• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

We are setting up a business model and I'd hope we have Poch and co to keep consistency (players will come and go but we need to keep the staff).

What's interesting is no one seems to have mentioned Levy for a while!

He only gets mentioned when he dithers in the transfer market ... its not silly season just yet

He only gets mentioned when he dithers in the transfer market ... its not silly season just yet

Hopefully our divering will be using the so-called blackbox and some posters here will not know what the f*ck is going on!

Pleased that Poch is getting some credit. Our managers get so much grief - we're bound to go through a rough patch at some point however hopefully the way we're playing and the way Poch is building a team will mean that the press give him some time

Pleased that Poch is getting some credit. Our managers get so much grief - we're bound to go through a rough patch at some point however hopefully the way we're playing and the way Poch is building a team will mean that the press give him some time

Its just fickle people who support the team when we win and then cry over football happening sometimes

Nope. People generally complain about just about everything and aim it at Levy whenever the club isn't doing as well as they expect on the pitch.

There not being any Levy-bashing going on is just anoter indicator that we're doing really well. And that some of the more negative posters are staying away from the forum as a result it would seem.

Nope. People generally complain about just about everything and aim it at Levy whenever the club isn't doing as well as they expect on the pitch.

There not being any Levy-bashing going on is just anoter indicator that we're doing really well. And that some of the more negative posters are staying away from the forum as a result it would seem.

I disagree, levy gets flack for transfer strategy and its not just fans that have that slant. More balanced posters praise and are critical when they do not agree with what they see. Then you have people who will not hear a bad view on levy.

The negative posters may stay away for now because it seems everything is looking bright.

I disagree, levy gets flack for transfer strategy and its not just fans that have that slant. More balanced posters praise and are critical when they do not agree with what they see. Then you have people who will not hear a bad view on levy.

The negative posters may stay away for now because it seems everything is looking bright.

Will have to agree to disagree then. I've been in more Levy discussions than most on here and my impression is that it's far from only transfer strategy. I can remember people arguing that Levy was wrong to focus on the training ground and should just spend that money on new signings, I've seen people complain endlessly about how slow the stadium project is, I've seen people indicate that the official financial records from the club might have been falsified to hide profits, I've seen people complain about him getting rid of Sherwood and about him apparently messing up booking flights for the team for one of our away European ties. Some of the "arguments" offered against Levy have made about as much sense as that new world order thread or whatever it was in random.

I think Poch has come across a decent system thanks to the injuries to Chadli and Son. I'm liking the current setup with us using a third more physical midfielder (Dembele/Alli at #10) as opposed to Eriksen. Eriksen himself has started to look quite promising when coming in from the right as he is still getting into the right places in the channels. With Son hopefully reaching fitness in the next couple of weeks, I think we will see Chadli and N'jie having a harder time getting games.

I am delighted with how he has set the team up generally this season. The moving on of a lot of dross whilst showing youngsters that he has faith in them is paying dividends. I have been 2-3 games this season after withering out of it over the last 18 months due to the turgid rubbish served up in 13/14 and the experimental nature of 14/15 and it has been a nice experience and enjoyable to watch again.

The axis of Dembele-Alli-Dier is now turning into a very important component of our team and it is a joy to watch as it has everything tbh. Mason and Bentaleb as well N'Jie/Chadli and Townsend have a lot of work to do (some more than others) to get back into the starting 11 but most of them will be required over the next 6 weeks. I hope those 4-5 plus Fazio, Vorm, Davies, Trippier, Onomah, Wimmer, Winks and Veljkovic are the bulk of the team sent to Qarabag in a few weeks time so the main 11 can rest fully for Chelsea.

I think Poch has come across a decent system thanks to the injuries to Chadli and Son. I'm liking the current setup with us using a third more physical midfielder (Dembele/Alli at #10) as opposed to Eriksen. Eriksen himself has started to look quite promising when coming in from the right as he is still getting into the right places in the channels. With Son hopefully reaching fitness in the next couple of weeks, I think we will see Chadli and N'jie having a harder time getting games.

