• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Hard to argue with this. I think up until this point, there hasn’t been any press pressure, and therefore likely no briefings against Poch. That seems to be changing.

Sad to say, but unless Gold or KP come out with denials, I’m almost feeling like it’s the end of days. And the Spurs journos have always seemed to be Poch/Perez mouthpieces, while Levy has used the nationals.

While I agree it certainly feels that way, that different papers are running the story is not the reason why.

As soon as any one paper runs a story the others all circulate it regardless, all about the clicks, so thats not the telling thing for me.

Its more the nature of it. The tone.

Its been end of days for a while, IMO, this is the next step toward the inevitable parting.

I think the 30 million is what it would cost for another club to buy out his contract and that's why Bayern won't go near him until he's sacked.

We know West Ham will perform at 120% of their potential, so not the best match to judge our team on. A failure to secure advancement in the CL against Olympiakos will definitely push him closer to the door. I don't see a repeat of the Barca game last season against Bayern.
Why can't we also play to 120%? We used to do that very thing and that's what made us so good. Once we lost that edge and aggressive you start to see the holes in our quality.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Why can't we also play to 120%? We used to do that very thing and that's what made us so good. Once we lost that edge and aggressive you start to see the holes in our quality.

Because everyone has their 'cup final'. Ours has always been Arsenal, and to a lesser extent Chelsea. For West Ham that is us - People will always argue why cant you put that much effort in every game, it just doesnt work like that -its just human nature that certain things you raise your levels for, this cant be maintained all the time. Even when we was on top of our game, West Ham always raised theirs and is always a tough fixture.

Would be nice if after all this Poch speculation, what has gone under the radar a little is Pellegrini is under a lot of pressure and its Poch and Spurs who come out on top and stick the knife into him and West Ham.....

While I agree it certainly feels that way, that different papers are running the story is not the reason why.

As soon as any one paper runs a story the others all circulate it regardless, all about the clicks, so thats not the telling thing for me.

Its more the nature of it. The tone.

Its been end of days for a while, IMO, this is the next step toward the inevitable parting.

I think stories from relatively decent journos come from some level of briefing from somewhere. Doesn’t mean it’s all strictly true, but I think there will be an element of someone trying to advance their cause.

Look how quickly the stories of Poch to Real started and then stopped as soon as he turned it down. The stories started as Real put their machine into gear and stopped once they saw it would do no good.

why these stories now? We haven’t lost another game. It’s either clicks for the international break or some sort of decision has been made. Preparing the supporters for what’s to come, making us think it was always going to happen.

I hope I’m wrong, but it may well be the club has decided if they are going to invest heavily to rebuild this squad, can they trust the man who has a question mark over whether he can turn it round. I wish it wasn’t that way but I’m coming round to the idea that this is what has been discussed inside.

Because everyone has their 'cup final'. Ours has always been Arsenal, and to a lesser extent Chelsea. For West Ham that is us - People will always argue why cant you put that much effort in every game, it just doesnt work like that -its just human nature that certain things you raise your levels for, this cant be maintained all the time. Even when we was on top of our game, West Ham always raised theirs and is always a tough fixture.

Would be nice if after all this Poch speculation, what has gone under the radar a little is Pellegrini is under a lot of pressure and its Poch and Spurs who come out on top and stick the knife into him and West Ham.....

We didn't play to 120% against Arsenal, 80% at best. So even in our cup final we put up a poor spring against and pretty dismal arsenal side.

We've also Poch teams bat West ham away like a fly when we're up for it. The 4-1 springs to mind but yes we are no w ere near that kind of form for various reasons.

Who the F’s that?

Edit: the forms been appalling for almost a year and these are the first murmurings from, seemingly, Spurs sources, I’d say the clubs been pretty dignified?

someone that writes about football, who would know other people that write about football.

I think up to this point, the club has been. I think the point being made is that the decision is made, this is very much Levy MO. The manager continues on, pressure is increased, so the point where when the axe falls it’s been seen as inevitable. This is the club that sacked Jol during a game. I don’t think we always handle our sackings well and for a Manager that has done so much for us, he could probably be spared this treatment, is the idea.

but levy will do what he thinks is best for the club, and he’s the man with the power.

