• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

LOL just remembered Son... will of course give him a chance....but I am passionate about the fact that I think we need a bit of Nouse/Nastiness/Class in centre of Midfield......Dier has the potential but is not quite ready yet.

GB; Townsend has been woeful for years and needs to move on. It's a shame as I remember a sublime top corner finish in the EL away at Shamrock Rovers, he seemed so composed back then, just placed it into the top corner.

Jenas said last night on MotD2 that Sherwood had tried to buy Townsend, so I don't know why you poo poo it.

GB; Townsend has been woeful for years and needs to move on. It's a shame as I remember a sublime top corner finish in the EL away at Shamrock Rovers, he seemed so composed back then, just placed it into the top corner.

Jenas said last night on MotD2 that Sherwood had tried to buy Townsend, so I don't know why you poo poo it.

Because it fits his narrative that Dembele is awful and needs to be sold as soon as possible. A lot of stuff GB comes out with is only widely known to him. ;)

He played 35 games last season and there hasn't been any strong links about him moving anywhere (the one to Villa clearly being ridiculous as his negative feelings towards Sherwood were quite widely known)

Still less than Dembele and 9 less games than him in the league

The reason there are less links is because he is in effect getting worse and no one wants him publicly but I think a few would take him if he was available for reasonable money

LOL just remembered Son... will of course give him a chance....but I am passionate about the fact that I think we need a bit of Nouse/Nastiness/Class in centre of Midfield......Dier has the potential but is not quite ready yet.
That's why it's called work in progress. Everything you outlined, with perhaps the additional striker, is already part of the team, only one season away (if not less).

That's why it's called work in progress. Everything you outlined, with perhaps the additional striker, is already part of the team, only one season away (if not less).

Indeed, I would venture to say that if we keep the same coach....core of young players over the next two seasons...shift a few for some more players more befitting Mopo's tactics then in a couple of years time we could be in a very good place.

Of course it will be hard to keep Lloris and if Ali & Dier keep progressing at a rate of knots then others will come sniffing for them also...maybe along with the likes of Eriksen, Kane....

I think we have a wonderful work ethic....but alas hard work can only get you to a certain level in football....maybe 1-2 more bits of quality....a been there done it (domestically) seasoned international....someone to inspire our youth and set a positive example for them to follow.

The acid test was the Liverpool game, a bad record against them,all the hype over klopp and missing Dier. Yet we more than matched them. But it was the way we did it as well. Calm, resolute and with intelligence.
That wasn't a true test. They had no strikers and it was the first game under a new manager.

Agree. I think Dier has had as good a season at CM as Kramer or Schneiderlin would reasonably expect to (settling in to a new league/club) if we'd've shelled £30m on them, and next season he should be properly toe-to-toe with players of that calibre.

They are our closest/mini-league rivals and our best benchmark

We were without Dier, Bentaleb, Mason (our 3 first choice CMs) and Son

they were without benteke, sturridge, hendersen and ings.

lets take a wider sample, after 10 games in the EPL, crystal place are two points behind us, leicester is 2 points ahead, and west ham 3 ahead. not quite our peers would you say?

lets take a wider sample, after 10 games in the EPL, crystal place are two points behind us, leicester is 2 points ahead, and west ham 3 ahead. not quite our peers would you say?

You will be telling us next that we have gone backwards under Pooch, just like a few players you have mentioned.:rolleyes:

We were without Bentaleb, Mason, Dier and Son so about equal I would say.

They might be this season, but we won't know until the season is over. I think what GB is trying to say is that, based off historical evidence, it's a safe bet to say Liverpool will be close rivals to us for 4th, 5th, 6th this season.

There's no such thing as a true 'acid test' in the premier league. It's at a stage where most teams can beat/get a result against most teams. As an evaluation of how we are doing I'd look at performances for now (and league position sometime after Xmas). On the whole, performances under Poch this season have been good to excellent.

He's doing a good job, I struggle to understand how anyone can think otherwise.

Back