• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

We knew that a loss at Qarabag and a win against Monaco would send us through.
If we cant win at home against the 7th place team in Ligue 1 we have no chance in the competition anyway.

We couldn't beat Stoke earlier this season & yet many are expecting top 4. A one off result, doesn't necessarily dictate success or failure in the rest of a tournament.

La, la, la, la. I am right, I am right.

More like I'm the only one stupid enough to stick my head up and admit that Poch makes mistakes occasionally.
This season the League is wide open. We're 4 behind on 25 points after 14 games. Last year we would be 11 behind on 25 after 14 games, the year before we would be 9 behind.
There is a chance there to really do something this season. Not next season when the other teams have sorted themselves out.
This could be our only chance in the next 10 years. I wish there was more Audere est Facere when it comes to targetng a competition and believing we could achieve something.

We couldn't beat Stoke earlier this season & yet many are expecting top 4. A one off result, doesn't necessarily dictate success or failure in the rest of a tournament.

Precisely. @Modric THFC, I'm not sure your reasoning stands up to scrutiny. Monaco are a dangerous team and to go into that game absolutely needing a result would be placing unnecessary pressure on the team.

More like I'm the only one stupid enough to stick my head up and admit that Poch makes mistakes occasionally.
This season the League is wide open. We're 4 behind on 25 points after 14 games. Last year we would be 11 behind on 25 after 14 games, the year before we would be 9 behind.
There is a chance there to really do something this season. Not next season when the other teams have sorted themselves out.
This could be our only chance in the next 10 years. I wish there was more Audere est Facere when it comes to targetng a competition and believing we could achieve something.

Who's to say that other teams will have sorted themselves out next season? Yes, this season has meant that teams like Chelsea and Liverpool are performing below par, but we should only concentrate on ourselves. We're only 4 behind and have lost once! I would argue that we are doing something special. As for saying this could be our only chance in the next 10 years, who's to say that this season could not be repeated? Why can our players not improve?

As for showing Audere est Facere, I think that is exactly what we are doing. Hence why he did not risk putting an understrength team out agains Quarabag. He's going all out in all competitions that we are involved in. That is precisely what he should be doing imho. Anyone would think from reading your posts that we were in Chelsea's position and not the other way around. 4 points off, having lost only once, with the youngest side in the league and playing in a way where it is evident our players know what they they have been well drilled. We are outfighting teams and asserting ourselves in games despite our all action style.

Audere est Facere. Our team has dared, and it is doing. That much is very clear.

of course he makes mistakes, nobody is a saying he is perfect

we ARE achieving something

What? You mean like making sure we tie up advancing into the knock-out stages of the Europa League a game early? THAT sort of 'Audere best Facere'?

It's funny, you're going to try and hang the fudging guy on not beating Chelski at home because it fits your pre-arranged narrative. In my opinion anyway.

I cannot think of a poster who thinks that Poch is infallible.

We knew that a loss at Qarabag and a win against Monaco would send us through.
If we cant win at home against the 7th place team in Ligue 1 we have no chance in the competition anyway.

it only takes a bricky referee/lino performance, a defender to have a shocker or a freak incident to lose a a fooball game.

There have been many occasions teams have destroyed the opposition and still lost.

Your priorities are different to Pochettino's. That's a fair way to describe your disagreement with him. Calling it a mistake or fudge up is not. If you feel the response to your posts makes voicing disagreement like stupidly sticking your head up all you have to do is reconsider how you voice your disagreement.

We through in the EL with one game to spare. When the EL once again congests our fixture list (next week) in between games vs. WBA and Saudi Sportswashing Machine we have an opportunity to rest players and focus on the league if Pochettino wants to. This is a solid benefit. We've managed to secure qualification after 5 games while remaining 5th in the league after a fairly tough run of games. This is very much defensible. And you saying that we need to prioritize a league title challenge (that is what you're saying when you're comparing us to first isn't it?) only highlights how infrequent Pochettino's mistakes are.

Your priorities are different to Pochettino's. That's a fair way to describe your disagreement with him. Calling it a mistake or fudge up is not. If you feel the response to your posts makes voicing disagreement like stupidly sticking your head up all you have to do is reconsider how you voice your disagreement.

We through in the EL with one game to spare. When the EL once again congests our fixture list (next week) in between games vs. WBA and Saudi Sportswashing Machine we have an opportunity to rest players and focus on the league if Pochettino wants to. This is a solid benefit. We've managed to secure qualification after 5 games while remaining 5th in the league after a fairly tough run of games. This is very much defensible. And you saying that we need to prioritize a league title challenge (that is what you're saying when you're comparing us to first isn't it?) only highlights how infrequent Pochettino's mistakes are.

Couldn't agree more!

We were still the better team and should/could/almost won it. If we had lost v Qarabag and Chelski there is an argument. Poch got panned for not taking the CC seriously enough. Now he takes the EL seriously and gets told he should go for the league.

We are in a 3 way battle probably with Liverpool and Chelski for 4th.
We maintained a 10pt gap on chelsea and we not can rest players v Monaco to make sure we win the easier fixtures over xmas.

we shouldn't put too much focus on the actual results

it's possible that MP makes a selection which wins both games that was a mistake, equally we could have lost both with a selection that wasn't a mistake

none of us are in a position to accurately judge

as a high profile example, think back to the 99 CL final, Fergie completely ballsed up his starting line up that day, not a lot gets made of that though as they still managed to win

I've no doubt we are going to finish top 4 this season and push for the title.
But are people willing to admit Poch made a mistake this week?
A u21 team losing 5-0 to Qarabag would have left us needing just a point at home to Monaco to qualify.
Its not the end of the world but its annoying just like last season's Fiorentina West Ham Fiorentina Carling Cup Final rotation mess.

Not at all, he named the side I was hoping he would.

The reason we are in with a chance in the league is how all the other top 6 teams have completely fallen away. Poch is just 1 point better off than AVB after 14 games in his second season.

Back