Are you serious? The manager who has won everything there is to win and done so multiple times isnt any better than the coach who has won nothing? I love Poch, but come on:D....

I would take ancelotti, but he has what 20 odd years on poch so comparing CVs isn't really a good idea.

I think stories from relatively decent journos come from some level of briefing from somewhere. Doesn’t mean it’s all strictly true, but I think there will be an element of someone trying to advance their cause.

Look how quickly the stories of Poch to Real started and then stopped as soon as he turned it down. The stories started as Real put their machine into gear and stopped once they saw it would do no good.

why these stories now? We haven’t lost another game. It’s either clicks for the international break or some sort of decision has been made. Preparing the supporters for what’s to come, making us think it was always going to happen.

I hope I’m wrong, but it may well be the club has decided if they are going to invest heavily to rebuild this squad, can they trust the man who has a question mark over whether he can turn it round. I wish it wasn’t that way but I’m coming round to the idea that this is what has been discussed inside.

Not really the point I was making. I broadly agree with you.

My point was - a story (any story) being widely circulated isnt proof of anything. Because literally every story gets widely circulated as soon as it pops up. Most even quote the original source - "According to the Evening Standard...".

What gives the story gravitas for me is the tone of it, and the timing. It doesnt feel like clickbait, it feels like the groundwork for change.

From someone who would know how these things work:

What makes you think this guy knows his ass from his elbow - look at his first response:

What do you think the source of these rumours is? Or Who?
"No idea. A question for the reporters, really."

So he doesnt actually know whats going on, but is position to judge it as not dignified?

We all write about football all day - I dont think this guy is any more qualified than you or I.

Why would he? Levy has to part with over £20 million if he sacks Poch.

Its been reported as £12.5m for the last week or so. A much more realistic figure Id imagine.

Other reports that he and we have discussed exit strategy.

Personally Id expect a "by mutual consent" thing. I dont think Poch is the type to try and screw us, and I dont think we would try and mess him either - most likely if they come to the conclusion it just isnt working theyll find an agreeable/amicable way to part.

My point was - a story (any story) being widely circulated isnt proof of anything. Because literally every story gets widely circulated as soon as it pops up. Most even quote the original source - "According to the Evening Standard...".

What gives the story gravitas for me is the tone of it, and the timing. It doesnt feel like clickbait, it feels like the groundwork for change.

What makes you think this guy knows his ass from his elbow - look at his first response:

So he doesnt actually know whats going on, but is position to judge it as not dignified?

We all write about football all day - I dont think this guy is any more qualified than you or I.

Exactly. He's referenced something that might not actually be a thing. What exactly have Spurs done that's undignified?

Exactly. He's referenced something that might not actually be a thing. What exactly have Spurs done that's undignified?

my point is that Seb is a football writer, a member of the FWA, and not someone that posts in forums all day. He will also know other football writers, and know how this game works.

I hope I’m wrong, but I can’t be arsed to argue with people as to whether or not the press are just printing lies or not. Sometimes even if we don’t see it, things happen. I think some briefing have happened from somewhere. If we get a strong denial from the Spurs side, I’d be delighted.

he’s a football writer that knows other football writers and is a member of the FWA. Unlike a forum poster, he’s willing to admit what he doesn’t know, but he would know how these things work. he may be wrong. I hope he is!

but if you agree with me, and you accept that the groundwork is being laid for a change, do you or do you not think that has come from
a briefing?

my point is that Seb is a football writer, a member of the FWA, and not someone that posts in forums all day. He will also know other football writers, and know how this game works.

I hope I’m wrong, but I can’t be arsed to argue with people as to whether or not the press are just printing lies or not. Sometimes even if we don’t see it, things happen. I think some briefing have happened from somewhere. If we get a strong denial from the Spurs side, I’d be delighted.

I’d be stunned if the club even acknowledge it

he’s a football writer that knows other football writers and is a member of the FWA. Unlike a forum poster, he’s willing to admit what he doesn’t know, but he would know how these things work. he may be wrong. I hope he is!

but if you agree with me, and you accept that the groundwork is being laid for a change, do you or do you not think that has come from
a briefing?
I think it’s come from speculation based on the clubs activities and actions in the past
Best source for any real knowledge of the press are podcasts as there with their peers so tend to not “exaggerate” and you can tell by the tome how genuine it is

Back