• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

When we had that large influx of players we were expected (unrealistically imv) to challenge for the league. I reckon that pressure contributed somewhat to our poor start and struggle therein to gain any form or momentum.

Title expections by who? We hadn't challenged for the title in many years. I'm not sure most people, especially in here, even expected Top 4, let alone title. We hadn't even been a consistently Top 4 team. Most of the players we signed were young and unproven in the PL and the jury was very much still out on them as they adjusted in. Even coming in to this season, many were not expecting title challenge, or Top 4, or even Top 6. This was (allegedly) to be a season of transition, where position doesn't matter, where he could take - and would need - time to build a team, get his own players in over the next 3 -4 windows, for his system, Levy would be patient and there had supposedly been an 'understanding and an agreement' between the two, and even mid table would be ok. And as far as what he took over from (which he chose to do), I'd say 6th is a pretty good situation overall, and not often do you get much better. As said, a year ago it was claimed this was a 'very good squad, who had under-achieved, and who would improve and do better with more experience, and under some 'real' coaching'. He is under some pressure, which comes with the territory here. Tottenham is a bigger club. Again, he knew this. But in short I would think you are over-stating some of the 'title' pressure on Poch, or at least need to be more specific about who you feel it comes from, and from where.

Last edited:
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/14/tottenham-hotspur-burnley-fa-cup-replay-match-report
Vorm would also turn on Kaboul after a mix-up in the second half although Pochettino played down the flare-ups. “I like it when they discuss on the pitch because they want to improve,” he said. “After, in the changing room, no problem.” Despite the wobbles, Tottenham played on the front foot and they equalised before half-time when Ben Davies crossed, Paulinho tussled with Scott Arfield and the ball ran for Capoue, who thrashed home a low drive.

good man poch. even better man vorm!

Give this man some love.

Good result, looked comfortable (other than score) for the vast majority of the game, nice passing, players seem to know where each other are.

Two areas still need work

- Final attacking move still needs work (Rose/Walker need to be coached separately just on delivering a cross, anyone who thinks Lennon can't cross, should watch today's game)
- Defending still needs to tighten up, Poch really needs to start getting some clean sheets.

For me these are the Pros:

- Mentality/Attitude/Desire - We do not give up, lots of late winners, do not lie down, get in other teams faces a bit kore
- Fitness - Clearly improved, we run for longer and keep our quality and shape late in games
- Youth development - Kane, Bentaleb, Mason, Rose
- Summer transfer business - Now looking good - Fazio, Stambouli, Davies and Dier all are part of the current and future squad.
- Media - He deals with it perfectly for me
- Squad issues - There may have been some truth to the ITK on the bust up or not, but whatever has happened he has dealt with it well and it has clearly not hampered us on the pitch.
- Rotation - We have rotated and we are still in 4 competitions
- No favourites - He rewards players on performances rather than reputation, this is huge for me

Work in progress:

- Style - Still not there yet, i imagine he has gone for fitness first and building style in to it progressively, i can see this.

Cons:

- Defense - Still concede in most games
- Set Pieces - Not improved corner delivery, we waste a lot of them
- Crossing from full backs - In his system it is essential that they are coached this regularly and really pushed to improve on it

All I can think of right now.

Hopefully Dier will move up the CB pecking order after today. He and Verts looked good together today. Actually looked like they'd played 100 games together

26 points from the last 13 games. Only Chelsea, City and Arsenal have scored as many as us over that period. Still in all three cups. The football is more attractive to watch than any point since Modric and Van Der Vaart left. We're still vulnerable defensively, but I'm enjoying this season so much more than the last one its ridiculous. Well done Poch.

Unlikely, but would love to see Levy back him with a mega signing in January to help us push on in the second half of the season.

- Mentality/Attitude/Desire - We do not give up, lots of late winners, do not lie down, get in other teams faces a bit kore
- Fitness - Clearly improved, we run for longer and keep our quality and shape late in games
- Summer transfer business - Now looking good - Fazio, Stambouli, Davies and Dier all are part of the current and future squad.
- Squad issues - There may have been some truth to the ITK on the bust up or not, but whatever has happened he has dealt with it well and it has clearly not hampered us on the pitch.
- No favourites - He rewards players on performances rather than reputation, this is huge for me

Work in progress:

- Style - Still not there yet, i imagine he has gone for fitness first and building style in to it progressively, i can see this.

Cons:

- Crossing from full backs - In his system it is essential that they are coached this regularly and really pushed to improve on it

Spot on

Work in progress:

Cons:

Spot on

I thought he got the subs massively wrong against palace

Today one of his subs made a Difference with an assist that was crucial

The other would have had an assist too if the officials had been remotely competent

Credit where it's due

Work in progress:

Cons:

Good post.

Personally a con for me is that we don't create many chances, how often do we make the keeper work in games? Not much. It's a huge worry. We rely on wonder strikes far too often.

- - - Updated - - -

Work in progress:

Cons:

Good post.

Personally a con for me is that we don't create many chances, how often do we make the keeper work in games? Not much. It's a huge worry. We rely on wonder strikes far too often.

Work in progress:

Cons:

Pro:

The form of Kane.

Con:

We can't win any game convincingly unless we are playing Chelsea. Even West Ham are taking care of the **** sides this season with relative ease.

Pro:

The form of Kane.

Con:

We can't win any game convincingly unless we are playing Chelsea. Even West Ham are taking care of the **** sides this season with relative ease.
West Ham have had the same coach for a few years. And they have spent a fair bit recently. Plus they are similarly placed as us having played alot less games this season.

Good post.

Personally a con for me is that we don't create many chances, how often do we make the keeper work in games? Not much. It's a huge worry. We rely on wonder strikes far too often.- - - Updated - - -QUOTE

Oh the irony from someone who was so supportive of AVB :D.

I see it differently (surprise surprise), the wonder strikes rarely come out of nothing as Bale's did, but there is usually good build up with the goal scorer usually finishing off.

it's not a wonder strike when a player can do it every week, Kane and Eriksen both have that ability and should continue to score plenty from outside the box

dembele can do it as well, it amazes me he does it so infrequently

I don't think we are clinical enough, that is one of the biggest reason's why we fail to put away the "lesser teams". Also we have this issue of teams coming to WHL and parking the bus. Wham don't get that so much atm, but when they do they revert back to route 1 with Carroll.

I don't think we are clinical enough, that is one of the biggest reason's why we fail to put away the "lesser teams". Also we have this issue of teams coming to WHL and parking the bus. Wham don't get that so much atm, but when they do they revert back to route 1 with Carroll.

What do you mean 'revert back'? That's plan A for them.

Back