuff we can only dream of) although I thought his analysis of the semi-final was utter gonads, to be fair.

I have a lot of time for Mike Leigh when he hosts.

Last edited:
yes but you get to reply to people on here

True! :D

The Spurs Show isn’t just one bloke ranting his views, though; it’s usually a panel of three or four who debate all things Spurs in a really knowledgable (especially now Phil Cornwell seems to have given it up) way. Mike Leigh is almost always positive and good humoured. Honestly, it’s usually a really good listen.

And I’ve got nowt to do with it other than being a regular listener!

True! :D

The Spurs Show isn’t just one bloke ranting his views, though; it’s usually a panel of three or four who debate all things Spurs in a really knowledgable (especially now Phil Cornwell seems to have given it up) way. Mike Leigh is almost always positive and good humoured. Honestly, it’s usually a really good listen.

And I’ve got nowt to do with it other than being a regular listener!

To be fair I never listen to the radio anymore because it bores me, I listen to my own music. But if I could get podcasts on my car about football and cryptocurrency I would do it.

Hahahah, I felt it wasn't worth it TBH and yes mate, you have confirmed for me!

Anyone who thought Poch doesn't care about the cups should've noted his reaction to Saturday and his silence since.

Not even. The fact that he selected the side he did, and that he rested players for the semi-final (which was the *right* decision), was enough to convince me that he cared.

He *cares* about winning the cup - or he did, anyway. I don't doubt that for a second.

But it didn't matter, and it didn't change anything.

I am very angry. IF anyone knows Poch, ask him why Harry Kane was on the pitch yesterday.
For the same reason Michael Jordan played game 6 of the 1998 NBA Finals with 38.5 fever (and scored the winning basket, by the way): you don't leave your talisman on the bench in big games like this unless he's on a stretcher. And even then you think twice about it.

For the same reason Michael Jordan played game 6 of the 1998 NBA Finals with 38.5 fever (and scored the winning basket, by the way): you don't leave your talisman on the bench in big games like this unless he's on a stretcher. And even then you think twice about it.

You had to go back 20 years for an example?

I've got one from 98 too, when Brazil played a clearly not right Ronaldo in the WC Final.

I did listen to the podcast this morning, easom was his normal macaronic self, credit to Mike Leigh though for publicly admitting he thinks easom is an idiot but only gets him on as a troll to get the podcast talked about.

News conference at 12:30 today should be interesting.

Praying for a “it was a figure of speech. No one knows what the future holds in this game but I expect to be here once the new stadium opens its doors and hope to be still here in a decade with a bunch of titles and Champions Leagues” type of answer.

I doubt he will acknowledge it. I suspect its yet another storm in a teacup. Got to love the interwebz...
I don’t think he will have a choice but to acknowledge it, I’d be shocked if he wasn’t grilled on it by the media. And to be fair most Spurs fans will want to know what he was incinuating, it seemed a little deliberate whatever it was meant to mean....

He always has a choice. He could entertain it and give it mileage, or he could just dismiss it as the (likely) trivial thing it is.
Yeah I guess he could always just literally just ignore it. Why do you think he repeatedly said it then? It seemed a deliberate ploy, just not sure what the message was or who it was aimed at....

Back