• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

The only thing I picked up on is that we've lost last seven FA Cup semi finals - find that incredible, not moaning about it but a club of our stature should have a better record than that even when accepting there are bigger clubs around. Smaller clubs than us have made it to the Final during that period! But yeah, point taken with that example....
You did say it was a 'travesty' that we'd won nowt.

Just came across that you didn't appreciate the barriers and difficulties a club faces as it reaches the top.

Plus it felt as though you were putting Poch on the clock.

@Spur of the moment comment.....But despite the odds it feels as though a trophy is not too far away. Meantime, trophy or no trophy, I will continue to enjoy watching one of the most exciting clubs in Europe ..

is what im kind of thinking

Interesting Spur of the moment, thanks for that as I havent seen that. I always assumed there was a reason he is apprehensive about it, but I hope he doesnt turn out to be as stubborn as Wenger and acknowledges his theories arent always right. It was blatantly obvious we needed subs before they came vs Juve for several reasons. Did you see what Allegri said after the game? That he made his subs and pushed full backs further forward because there was a visible drop in the physical level of Spurs players. Poch Im sure saw this too, and the notion that he cant make subs earlier than around 70 minutes, because essentially would upset the players is ridiculous. If they cant comprehend and accept that fresh legs are needed for the better of the team, then frankly they shouldnt be at the club. I do worry if he insists on this theory, especially with the way we play....

As far as I could see lamela we warmed up and ready to come on, probably for son as there seems to be a pattern of replaing at 60mins.
Lamela would have shored up that side, gave juve fresh legs to worry about .
Maybe poch changed his mind after the second goal and then targeti g Dele.

You did say it was a 'travesty' that we'd won nowt.

Just came across that you didn't appreciate the barriers and difficulties a club faces as it reaches the top.

Plus it felt as though you were putting Poch on the clock.

@Spur of the moment comment.....But despite the odds it feels as though a trophy is not too far away. Meantime, trophy or no trophy, I will continue to enjoy watching one of the most exciting clubs in Europe ..

is what im kind of thinking
It is a travesty because we are such a good side that we should have won something under Pochs tenure - thats not a criticism, but I do think its a travesty of justice when Leicester won the league ahead of us! Im not putting Poch on the clock, far as Im aware Ive only ever criticised Poch for specifics - not on lack of trophies.

I wholeheartedly agree with a trophy not being too far away, we are inching closer and closer....

Interesting Spur of the moment, thanks for that as I havent seen that. I always assumed there was a reason he is apprehensive about it, but I hope he doesnt turn out to be as stubborn as Wenger and acknowledges his theories arent always right. It was blatantly obvious we needed subs before they came vs Juve for several reasons. Did you see what Allegri said after the game? That he made his subs and pushed full backs further forward because there was a visible drop in the physical level of Spurs players. Poch Im sure saw this too, and the notion that he cant make subs earlier than around 70 minutes, because essentially would upset the players is ridiculous. If they cant comprehend and accept that fresh legs are needed for the better of the team, then frankly they shouldnt be at the club. I do worry if he insists on this theory, especially with the way we play....
You are all too right because it was clear after about 10 minutes into the second half that Juve were beginning to get the upper hand meaning we urgently needed some fresh legs. I remember turning to my son who was with and telling him that I was filled with dread because Poch was unlikely to react. To me it was no great surprise when soon after Allegri brought on his subs Juve scored and then took the lead.

It was a devastating lesson, so it will be interesting to see to what extent Poch is prepared to adjust his philosophy and use it as a learning experience for the future.

I think it is improving, both Son and Moura are cut from that cloth, although I still think we could do it on a more tactical/embedded basis.

As Steff is always so keen to point out, Poch does constantly work on things - so while it is a criticism for me its not something Im getting super worked up on.

As to the rest, the guys have already tackled it - its how he works, so I wouldnt really expect much change...

I am well aware, and I do understand the point of view. Its just not how I personally would take it.

I can see the argument that its things like that which forge the bond he has with the players. There is no question of his faith in them. He expects them to come good and get it right.

And while certainly commendable, and results do support him, it is something I would like to see him a little more flexible on!

Take Allegri's changes on Wednesday, effectively winning him the game, I dont see Poch ever pulling a move like that.

Personal preference, of course, and Im not saying Id like to see it all the time. Just as an option in those games where it would obviously help.

I agree, you can see why he does it. Its just not quite to my ideology. As I said, certainly not something Im trying to blow out of proportion though.

Pochettino subs got us the points at pool and at palace

They did. Hopefully he can improve his skills to recognize when subs are needed. From what I've seen of him and read in the book he appears to be an hombre who learns from his mistakes.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...o-juventus-dark-arts-tottenham-lesson-referee

My issue (as I’ve stated earlier) is on key BIG games e.g cup games and league games where we could have hone top - not games against big sides where we have another 37 games to rectify things for example he hasn’t shown a willingness to change things quick enough

Cup last year we lost as Chelsea brought on subs that had an impact

Juve we lost because their subs changed the game

United away we lost as their sub scored the winner (tenuous that one)

West Ham in the league cup - no changes made until they were in the lead

West Ham away when we could have gone top we were behind for 83 minutes. He made subs after 60 mins

My issue (as I’ve stated earlier) is on key BIG games e.g cup games and league games where we could have hone top - not games against big sides where we have another 37 games to rectify things for example he hasn’t shown a willingness to change things quick enough

Cup last year we lost as Chelsea brought on subs that had an impact

Juve we lost because their subs changed the game

United away we lost as their sub scored the winner (tenuous that one)

West Ham in the league cup - no changes made until they were in the lead

West Ham away when we could have gone top we were behind for 83 minutes. He made subs after 60 mins

West ham at home in the league cup? Games to go top of the league half way through the seaaon? You're scraping the barrel if they're classed as big games and just underlines my point that you are just looking at games we lose and are forgetting the games we win - as well as barley being a handful of games to draw conclusions from...

West ham at home in the league cup? Games to go top of the league half way through the seaaon? You're scraping the barrel if they're classed as big games and just underlines my point that you are just looking at games we lose and are forgetting the games we win - as well as barley being a handful of games to draw conclusions from...

But games we win in aren’t the problem to make us better are they?

That was a selection of games but in the basis of widely recognised when the pressure kicks in we can crumble I thought they were a fair reflection

It’s possible to look at every game we have lost to see trends im sure

We’re flung amazingly well under Poch and he is the best manager we have had in my lifetime. To move to the next level we have to look at what didn’t work in games that mattered surely???

I'm bloody annoyed that our young lads were obviously not prepared for the Juventus shenanigans the other night.
He's now saying http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...nham-imitate-Juventus-treatment-referees.html

Bit late now Poch!

The clear inference is that the owners pressured the refs. My Juve mate said it would happen. I refused to believe it. He was right. Few other excuses for red not seeing what was done out there.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

The clear inference is that the owners pressured the refs. My Juve mate said it would happen. I refused to believe it. He was right. Few other excuses for red not seeing what was done out there.

Nah. If the ref was truly inclined to be bent, he would certainly have given the pen against Verts in the first half.

Nothing to do with the referees being bent that's crap!

Our lads needed an ex Argentinian international defender on the staff to give them a heads up on the dark arts they were going to face. Also how it to bring to the attention of the referee. They were like lambs to the slaughter!

Nothing to do with the referees being bent that's crap!

Our lads needed an ex Argentinian international defender on the staff to give them a heads up on the dark arts they were going to face. Also how it to bring to the attention of the referee. They were like lambs to the slaughter!

Again, I did not say he was bent. Read what Poch says. It is smart.

Back