• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Still struggles a little bit with English don't he, not that I can talk I spent 5 years at school learning German and haven't got a clue

Still struggles a little bit with English don't he, not that I can talk I spent 5 years at school learning German and haven't got a clue

As I said in another thread what's changed is that he's often having a quick side glance just to check a word or self correcting himself which is a great sign, he has made a lot of progress in recent months.

Would be interesting to know what was point of the question, romance of the cup, David and Goliath type thing.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

As I said in another thread what's changed is that he's often having a quick side glance just to check a word or self correcting himself which is a great sign, he has made a lot of progress in recent months.

I think he's getting better too. i've been noticing it in his pre and post match interviews also. Definitely more clear and a lot easier to understand.

However, I'm not that fussed overall. What's far more important is whether the players understand him and he can get his ideas across effectively. I think, categorically, this is being proven to be the case by our results on the pitch and the improvement in a lot of our players over the season :)

Remember English is his 4th language as well, after Spanish, Italian and French.

It doesn't really matter, the more languages you know the easier it is to learn new ones. Personally I would always say that when you are learning a new language it becomes your 2nd language.... In fact if you are immersing yourself in a new language and learning it properly then it should become your 1st language for that time. I always knew the time when a language that was not my native tongue had become my first language, as my dreams started to be conducted in that language.

People still seeing something develop with this guy? Not only are we still awful most matches and rely on someone to score a worldy, barely create ANY chances (it's getting silly now), but again his decisions. What is wrong with him?

Making ade captain tonight is a ****ing joke, two fi hers up to jan who's really progressed since the stoke gsme. Two fingers to soldado. It was just disgusting all round. And shoots steffs theory that poch was just letting kaboul and ade bury themsleves. Nope. As soon as ade is back in the team he's made captain. Atrocious decision.

Although we haven't been creating chances, we started to control games with bentaleb and dembele. Mason co es back from injury and walks straight back in the team, gives the ball away every time which then Spreads throughout the whole team. We don't control the game at all.

More bad decisions, kane is on fire. So he plays Soldado against Sunderland up front and drops kane back (even though soldados link up play has been good but his confidence at goal is shot, and kane proceeds to have the worst game of the season for us. Then what does he do? Moves Kane to left ****ing wing giving Davies to cover the whole of the left flank as Kane inevitably drifts in....

I'm deserate for us to turn a cover, start developing, poch to learn. But the guy seems utterly clueless to me.

I must admit some of his decisions are baffling. Including Adebayor as captain and pulling Kane back behind Soldado. I think everyone can see Soldado would be very good linking play behind Kane.

I must admit some of his decisions are baffling. Including Adebayor as captain and pulling Kane back behind Soldado. I think everyone can see Soldado would be very good linking play behind Kane.

I think as we know what Kane can do with long shots Poch wants to put Soldado in the area where he has (or had I suppose...) the reputation for thriving in. If he's telling Bobby to drop deep I think it's kind of saying "look mate, you've lost your scoring touch and it's not coming back so just give up". There was one ball Townsend whipped in after he scored the penalty which is the kind of thing Soldado was bought for, it got cut out but there hadn't been any attempt at a ball like that all game. I know some think he's a lost cause and I can understand but it can take something like that to work out and he'll be reborn again.

People still seeing something develop with this guy? Not only are we still awful most matches and rely on someone to score a worldy, barely create ANY chances (it's getting silly now), but again his decisions. What is wrong with him?

Making ade captain tonight is a ****ing joke, two fi hers up to jan who's really progressed since the stoke gsme. Two fingers to soldado. It was just disgusting all round. And shoots steffs theory that poch was just letting kaboul and ade bury themsleves. Nope. As soon as ade is back in the team he's made captain. Atrocious decision.

Although we haven't been creating chances, we started to control games with bentaleb and dembele. Mason co es back from injury and walks straight back in the team, gives the ball away every time which then Spreads throughout the whole team. We don't control the game at all.

More bad decisions, kane is on fire. So he plays Soldado against Sunderland up front and drops kane back (even though soldados link up play has been good but his confidence at goal is shot, and kane proceeds to have the worst game of the season for us. Then what does he do? Moves Kane to left ****ing wing giving Davies to cover the whole of the left flank as Kane inevitably drifts in....

I'm deserate for us to turn a cover, start developing, poch to learn. But the guy seems utterly clueless to me.

Yeah, luckiest streak of results EVER.

he shifted things about a bit tonight, but lets face it, this is a secondary competition so it's the right time to do so, the PL games are more important than a chance to have a one off game in an NFL stadium imo

Quotes from Poch tonight.
http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/jan/21/tottenham-emmanuel-adebayor-sheffield-united

Pochettino, asked what qualities make Adebayor a good captain, said: “A lot of things but I think this is not the moment to explain why. I think when I take a decision I take a decision, but it was seven months ago when I took a decision on Younès Kaboul, Hugo Lloris and Emmanuel Adebayor as our three captains. That was seven months ago.”

Back