• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

In the Europa match he was slow, really slow. I was watching him closely after he got roasted by their winger a few times and can only guess that he's not yet running at full tilt. His fitness has to be the issue or at least I hope that is what it is. He seems to have a decent football brain, especially in possession, but it won't do him any good in the premiership if players are ****ing by him at will.

If true it would certainly explain a lot. Suppose we'll just have to wait and see... :-k

Going all the way back to last night, I don't understand dropping Soldado for Lamela (effiectively). The width argument doesn't hold water for me as Lamela always cuts inside. I think he could have kept the same team and dropped Kane back to the attacking midfield three with Soldado up top. I think Lamela could be amazing and needs time to settle and just felt keeping a rhythm going would have been better for the team.

Agreed.

re width ...

passes in the attacking third, by Spurs in our previous two games.

rb4yA3r.jpg

hwuVVYi.jpg

chances created in open play by Spurs in our previous two games :

W20mJAN.jpg

BRmTgKF.jpg

apparently against Chelsea we were too narrow whilst against Everton our width was a major factor in why we played well - anyone care to match the images with the games?

Well I'd say MoPo was schooled by Neil Warnock today. Palace by far the better side

Terrible stuff

I pretty much never have a go at the manager, but what the hell was that today? I don't blame team preparation, and every time someone has said Poch has made bizarre subs I've never agreed with it. But that was absolutely ridiculous today.

I said already that we need, on our pitch or any other similar small one, some pace with a winger playing on their 'proper' flank to move the ball away from the congested areas that inevitably happen when teams with no ambition come to WHL to stop us. Last weekend we played superbly against Everton with Lennon starting. He gave us that missing dynamic.

I love Paulinho but how the hell was he required today? I also love Chadli, but putting him on the left is going to create the same problems that Lamela had on the right. Pointless sub. And then giving Lennon 7 minutes. Absolutely ridiculous. I have no idea what he was thinking.

The only explanation I can possibly think of is that Poch wanted to use this game to see whether it really was Lennon making the difference last week, or whether the team can prevail with the system he wants. Not that I would agree with that, but I can almost understand it. For any other reason, I just think he performed terribly today. He tried to overcomplicate what was required when it was plain as day to everybody what we actually needed.

I'm going to say something similar. This guy is ****ing atrocious. I'm going to say it, it's embarssing, but I want him sacked. This is some of the worst football I've ever seen, and that includes the awful 90s.

Like I mentioned before. His decisions are so ****ing weird, I don't agree with them, and they never ****ing work. They always fail.

The whole lennon situation is infuriating. has he provided what's been missing - directness, a different style off attack, pace, width. He doesn't start him, and shock horror we re sooooo narrow, so predicts Le, so easy to defend against. We can see, the crowd could see it, he brings on paulinho? **** me. Lennon in the 83rd minute? Awful awful.

I've expressed my opinions in bentaleb and mason, bentaleb was okay actually, but mason is awful. And as a partnership they are awful. Chelsea ripped them apart. And palace ripped them apart even more, like ****ing butter they went through us.

Taking Soldado off. What poch did midweek with Soldado was yet another decision that makes me know pochetino simply isnt close to being a top manager. And bfi going him off today? Let's smash his confidence a little more shall we? Kane, how many times did he touch the ball other than 30 yard "screamers"? The guy is great against awful opposition, but not in the premiership, he offers nothing. Soldado missed some chances, but he's always involved, works hard... Infuriating.

The whole situation is more annoying because 3rd is there for the taking. If we were remotely good we could have it sewn up. We've gone backwards dramatically.

And people say he's inherited a **** squad. Has he? Really? It's the same as last years but our super 7 have had an extra year to gel and we're a thousand times worse. AVB came in, sold our best player and still got our highest prem points total. We then sold our best player again and he was doing better than poch now... I have no doubts in my mind we'd be 3rd if AVB was still here.

I want to give poch time because we've been laughable in this regard, but I've never been so certain if a manager being awful as I have with poch.

Lennon is no use at all against deep-sitting defences (cf the Everton match)

I wonder if Poch would have used Townsend to stretch the game if he'd been available

So what would you of done then considering the understudies have been at best uninspiring?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Really? everyone in England knew how to play this game

- Start Lennon, potentially you could have brought Chadli on later instead of one of Mason/Bentaleb, move Eriksen into a the middle a little more
- Kane was shattered, if you were going to take one of the two off, it was him (who hadn't really done anything) vs. Bobby who was fresh and while still failing to score, was at least getting there

That's it, if anybody has a ****ing clue why Paulinho was even in the squad other than injury cover?

