• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mateo Musacchio

All because of FIFA allowing of third party ownership. There really should be a rule that you have to outright buy a player, non of this 2 clubs and an agent malarkey!

Worryingly quiet

Their chairman said the other day that it's now "an internal matter". I.e. things were sorted with us, but Villareal needed to get a few things in order (sign Corluka to replace him and maybe try to buy-out the other two owners).

This whole story also only broke 6 days ago. That's a pretty short time considering how long most transfers take

Villarreal basically want to buy 1/3 of a player and get 100% back when they sell, unfortunately it doesn't work that way my little yellow submarines.

Evening Standard reckon they've raised the asking price to £39.6m....

I would imagine that is 39.6 million euros..... The previous stories seem to suggest that Villareal own only 60% of the economic rights of the player, with 35% owned by Racing Club in Argentina and 25% by his agent(s). 60% of 39.6 million euros, is roughly the size of our original bid (23.76 million euros).

Villareal are therefore simply saying that they want all of the money that we have bid for him (which they know is never going to happen). Racing Club and the agents will therefore realise that without reducing their claim on the player they are likely to be getting nothing at all in the near future as Villareal do not want to sell unless they get enough to replace the player.

The problem now for all parties (other than THFC) is that Musacchio's head will have been turned. He will know that his earnings will probably be at least 2 to 3 times higher at Spurs. He is therefore likely to be pushing heavily for this move.

We are therefore currently in a game of poker.... Villareal are trying to get:

a) THFC to up the bid (unlikely..... £17 million or so would seem to be a decent fee for the player).
b) Racing Club and/or the agents to drop their percentage of the players economic rights (a little more likely as both stand the chance of receiving a lower amount, or even nothing, if the player is forced to stay at Villareal).
c) Finding another club to bid significantly more for the player (again unlikely.... The £17 million fee would seem to be pretty fair).

However Villareal have all of this to do with the ticking time bomb of a player who see's' an opportunity to vastly increase his salary and profile, a player that may well start to make a fuss if he see's THFC pursue another player and the chance of a move slipping away. Racing Club and the player's agents will also realise this situation exists - so we're at a little period of impasse. I expect minds to sharpen over the next week or two. Villareal will end up with £10 to £12 million and with £5 to £7 million being shared by Racing club and the agent(s).

Here's his share percentage

index.php

I would imagine that is 39.6 million euros..... The previous stories seem to suggest that Villareal own only 60% of the economic rights of the player, with 35% owned by Racing Club in Argentina and 25% by his agent(s).
That adds up to 120%. certainly a funny business :-k

I would imagine that is 39.6 million euros..... The previous stories seem to suggest that Villareal own only 60% of the economic rights of the player, with 35% owned by Racing Club in Argentina and 25% by his agent(s). 60% of 39.6 million euros, is roughly the size of our original bid (23.76 million euros).

Villareal are therefore simply saying that they want all of the money that we have bid for him (which they know is never going to happen). Racing Club and the agents will therefore realise that without reducing their claim on the player they are likely to be getting nothing at all in the near future as Villareal do not want to sell unless they get enough to replace the player.

The problem now for all parties (other than THFC) is that Musacchio's head will have been turned. He will know that his earnings will probably be at least 2 to 3 times higher at Spurs. He is therefore likely to be pushing heavily for this move.

a) THFC to up the bid (unlikely..... £17 million or so would seem to be a decent fee for the player).
b) Racing Club and/or the agents to drop their percentage of the players economic rights (a little more likely as both stand the chance of receiving a lower amount, or even nothing, if the player is forced to stay at Villareal).
c) Finding another club to bid significantly more for the player (again unlikely.... The £17 million fee would seem to be pretty fair).

However Villareal have all of this to do with the ticking time bomb of a player who see's' an opportunity to vastly increase his salary and profile, a player that may well start to make a fuss if he see's THFC pursue another player and the chance of a move slipping away. Racing Club and the player's agents will also realise this situation exists - so we're at a little period of impasse. I expect minds to sharpen over the next week or two. Villareal will end up with £10 to £12 million and with £5 to £7 million being shared by Racing club and the agent(s).
no, the evening standard are running with an old story where the headline was that Villareal wanted 50 mill euros, his release clause, which is exactly 39.6 mill pounds

you'd think these are ths of things that get sorted out early? i mean we should've learnt from experience to discuss "net outlay from us" as opposed to price+++.

I think Villareal are trying to buyout the other two owners - i.e offering them £3m each lump sum upfront, instead of 1/3 of £17m (paid over 4 years and with clauses etc).

I think Villareal are trying to buyout the other two owners - i.e offering them £3m each lump sum upfront, instead of 1/3 of £17m (paid over 4 years and with clauses etc).

That would sound sensible....

I would say there are now only 3 possible outcomes to this (in order of likelyhood):

1. The player is sold to THFC for pretty much the £17 million or so we have bid.
2. The player is sold to another club for an amount higher than the £17 million we have bid.
3. Villareal prepare a new contract for the player, doubling, or perhaps even trebling his wages.

That would sound sensible....

I would say there are now only 3 possible outcomes to this (in order of likelyhood):

1. The player is sold to THFC for pretty much the £17 million or so we have bid.
2. The player is sold to another club for an amount higher than the £17 million we have bid.
3. Villareal prepare a new contract for the player, doubling, or perhaps even trebling his wages.

In the interviews with his teammates today, they are all talking about him in the past tense (even though he is still training with them).

E.g: Ikechukwu Uche said he's "happy for him…these things happen…we move on"

Villareal are coming to England on Friday, so I expect he'll fly over with them and not go back.

Villarreal basically want to buy 1/3 of a player and get 100% back when they sell, unfortunately it doesn't work that way my little yellow submarines.

Actually, what Villarreal want is to keep the player.

But if he is to leave, then it will only be worth their while if they can get a big fee for him. And there's no way that anyone - especially Daniel Levy - is going to pay anything like the buyout fee of €50m. The only alternative for Villarreal, then, is to try to renegotiate the percentages with River Plate and with the agent. Villarreal will not sell the player unless they get a bigger percentage. So it's quite possible - likely even - that the other two parties will accept on the basis that a smaller percentage of something is better than a full percentage of nothing.

So there is method in Villarreal's madness.

Last edited:

Agreed.

Other than the fact that, as I understand it, Villarreal owns 35% - not 60% - and the other club involved is River Plate, not Racing Club. ;)

Back