• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...matured-since-last-years-title-disappointment

"In football it is never easy to have a good relationship with every person. Those who play are happy, those on the bench are 50 per cent happy, and 50 per cent disappointed, and the players who are not on the bench are 100 per cent disappointed. That is a relationship so difficult.

"I am always open to talk, my door is always open, but then it is up to the player to come or not. Sometimes there are different players, some more distant, some closer, but you need to respect. Sometimes it is so difficult to be close to the staff, sometimes it is easy.

"We will try, we have a very clear philosophy. Our motivation is always to know the person before the player; they are not machines, not robots, they are people who feel, have problems in life outside of the pitch."

Someone give this guy a medal. I firmly believe that if you can create a "safe" work environment for someone, they'll have far better chances of flourishing in their job than if you don't. Clearly the right man for the job! :D

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...matured-since-last-years-title-disappointment

"In football it is never easy to have a good relationship with every person. Those who play are happy, those on the bench are 50 per cent happy, and 50 per cent disappointed, and the players who are not on the bench are 100 per cent disappointed. That is a relationship so difficult.

"I am always open to talk, my door is always open, but then it is up to the player to come or not. Sometimes there are different players, some more distant, some closer, but you need to respect. Sometimes it is so difficult to be close to the staff, sometimes it is easy.

"We will try, we have a very clear philosophy. Our motivation is always to know the person before the player; they are not machines, not robots, they are people who feel, have problems in life outside of the pitch."

Someone give this guy a medal. I firmly believe that if you can create a "safe" work environment for someone, they'll have far better chances of flourishing in their job than if you don't. Clearly the right man for the job! :D

The right man for ANY job.

Mauricio Pochettino, he's magic you know!

Wins by Tottenham managers v Arsene Wenger's Arsenal in PL (42 games played)
3 Redknapp
2 POCHETTINO
1 Graham, Villas-Boas

Arsenal haven't haven’t won any of their last six league games against Tottenham - their longest winless run against them

Tottenham
9 successive PL wins
13 home PL wins in a row
17th PL clean sheet
1st PL win v Arsenal by more than 1 goal since May 1993

1994/95 - Arsenal will finish behind Tottenham in the Premier League for the first time in 22 years. Over.

I'll say it, before anyone else does here - he probably mucked up a bit today. Brought Dembele on too late, never really figured out the midfield prior to that (no one was picking up Lanzini, for example) and the lethargic performance is probably at least in part down to him.

But, having said that, it doesn't really matter. It doesn't even matter much if he loses every game between now and the end of the season, because he's overachieved relative to my expectations this year - and, I think, relative to a lot of expectations more broadly. On 77 points, guaranteed to finish above Arsenal not *only* because they're currently sh*t, but also because we surpassed our previous efforts - that's worth celebrating.

I've always maintained that constant upward progression is the aim - sod the league title, just finish with more points than the previous season, and beat old points records while aiming higher every year. I wanted to see us break the 72 point mark this season and set a new record - we've done that. And finishing above Arsenal + CL football again are both good bonuses to have, even though I'd be reasonably pleased even if we just finished on 74 points without either of them.

I set what I consider to be reasonably high league standards for Poch and the team every year, and I've stuck to my guns on that. If we finish below them, I do get upset, because merely being satisfied with equalling our previous tallies or approaching them is the path to becoming a low-grade late-2000's Arsenal. But if we meet or surpass them, I'm pleased regardless of extraneous variables (like CL football or finishing above Arsenal, both of which are partially dependent on vagaries beyond our control). I'd like to think that's an even-handed, relatively fair approach...regardless of how I'm occasionally mislabelled by some of you fine folks. ;)

We've done that. Poch has done that, and become the best manager in our Premier League history in the process. So, whatever else happens this season (and again, *sod* the f*cking title), he's earned all the plaudits he'll get, and all the time he wants to set us up the way he'd like us to be heading into next season.

I'd really like to see us win a trophy of some sort - and there I think he's occasionally screwed up. But, league wise, he's fantastic - and he'll learn from every mistake he makes. Eventually, he'll stop making most of them. And then we'll have to search for a new guy, because he's not going to stick around when that happens - and nor should he.

I agree with most of that @DubaiSpur we've smashed my pre season expectations

I think the last few games do matter though, if we strike out like we did last season that affects the narrative going into the transfer window, how that plays out (both incoming and outgoing) affects the start to the season, and on and on and on, we need to finish on a high, even more so with last seasons ending

I think the last few games do matter though, if we strike out like we did last season that affects the narrative going into the transfer window, how that plays out (both incoming and outgoing) affects the start to the season, and on and on and on, we need to finish on a high, even more so with last seasons ending
I agree. These lads need to learn how to shrug off the disappointment of defeat and go again. You could see tonight they lost some poise after the Spammers scored and then Poch started throwing on subs bit by bit. A strong finish to the season will help the start of next season. I hope.

Sure, I can see the logic in that - another late slump helps no one. But, ultimately, even that is negotiable - think about a season where we head into the final three games top of the league, with a nine-point gap and an insurmountable goal difference. We wouldn't particularly care if we slacked off then, would we?

Same thing on a smaller level here - our target is met and exceeded, all possible bonuses have basically been accrued (CL football, breaking the *rse hoodoo, etcetera), and we've *already* proven our mental resilience by coming back from a desperately disappointing defeat in the FA Cup semi to beat Arsenal with ease just a week later. I'd like us to stay strong and finish the season well. But in the event that we don't, it won't detract too much from Poch's success.

Sure, I can see the logic in that - another late slump helps no one. But, ultimately, even that is negotiable - think about a season where we head into the final three games top of the league, with a nine-point gap and an insurmountable goal difference. We wouldn't particularly care if we slacked off then, would we?

Same thing on a smaller level here - our target is met and exceeded, all possible bonuses have basically been accrued (CL football, breaking the *rse hoodoo, etcetera), and we've *already* proven our mental resilience by coming back from a desperately disappointing defeat in the FA Cup semi to beat Arsenal with ease just a week later. I'd like us to stay strong and finish the season well. But in the event that we don't, it won't detract too much from Poch's success.
We also came back from a devastating end to last season to be 2nd in the league with 3 games to play.

if we lose all three we all know exactly what city and the dippers will do

but, yeah, I do care, because a league is just a count up of individual games and I want us to win the ones we should win, I want us to be a machine, I want us to be boringly predictable

if we lose all three we all know exactly what city and the dippers will do

but, yeah, I do care, because a league is just a count up of individual games and I want us to win the ones we should win, I want us to be a machine, I want us to be boringly predictable

Fair enough, I don't want to come fourth either. :p Let's compromise - get three points at home to United and *then* go on holiday? Job done, 80 points, 2nd in the bag, and we can be generous to Hull.

You're compromising because you want a perfect end to the season and this wouldn't be it. I'm compromising because I would admittedly like us to utterly ravage Leicester in revenge for all their odious rubbish over the last two seasons. But we both get a *bit* of what we want. ;)

I love this club more than ever. Poch will go down as our best manage ever. He will stay u til we win lots and lots of trophies.

We are playing such great football and the squad spirit is high. Results like tonight are gutting, but this (and most of last) season have been bloody buggery brilliant. And it's down to Poch. And Levy for hiring him. Long may it last.

Did I mention how much I love this club?

Back