I really am concerned that this guy will be involved in buying/selling decisions (can see the **** selling Lennon)

Lennon is no use at all against deep-sitting defences (cf the Everton match)

I wonder if Poch would have used Townsend to stretch the game if he'd been available

come on GB, he ****ed up

Lennon = width, which gives Eriksen more space which with Kane/Soldado making runs allows us to counter deep sitting defenses.

Lennon was on for 7 mintues and dragged Palace defense out of position.

Really? everyone in England knew how to play this game

- Start Lennon, potentially you could have brought Chadli on later instead of one of Mason/Bentaleb, move Eriksen into a the middle a little more
- Kane was shattered, if you were going to take one of the two off, it was him (who hadn't really done anything) vs. Bobby who was fresh and while still failing to score, was at least getting there

That's it, if anybody has a ****ing clue why Paulinho was even in the squad other than injury cover?

I really am concerned that this guy will be involved in buying/selling decisions (can see the **** selling Lennon)

Lol everyone in England knew...of course they did, it's a simple game when you're a fan isn't it. Funny how everyone was happy enough in the OMT when the team was released, so clearly you are wiser than some.

How much do you know about Lennons fitness by the way, better than Poch. We've played 3 games in 6 days and he hasn't long recovered from injury.

Shouldnt really doubt you though, you and the rest of England know...

Mourinho was schooled by Pardew. Wenger by Hughes. Rodgers by Poyet.

3 games in 6 days = upsets or 0-0s (or both).

Oh come on, we were outplayed by a Warnock team on our home patch. Wrong team, wrong subs, wrong tactics, its got fcuk all to do with 3 games in 6 days.

Lol everyone in England knew...of course they did, it's a simple game when you're a fan isn't it. Funny how everyone was happy enough in the OMT when the team was released, so clearly you are wiser than some.

How much do you know about Lennons fitness by the way, better than Poch. We've played 3 games in 6 days and he hasn't long recovered from injury.

I didn't like the line up .. ****ing obvious Lamela is not ready for PL (may never be)

And seriously .. you try to explain Paulinho .. I eagerly await anyone's justification for that one.

Here's the real fact = we failed to score against the 3rd worst defense in the PL at home .. ****ing awesome

Oh come on, we were outplayed by a Warnock team on our home patch. Wrong team, wrong subs, wrong tactics, its got fcuk all to do with 3 games in 6 days.

^^^ This, its looking more and more that Everton was a luck out selection and Poch isn't even smart enough to see it.

Easy to be critical in hindsight. When you saw how leggy we looked, it would have been better to play half our second team. Someone posted a team in the match tread - a pi$$ take team that would have had fans brewing with Poch - but it would have probably been a master stroke...in hindsight. 3 games in 6 days and bitterly cold day with a young team in front of a baying crowd.

I will criticise Poch for not foreseeing that better and getting the player more psyched while cold and tired out. He also must get the team to focus on their game plan and not worry about the crowd. Had we shown patience and stuck to the right plan second half we might have been able to get home.

But it is all in hindsight. Easy to say now. I didn't see anyone saying any of this pregame. In fact had Poch rotated the team we'd have been on his back for not playing the same team. Frustrating yes. But he needs time.

I think it was pretty obvious what was needed, maybe some complacency at the beginning that any team could've won, but only a ****ing idiot couldn't see we needed lennon on very early on.

If Lennon can't play 60 minutes, a half even, **** it, 30 mins he shouldn't have been on the bench.

Easy to be critical in hindsight. When you saw how leggy we looked, it would have been better to play half our second team. Someone posted a team in the match tread - a pi$$ take team that would have had fans brewing with Poch - but it would have probably been a master stroke...in hindsight. 3 games in 6 days and bitterly cold day with a young team in front of a baying crowd.

I will criticise Poch for not foreseeing that better and getting the player more psyched while cold and tired out. He also must get the team to focus on their game plan and not worry about the crowd. Had we shown patience and stuck to the right plan second half we might have been able to get home.

But it is all in hindsight. Easy to say now. I didn't see anyone saying any of this pregame. In fact had Poch rotated the team we'd have been on his back for not playing the same team. Frustrating yes. But he needs time.

Hindsight? I said all this after ecerton when everyone thought we were ****ing amazing! It was so clear we weren't. I've never been this frustrated supporting slurs. Ever. And boy have I been frustrated in the past.

Back