• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Just read his book and he mentions Baldini in it. He tried to sign him at Roma and Madrid, and every time they meet Baldini says he wants to sign him before Pirlo retires. Imagine...

Superb book.. i've mentioned this plenty of times on here regarding Baldini.. I'm surprised we havent really been linked since the book was released and the fact we have Baldini

Is he still playing a full season? He's almost as old as me so I'd be surprised if he is. That's not to say I wouldn't take him in a heartbeat, even if we did need to manage which matches he played in.

Imagine him and Sandro as a double pivot...... =P~

he's instrumental to Juventus. They love him, it still actually amazes me that AC Milan let him go.. for free.

Superb book.. i've mentioned this plenty of times on here regarding Baldini.. I'm surprised we havent really been linked since the book was released and the fact we have Baldini

The tail end of the 2012/13 season was when we were linked with him, but it was obviously never going to happen

Didn't really know where to put this:

Ronald Koeman agrees contract to become manager of Southampton

It is going to be a tough start for Pochettino in his first 8 matches as a Spurs manager.

August 16: West Ham (A)
August 23 : Queens Park Rangers (H)
August 30: Liverpool (H)
September 13: Sunderland (A)
September 20: West Bromwich Albion (H)
September 27: Arsenal (A)
October 4: Southampton (H)
October 18: Emirates Marketing Project (A)

It will be a good start if we can get atleast 5 wins from those.

Last edited:
It is going to be a tough start for Pochettino in his first 8 matches as a Spurs manager.

August 16: West Ham (A)
August 23 : Queens Park Rangers (H)
August 30: Liverpool (H)
September 13: Sunderland (A)
September 20: West Bromwich Albion (H)
September 27: Arsenal (A)
October 4: Southampton (H)
October 18: Emirates Marketing Project (A)

I'd hope to go into the Man C game unbeaten. Would settle for a point in both the Liverpool and Arsenal games, win the rest.

August 16: West Ham (A) draw
August 23 : Queens Park Rangers (H) win
August 30: Liverpool (H) draw
September 13: Sunderland (A) draw
September 20: West Bromwich Albion (H) win
September 27: Arsenal (A) lose
October 4: Southampton (H) win
October 18: Emirates Marketing Project (A) lose

11 points is my prediction from that lot

Definitely! We're bound to screw it up against West Ham somehow

Every crowd are intensified for the opening fixture, but West Ham fans publicly wanted Fat Sam to be given his P45 this summer, so I'm hoping they still hold some animosity against him. An early goal, the crowd turn on the manager, and we could do some damage that game.

So tonight formally marked the shift in world football from tiki-taka to Bielsa-ball.

A good time to have appointed one of the foremost Bielsa coaches

So tonight formally marked the shift in world football from tiki-taka to Bielsa-ball.

A good time to have appointed one of the foremost Bielsa coaches
But we don't have the committed, super fit, workaholic players to pull it off :)

But we don't have the committed, super fit, workaholic players to pull it off :)

Our players are generally quite fit (over last few years, number of 2nd half goals, as well as come backs under Harry, early AVB)

Committed is more about believing in the manager and the manager building a team around a good balance (i.e. why players like Sandro, Holtby could have a role to play)

agreed. certain players are not gonna like the double sessions and this hard working approach like ade, townsend and lennon(not lazy) whereas players like siggy ad holtby could flourish

I keep forgetting about Siggy. There are a lot of similarities between his game and Lallana's 2bh, and also the fact that I don't think pace is their strongest asset, but they are extremely good technicians.

There's something about Siggy that makes you think he could be quality player, but it never seems to come out consistently. He's certainly got a professional attitude and busts a gut.

He's at the same age of development (24/25) that Lallana was when Pochettino got hold of him. You never know, maybe he could be our Lallana?

I love Holtby too. Attitude wise, you can't complain. Great vision and passing too. Just think his close technique needs a touch of work and he needs to be more intelligent with his passion and closing down.

agreed. certain players are not gonna like the double sessions and this hard working approach like ade, townsend and lennon(not lazy) whereas players like siggy ad holtby could flourish

Watching Chile who play like Poch likes his teams to play shows just how much hard work goes into this way of playing. Players literally have to be completely unselfish not only in terms of how much effort they have to put in but also towards their teammates. Chile were quick, highly mobile, full of attention to capitilise on any Spain mistake. I got tired just by watching them buzzing around :)

I'd love us to play like this but it takes a certain type of player and mentality to pull it off. Holtby is definitely one that might do well from now on, but the rest? :)

Watching Chile who play like Poch likes his teams to play shows just how much hard work goes into this way of playing. Players literally have to be completely unselfish not only in terms of how much effort they have to put in but also towards their teammates. Chile were quick, highly mobile, full of attention to capitilise on any Spain mistake. I got tired just by watching them buzzing around :)

I'd love us to play like this but it takes a certain type of player and mentality to pull it off. Holtby is definitely one that might do well from now on, but the rest? :)

That was Chile up against a team that player for player was better than them in just about every position. Regardless of system it will take a monumental effort for a team to win in a situation like that. Chelsea winning the CL under DiMatteo was almost the opposite system, but it still required massive amounts of effort, discipline and team work.

Hopefully Poch will know what is required from his players to make his system work in the Premier League. And if some of our players aren't up for that hopefully they'll be shipped out asap.

I'm not sure all those Southampton players would have been presented as perfect players for his style when he took over there?

Just because certain players aren't known to be the type to fit into this way of playing doesn't mean to say they cant be coached into it. This is one of the elements that makes a good coach I guess - Im sure there will be a few players who will surprise...

Back