• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Sat down and had a think about it. I think the man has not reached his peak but he wont get there without experience. I say lets give him time. He too must be hurting from the exit and the recent performances. He too must be looking inwards and asking himself if his training is the problem. It is an important stage in his growth. I will give him my support. Here is to us pulling a major surprise at Chelsea.

What's your views on the quotes from Poch re it's better for the club to be in the Europa League than the CL and that we were "not ready" for the CL?

Well i believe that IF we were to take it serious we have more chance of winning the EL then the CL. Maybe he believes that as a team we are not good enough to win the CL, hard to tell what he means.

I think he's saying that the quality is higher in the CL so it puts more strain on the squad playing at a higher level every three/four days than if we were in the EL where the quality is lower and we can get away with squad management.

I think he means its better to be in the Europa League than not in Europe at all

Miscommunication basically
Then he needs to talk in complete sentences.

Poch said yesterday that he wants us to have more games at Wembley so that we get used to it for next season.
So that implies that he would need to take the EL seriously (assuming of course we do drop down) - otherwise we will have no opportunities to play there and get used to it.
Unless Poch is telling us porkies... :eek:

The thing about playing on a Sunday is that 90% of the time it puts you under pressure, you either know you have to win because Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, City or whoever have dropped points on the Saturday or you know you have to win because they gained points on Saturday.

Sounds stupid because obviously you go into every game trying to win, but I think it does have a part to play on the players psychologically.
Works the other way when you know they've lost and pressure is off.
It's a very biased way of looking at things.

Sent from my SM-T819Y using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Sat down and had a think about it. I think the man has not reached his peak but he wont get there without experience. I say lets give him time. He too must be hurting from the exit and the recent performances. He too must be looking inwards and asking himself if his training is the problem. It is an important stage in his growth. I will give him my support. Here is to us pulling a major surprise at Chelsea.
Have I missed something, at what point were we not going to give him time? Was there some sort of consensus that we should be thinking about getting rid?

Works the other way when you know they've lost and pressure is off.
It's a very biased way of looking at things.

Sent from my SM-T819Y using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Regardless of which day on the weekend we play, I think we can be pretty confident that the majority of Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Emirates Marketing Project and Man Utd will win, but at least one of them will drop points. If we win, we will gain ground on somebody, if we don't, we will lose it. Simple as that.

Only real pressure cooker stuff right at the end of the season when the number of teams in the title race is more closely defined and every point is starting to count. But even then, we had two emphatic wins against Man Utd and Stoke in that scenario last season after Leicester had won earlier in the weekend and we knew we'd be out of the title race if we didn't match their result. The following two games against West Brom and Chelsea were also on Monday nights and we were on top at half time in both, but the effects of Poch's intense regime caught up with everybody and we tired in the second halves of both games (and the two after that FWIW).

I worried at the end of last season that the mental collapse we witnessed in the last couple of games might be a sign of things to come. In the backs of all their minds now is the thought that, if we couldn't do it last season, we've got even less chance now the big guns are firing again. Injuries, etc. provide a ready-made excuse on top, and the Thursday-Sunday thing would probably supply another. Pochettino has signalled often enough for me already that he's got doubts over the mentality of the group.

Back