• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Love Poch, sais all the right things and seems to have a strong loyalty to the clubs he has connections with. I believe him when he sais that he'd never manage Barcelona or Arsenal. I couldn't see him leaving for any rival club.

The best thing about what he says is that I think he genuinely believes what he is saying, and isn't just paying lip service

Evidence of the belief, mental strength and engrained system is losing your two man mountain CM at half-time and still coming out and bossing the second half.

Years ago that would have killed us.

Yes, what he's doing is incredible.

I'm sure we'll have a wobble at Wembley next year. I just hope he's given the time and understanding to come through it.

Yes, what he's doing is incredible.

I'm sure we'll have a wobble at Wembley next year. I just hope he's given the time and understanding to come through it.

I'm fully bought in, so whatever happens next year is ok by me.

The alternative is to sack him, and start over a project all over again.

Looking at what he has brought to the table so far.........it would be total madness.

I don't think a wobble next season is inevitable. But if it happens we should have all the patience in the world with Pochettino.

I just think the Lane has become a fortress this season, and with the difference in pitch dimension, preparation, travel etc, I just can't see us matching this season's results.

I really hope I'm wrong.

I just think the Lane has become a fortress this season, and with the difference in pitch dimension, preparation, travel etc, I just can't see us matching this season's results.

I really hope I'm wrong.

It's probably reasonable that we might not match this season's results. Even if we were staying at WHL, matching this year would be quite an achievement as we have been exceptional. We may struggle a bit at Wembley, initially, until we get into our stride. Which means away results will become all the more important if we want to claim our place in the title race early in the season.
However, I don't think the Wembley season will be a disaster by any means and we will soon settle in when playing there regularly.

It's probably reasonable that we might not match this season's results. Even if we were staying at WHL, matching this year would be quite an achievement as we have been exceptional. We may struggle a bit at Wembley, initially, until we get into our stride. Which means away results will become all the more important if we want to claim our place in the title race early in the season.
However, I don't think the Wembley season will be a disaster by any means and we will soon settle in when playing there regularly.
Poch has provided several examples of how he can find solutions to problems. In his first season it was that we conceded too many goals -fixed. In his second season we struggled to geta a result when Dembele didn't play - fixed. We will see at the end of this one if he has resolved us collapsing at the end of the season.

I am confident that, having seen us struggle at Wembley he will find a solution to that problem too.

I like the idea of playing at wembley so that one year we can win the F.A. cup again.

Winning a league title is obviously harder, but the cup means more to me. I have a tradition where we have a party for the cup final, also last stage of the tour de france. Will be difficult having a party watching two teams I hate.

Can't we just Mark the wembley pitch to match the size for the new stadium?

It's an idea, but people get hooked up on pitch size, there are other variables

- Type of grass/feel of pitch below - how that affects ball/running/etc.
- Wind/light/slope other factors that affect play

And then there is just human nature, it's our home, our dressing room/tunnel/etc. that can just make a player feel more comfortable.

As @Robspur12 said, just have to trust Poch to get it right

Better to get used to a bigger pitch before moving to our new home so hopefully we can iron out any kinks in our game - if a patchy season at Wembley means a better start in the new ground then so be it

This. I also wonder if this issue of how we play on bigger pitches (he hasn't won at the Emirates i believe) will only be solved once we get one of these pacy inside-forwards we keep buying and maybe shipping to work in his system...
Next week's game at West Ham may be crucial for more than one reason.

It's an idea, but people get hooked up on pitch size, there are other variables

- Type of grass/feel of pitch below - how that affects ball/running/etc.
- Wind/light/slope other factors that affect play

And then there is just human nature, it's our home, our dressing room/tunnel/etc. that can just make a player feel more comfortable.

As @Robspur12 said, just have to trust Poch to get it right
As my mum used to say, the rooster crows loudest on it's own dunghill. :D

We need to stop talking about the pitch blah blah blah.
THIS TEAM IS REAL!
This MANAGER won't allow anything other than the ultimate...

I agree. The whole pitch size thing is just gonad*s.

Our bad results at Wembley this season seem to me to have come from completely different reasons - Monaco (partly unlucky, partly underestimating them perhaps, look at them now), Leverkusen (our worst spell of form during the season, partly underestimating them perhaps), Gent (Alli's red, partly unlucky to concede at the end, thought we played a good game), Chelski (unlucky, pure and simple, we played a good game). We were good against CSKA Moscow as well.

So, in my opinion - we've only played one really bad game at Wembley, against Leverkusen, and we weren't up to form when we played Monaco there. The other games we've played there this season we've been good, in my opinion.

Back