• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Matt Doherty

Conte has found ways to substantially improve a number of underachieving players. Emerson is showing more consistency and discipline and Sessegnon has shown flashes of the potential he displayed at Fulham. Reguilon has earned his regular spot at lwb.

If there's even a small consolation at losing Doherty, it's that Conte has time to work on alternatives and adjustments before the next game and certainly well ahead of the crunchiest of crunch clashes, the NLD. Wouldn't be shocked if Moura was regularly taking a bit of training time at rwb.

Conte has found ways to substantially improve a number of underachieving players. Emerson is showing more consistency and discipline and Sessegnon has shown flashes of the potential he displayed at Fulham. Reguilon has earned his regular spot at lwb.

If there's even a small consolation at losing Doherty, it's that Conte has time to work on alternatives and adjustments before the next game and certainly well ahead of the crunchiest of crunch clashes, the NLD. Wouldn't be shocked if Moura was regularly taking a bit of training time at rwb.

I wouldn't trust Moura there and neither will Conte IMO. Sess will be there if not Royal.
I think Royal has improved his actual positioning with regards to the task the past two games, and the truth is, with Romero and Kulusevski, anyone playing RWB right now is significantly supported/optioned. I think Royal will be absolutely fine, albeit I do not see him creating quite as much as Matthew was.

I wouldn't trust Moura there and neither will Conte IMO. Sess will be there if not Royal.
I think Royal has improved his actual positioning with regards to the task the past two games, and the truth is, with Romero and Kulusevski, anyone playing RWB right now is significantly supported/optioned. I think Royal will be absolutely fine, albeit I do not see him creating quite as much as Matthew was.

Is the prioty area for the summer to upgrade.

If we are to stick with a back 3 and wing-backs then Doherty has to be kept; he's probably the most experienced in the squad at playing it.
A bit downside is the fact he simply cannot lay in a back four (or at least the quality of his play falls so low...)

Stays for me, but harsh on Emerson who has done what we initially bought him for. If a Hakimi level RB/RWB was bought however...

If we are to stick with a back 3 and wing-backs then Doherty has to be kept; he's probably the most experienced in the squad at playing it.
A bit downside is the fact he simply cannot lay in a back four (or at least the quality of his play falls so low...)

Stays for me, but harsh on Emerson who has done what we initially bought him for. If a Hakimi level RB/RWB was bought however...

Yep, unfortunately for Emerson we won't play the way he is best suited for under Conte.

I'd expect the plan is a new RWB with Doherty being the backup and we cash in on Emerson if we can.

Emerson can easily be moved to RCB. He is surprisingly good with defensive headers too.

Emerson can easily be moved to RCB. He is surprisingly good with defensive headers too.

I know he’d only be back up in that role but the thought of emerson playing passes into midfield from the rcb position scares me.

If atletico offer us 25m I’m taking it!

I know he’d only be back up in that role but the thought of emerson playing passes into midfield from the rcb position scares me.

If atletico offer us 25m I’m taking it!
Cant scare you anymore than Sanchez? But i suppose the argument is sell him as well?

If Royal can adapt to RCB (and i see no reason why), then an argument could be made that he can potentially play (or cover) RCB, RB and RWB....so becomes useful and valuable (eg like a right sided Ben Davies)

Cant scare you anymore than Sanchez? But i suppose the argument is sell him as well?

If Royal can adapt to RCB (and i see no reason why), then an argument could be made that he can potentially play (or cover) RCB, RB and RWB....so becomes useful and valuable (eg like a right sided Ben Davies)

Possibly and he is a unit which is another plus.

Back