It's a slightly different set-up, has worked well and perhaps one to use in difficult away games. If we had another Son-type (in terms of work rate, pace and dribbling) then I'd like to see those two play with Eriksen behind Kane. We need those 4 attacking players to be getting 10 goals per season and whilst Alli and Demebele are playing well at the moment, they're only just on course for that if they maintain their very good levels of form all season

Njie is a CF if you ask me

Mason and Bentaleb as well N'Jie/Chadli and Townsend have a lot of work to do (some more than others) to get back into the starting 11 but most of them will be required over the next 6 weeks. I hope those 4-5 plus Fazio, Vorm, Davies, Trippier, Onomah, Wimmer, Winks and Veljkovic are the bulk of the team sent to Qarabag in a few weeks time so the main 11 can rest fully for Chel53a.

Agree with that. Leave the 11 for Chelsea at home with their feet up

Agree with that. Leave the 11 for Chel53a at home with their feet up

Totally. Lloris, Walker, Verts, Alderweireld, Dembele, Eriksen, Kane, Alli and Dier all should be left at home and the squad that goes out there should be more than capable of getting a point really. A point will do and then we have the home match with Monaco where avoiding defeat will probably see us finish 2nd and winning will top the group.

Totally. Lloris, Walker, Verts, Alderweireld, Dembele, Eriksen, Kane, Alli and Dier all should be left at home and the squad that goes out there should be more than capable of getting a point really. A point will do and then we have the home match with Monaco where avoiding defeat will probably see us finish 2nd and winning will top the group.

I disagree. Monaco only managed a draw there so I don't think resting on our laurels is the right thing to do. By all means mix up the team, but I wouldn't rip it apart either.

I disagree. Monaco only managed a draw there so I don't think resting on our laurels is the right thing to do. By all means mix up the team, but I wouldn't rip it apart either.

I agree, we can easily lose out there - in fact i wouldn't bet anything substantial on our first team winning, lose and we're going in to the Monaco game needing to win to get through the group (potentially)

Normally I would fully agree with you but I think what we can send out there can be competitive whilst giving us the best chance against Chelsea. It is a very long trip, Chelsea have a long trip to Israel but that is on the Tuesday, we play on the Thursday and then kick off against Chelsea at 12:00 on the Sunday. For me it is just a bit of a gamble that is worth taking with the Monaco game in reserve. If we can beat West Ham and Chelsea then we really do set ourselves up because our December programme is favourable we could be very much in touch with the leading pack if we keep our players fresh and win the key games in that period.

Just to reiterate, Its not that I think Qarabag are mugs, I don't. They looked sufficiently good against us at Home but its the whole travel thing in between those two massive fixtures. makes I all the more annoying that we didn't get at least a point in Belgium

Normally I would fully agree with you but I think what we can send out there can be competitive whilst giving us the best chance against Chel53a. It is a very long trip, Chel53a have a long trip to Israel but that is on the Tuesday, we play on the Thursday and then kick off against Chel53a at 12:00 on the Sunday. For me it is just a bit of a gamble that is worth taking with the Monaco game in reserve. If we can beat West Ham and Chel53a then we really do set ourselves up because our December programme is favourable we could be very much in touch with the leading pack if we keep our players fresh and win the key games in that period.

Just to reiterate, Its not that I think Qarabag are mugs, I don't. They looked sufficiently good against us at Home but its the whole travel thing in between those two massive fixtures. makes I all the more annoying that we didn't get at least a point in Belgium

Fully agree with this. No disrespect to Qarabag, but if we cannot beat them with a weakened side so to speak then we can really forget about having aspirations of winning the competition. I'm a Spurs fan so I am more than used to seeing us contriving to lose games that seemed almost unthinkable before kickoff, but even IF that did happen, we can rectify it by beating Monaco at home. Again, it's not a given, but it's more than within our capabilitiess. With such a long trip before the Chelsea game and an early kick off to boot, I would be quite disappointed if Kane, Eriksen, Alli etc make the trip.

Back