• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Matt Doherty

I do not think there is any rush to get him back in the team, Serge is playing well so give him the chance to recover fully.

Very disappointed in him so far this season.

Hope he is disappointed in himself so far.

Wonder how long before questions of suitability of our system arise. All could see his function with Wolves but today was so poor.

On both sides, winger and FB would aimlessly run forward and lose the ball and we’d be wide open and have to overcompensate

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Poor this evening, but then again so was everyone else. So unfair to single him out based on today

More generally, he hasnt been great but its his first season in a new club and in a different system, so he needs to be given time

Lots of Wolves fans were saying when Doherty moved that he only looks good as a RWB alongside 3 CBs and it’s beginning to look like they weren’t merely bitter about him leaving... hopefully just needs time to adjust tho...

Lots of Wolves fans were saying when Doherty moved that he only looks good as a RWB alongside 3 CBs and it’s beginning to look like they weren’t merely bitter about him leaving... hopefully just needs time to adjust tho...
I’ll also add that wolves fans though Jota leaving was a great deal as he wasn’t all that... how foolish were they

Weren’t Southampton fans saying something similar about hojberg?!

Yesterday aside I don’t think he’s been horrendous, just not outstanding in an attacking sense. Plenty of time for him to come good and he’s not been worse than ‘bad’ Aurier so is stilll a decent back up for ‘good’ Aurier

Maybe once Doherty adjusts he will improve. No one really wanted us to keep Aurier in the summer but he has improved a lot recently and deserves his place.

I hope he does. But I've seen nothing since he arrived that is even close to convincing me.
He is a body in defence.

Yesterday aside I don’t think he’s been horrendous, just not outstanding in an attacking sense. Plenty of time for him to come good and he’s not been worse than ‘bad’ Aurier so is stilll a decent back up for ‘good’ Aurier
But it was the attacking side of his game that we hoped to benefit from?

Perhaps he's just not as advanced up the field as much he was at Wolves, I haven't really noticed? And that in itself is part of the problem 'i haven't really noticed him'

Would agree with this. Been solid and unspectacular so far but is a good option for us. Was absolutely abysmal last night though. Most of them were but Doherty, Sanchez and GLC especially so.

But it was the attacking side of his game that we hoped to benefit from?

Perhaps he's just not as advanced up the field as much he was at Wolves, I haven't really noticed? And that in itself is part of the problem 'i haven't really noticed him'
Yes he had good goals and assist stats but at the time not making errors was the minimum requirement for Aurier. I guess the set up at Wolves gave him more of an extra man role. The other thing is last season Aurier always seemed to be an option as he was so high up and davies tucked in, with Reggie being more of the outlet Doherty doesn’t seem to be as advanced / available for this passes. Perhaps we signed Doherty to play that role and the Reguillon was signed due to an opportunity rather than an initial target?

My thoughts as well, new to the club and playing a system he is not used to is hard for most players. The time to make rash judgements ( which have been made by s ome fans) is at the end of the season not after a handful of games.

Last edited:
So why have we bought him and got rid of KWP? (I was never a KWP fan for the record but he makes Doherty look like a championship level clogger)

Who the feck makes these decisions???????

So why have we bought him and got rid of KWP?

Who the feck makes these decisions???????

You'd have to assume KWP leaving was partly to get Hojberg on the cheap.

He was very poor yesterday. The chance they had that Neville blamed Bale for, it looked like Doherty just gave up.

Maybe a side-effect of covid is that it makes full-backs worse at tracking back.

Back