• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Shopping for bargains as it's put has put together a side everyone seems to think should be challenging for the title and should have turned over Man Utd and gone on to win the cup - seeing a lot of conflicting logic since yesterday
I’ve been consistent on this and youve hit the tickle my balls with a feather - Challenging. To win things there’s another step that we consistently don’t take....

Shopping for bargains as it's put has put together a side everyone seems to think should be challenging for the title and should have turned over Man Utd and gone on to win the cup - seeing a lot of conflicting logic since yesterday

But we’re now charging world leading prices
Which means we should be putting a world leading product on the pitch

It is as you say totally 'barking' (illogical).

I was OK with outcome yesterday. Gutted and and fuming as we lost a game, loved our first goal, a thing of beauty.
The rest is history.

I love Poch can’t believe any Spurs fan would want him gone. I know people will continue to question his “winning mentality” and say that his teams lack bottle. Personally I think that is nonsense. But his mistake is perhaps overestimating how much he can push some players.

In his second season he felt he could go through the season with no proper cover for Kane or Dembele. It cost us in the league which we surrendered to Leicester. Last season in the cup semi against Chelsea, we were down to the bare bones with very few options off the bench to change the game unlike Chelsea. Now this season he felt he could cover for the missing Alderweireld and Rose and for the loss of Walker. Sadly defensive lapses have cost us dear. Tbh this was predictable, you can cover one loss but 3 is just too many.

I trust him and Levy but have resigned myself to knowing we will not be able win trophies unless we spend serious money like Liverpool, for example, to bring in like for like replacements for players we lose or pay ridiculous money to prevent our top players moving on. It’s a depressing reality I am afraid.
I think you could be right.

His philosophy or system, call it what you want, becomes more engrained every season. It carries us through and sets us way above the also rans. But it will (at the very top) be limited by the ability of the players.

I think Poch does a grand job of eeking out as much as possible from the players he has but maybe his expectations are to high for them. There will be a ceiling with some players but Poch perhaps overestimate s his own ability to bridge deficiencies and gaps in the squad.

It looks quite possible that 3 of our original defence will be gone. Walker Toby Jan Rose is a powerful formidable unit, make no mistake. It contributes loads on both sides of the ball. Rose and Walker are a ball of energy on each flank. Tripps/Aurier are nowhere near Walker and Davies (although well improved) just wouldn't give me the feeling of being up against someone who's a pain in the arse like Rose. I think the efficiencies of the system make the loss ok, BUT no more than ok. It's regressive on the whole.

With the financial restrictions you rightly point out, we need to do our best to keep what we have (Inc Toby) buy quality youngsters and experienced winners with the right mindset. Players like sissoko Llorente add nothing, we're better off given squad places to academy players. (I personally think there are some good players there).

Consistently don't take the step up to winning? How long have we been 'challenging' for and not taking that step up - 2/3 seasons?
No I’m saying I’ve been consistent on stating we need an experienced winner in our team, not a knee jerk to yesterday. This summer Emirates Marketing Project will buy more top stars, so will Man U, Arsenal and Liverpool arguably will too. If we just carry on buying young talented players we aren’t going to get any closer to the Manchester clubs - we need one or two proven established stars to guide them and compliment them or we will forever be no more than challengers. These young players if they really are that good will leave if we don’t start winning trophies and then we have to start all over again....

Annoyed more than upset
Their not better than us
Richer yes but not better
We have a spineless streak in the club that the fans don’t have
Needs sorting ASAP if we’re gonna charge the premiums to support spurs
This is why I’m hoping the premium prices will lead to at least a slight change in investment policy....

I think you could be right.

His philosophy or system, call it what you want, becomes more engrained every season. It carries us through and sets us way above the also rans. But it will (at the very top) be limited by the ability of the players.

I think Poch does a grand job of eeking out as much as possible from the players he has but maybe his expectations are to high for them. There will be a ceiling with some players but Poch perhaps overestimate s his own ability to bridge deficiencies and gaps in the squad.

It looks quite possible that 3 of our original defence will be gone. Walker Toby Jan Rose is a powerful formidable unit, make no mistake. It contributes loads on both sides of the ball. Rose and Walker are a ball of energy on each flank. Tripps/Aurier are nowhere near Walker and Davies (although well improved) just wouldn't give me the feeling of being up against someone who's a pain in the arse like Rose. I think the efficiencies of the system make the loss ok, BUT no more than ok. It's regressive on the whole.

With the financial restrictions you rightly point out, we need to do our best to keep what we have (Inc Toby) buy quality youngsters and experienced winners with the right mindset. Players like sissoko Llorente add nothing, we're better off given squad places to academy players. (I personally think there are some good players there).

Agree with all of that

No I’m saying I’ve been consistent on stating we need an experienced winner in our team, not a knee jerk to yesterday. This summer Emirates Marketing Project will buy more top stars, so will Man U, Arsenal and Liverpool arguably will too. If we just carry on buying young talented players we aren’t going to get any closer to the Manchester clubs - we need one or two proven established stars to guide them and compliment them or we will forever be no more than challengers. These young players if they really are that good will leave if we don’t start winning trophies and then we have to start all over again....

"To win things there’s another step that we consistently don’t take."

We've stepped up level by level, bit by bit consistently over the last ten years and the same arguments you're making here are the arguments people have made against us each and every time - we've now reached a point where the only step left takes us to the very top - let's not pretend though it's something we have been banging on the door of for a long time - it's only the last couple of years.

Last edited:
This just scared the absolute hell out of me :

CLUB STATEMENT
Posted on 30 April 2014 - 09:14

Reports that we have made approaches to other clubs regarding coaching staff are wholly inaccurate. We have NOT contacted any club regarding coaching appointments.
We regret that a statement such as this is necessary, however we feel it is important to clarify matters.

Edit : Original tweet now deleted. Was commenting on statement tweet from club, and said "thanks for everything, Mauricio".

Maybe we are all feeling a bit jumpy today!
(Poch's comments obviously (presumably) the backdrop.

This just scared the absolute hell out of me :

CLUB STATEMENT
Posted on 30 April 2014 - 09:14

Reports that we have made approaches to other clubs regarding coaching staff are wholly inaccurate. We have NOT contacted any club regarding coaching appointments.
We regret that a statement such as this is necessary, however we feel it is important to clarify matters.

Edit : Original tweet now deleted. Was commenting on statement tweet from club, and said "thanks for everything, Mauricio".

Maybe we are all feeling a bit jumpy today!
(Poch's comments obviously (presumably) the backdrop.
They should
That game should hurt massively

But we’re now charging world leading prices
Which means we should be putting a world leading product on the pitch

we are arguably world leading.

anyways, a number of those teams that are "above us" are subsidised, whether by an oligarch, or the government (madrid). I don't think its fair to expect this from our owner if he doesnt want to.

Poch is the best thing that's happened to us in a long, long time. That hasn't changed because of one loss, gutting as it feels.
The last thing we need is another turn on the managerial merry-go round, starting over from scratch. With or without Poch it's inevitable that we will lose players along the way but he is without doubt the glue holding the basis of this team together. Lose Poch, and we really will have something to melt about.

100% right. It’s still raw but I’m getting a horrible sense that some fans are thinking “has he take us as far as he can”, the media narrative is turning slightly and his comments last night have me worried.

He’s taken us from Champions League hopefuls to regulars. I don’t think people are appreciating the scale of that achievement.

Lose him, and we’re back to Europa League regulars. It’ll be the worst thing to happen Spurs since we were relegated.

Back