• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Match ratings vs Swansea

Jake Livermore---you wasn't playing, my son---but I like the passion!!
Savage showing how we won the game..the manager got it spot on

Michu good stuff today.

Sign him up. Would be good cover for all the top three. Could easily do Ade's role or Defoes or even Dembele if pushed. A real steal at £2m.

LLoris 8 Did nothing wrong and made a couple of important punches
Walker 7 - Much better than earlier this season. One brilliant shot, one shocker. Some nice corners and free kicks
Verts 7.5 - solid defensively, really well taken goal. Might have scored another from a header
Gallas 7 - solid today. None of his glaring errors of recent games
Naughton 7 - best game from him in a Spurs shirt
Sando 8 - MotM. Really solid in the centre - we bossed midfield
Dembele 7 - Not at his best. Gave the ball away twice in really dangerous positions but helped Sandro to control midfield and therefore the game
Lennon 6 Worked hard in defence as per usual. Really poor end product and cant shoot for toffee
Dempsey 7 made himself available many times but nothing decisive from him today
Ade 6 - Dont think he has had a good game for us this season. A bit more involved than in recent games but not the player of early last season
Defoe7 - made some great runs. Plenty of shots but didnt have his shooting boots on today

Sig 7 looked good when he cam on. Great through ball for Defoe from which he should have scored
Townsend 7 - looked lively when he came on carried more of a threat than Lennon
Parker N/A - good to see him back

AVB - 8 set out team as well as he could with the resources available. Got us to press in numbers high up the pitch which forced Swansea into mistakes and we should have scored some goals in the first half. Has done really well to get us to 4th with the players available to him. Really hope he is allowed to strengthen in the window. It could define our season. I would like to see an attacking rm, cover for lb and maybe a cf if we can get one to be the equal/better of Ade.

Lloris - Not much do but my GHod it feels good having him in goal especially with his ability to come out early 7
Walker - Poor passing throughout but made a decent contribution. How has he become our free kick/corner taker 6
Vert - Class finish for the goal, much better in central defence than our wide 8
Gallas - No errors and plenty of talking 7
Naughton - Better than Verts at LB 7
Lennon - Some good moments but not on fire today 6
Sandro - A beast as usual, tackles galore 8
Dembele - Quiet by his standards but good touches. Should shoot more himself 7
Dempsey - A bit off form compared to recent games 6
Ade - Some glimpses but not consistent enough 6
Defoe - Shooting instead of passing as usual, missed the chances he had 6

well that would be all the ones back to the keeper after running straight at one of their attackers bricking himself then doing a slow about turn before under hitting it to Lloris who has to clear it quickly. Sometimes whether im watching the same game as other people no excuses about poor streams today as i was in the ground. Gallas was the weak link and you got the immpressin swansea knew this by not looking to try the wings that much, no go straight through and put pressure on the dodgy old centre half.

i can't imagine what on earth you are talking about here?

next to naughton, gallas was our strongest defender today.. you were at the game, but you must not have been watching very closely.

the equally bewildering section of your ratings is that you give praise to walker? he was quite awful today. he had one fantastic strike on goal, but he gave the ball away so many times from ridiculous positions and bitched out on at least four or five fifty-fifty challenges.

as i said in the OMT, when BAE is back i would consider switching naughton to RB and resting walker for a bit.. i think the young player of the year award has gone to his head.

my ratings anyway.

Lloris: 7.5 - Not a whole lot to do, but did what was required with some authority when called upon.
Walker: 6 - Take away the thunderous strike on goal and he really was quite disappointing in all aspects of his game.
Gallas: 8 - Superb. Such a leader and with Verts absolutely nullified the in form Michu.
Verts: 8.5 - See Gallas but +0.5 for the goal.
Naughton: 7.5 - Fantastic from the young man. So assured, but loses out a little bit for not quite getting forward enough for my liking.
Lennon: 6.5 - Quiet. When he did get the ball in dangerous positions he made the wrong decisions.
Sandro: 9 - MOTM. Beast. Love him. I think he's been our best player this season.
Dembele: 7.5 - A good performance, but i feel like he could be a bit more selfish at times and also feel like he dallies on the ball a bit too much.
Dempsey: 7 - Worked hard, faded in the second half, correctly subbed.
Ade: 7.5 - Also worked very hard, the hardest i've seen him in a long while. Shame about the knock, hope it's not serious.
Defoe: 6.0 - One of those games where, because he doesn't score he comes across as plain annoying. But if he had of taken one of his many chances, it could have been a great performance. His shooting on site had me pulling my hair out. Stupid booking at the end.

Sig: 7.5 - Excellent cameo.
Townsend: 7.5 - Ditto.

AVB: 9 - Spot on. We hustled, harried, pressured and didn't let swansea have a moments peace on the ball. fantastic performance and general attitude was top notch.

Lloris - 7. Showed great authority but gave me a near heart-attack when he came running to the edge of the area to be saved by Gallas.

Walker - 5.5. Disappointing. Bottled a few challenges and let the ball bounce inside our area on a few occasions when it needed clearing.
Gallas - 7.5. Much better performance and looked confident again.
Vert - 8. Good goal and looks so much more assured in the centre.
Naughton - 7. Never really troubled and got forward ok, needs to work on crossing.

Lennon - 6. Disappointing for me. Had a lot of the ball, but kind of didn't know what to do with it after a run.
Dembele - 7. The guy looks so composed, maybe a little too laid-back sometimes.
Sandro - 8. Beast.
Dempsey - 7. Excellent first-half, but pretty much disappeared in the second.

Ade - 6. Worked very hard, but always seemed to slow play down by turning back when receiving the ball. A few times a quick lay-off would have seen us with a chance on goal.
Defoe - 6. Not his day. Should have scored a couple.

Sig' - 7. Done well when he came on. Looks to be getting there.
Townsend - 7. Offered more on the right than Lennon with some real driving (and dangerous) runs.

Lloris - 7 - Solid performance, love how quick he is out to sniff danger out. Confidence will be great with a clean sheet. More of the same, Stoke next week will be a good test.

Walker - 6 - Very disappointing. He looked to be getting back to his best and then todays performance, poor passing. Although did get ANOTHER assist from a set piece for us.
Gallas - 8 - Our best defender for the SECOND game running. Hate mob is out for this guy this season but hopefully the past two games shut a few up.
Vertonghen - So much better at centre back. Great goal too, shades of his Ajax goals.
Naughton - 7 - Great today, should have played against Everton in my view but hey, he got his game today and he looked solid.

Lennon - 6 - Poor from Lennon and I am one of his biggest fans, he was put through with those defence slicing passes a few times and every time his final ball was poor. I wish he would shoot more in this positions.
Dembele - 7 - So strong on the ball, beats a man with ease, only negative he seems to have is that his passing isnt the best. But he makes us so much better. Him and Sandro are the perfect partnership.
Sandro - 8.5 - Man of the match. Easily been our best player this season. Shove your Bales and Defoes. Sandro has constantly pulled out man of the match performances and continues to beast it every game.
Dempsey - 6.5 - Decent performance. I like how he puts himself a bout and not afraid to get a foot in.

Adebayor - 7 - I actully thought it was one of his better performances this year. Hope his injury isnt bad, not heard anything on it so I don't know.
Defoe - 6 - Very greedy today, a shame.

Gallas played really well, just like he did last week, but there are some that don't like him and will grade him low because of it.

Just like Ade has been quite good for two games now and Defoe utter brick, yet Ade gets similar or lower marks.

Lloris - 7 - No real saves to make but quick off his line to stop the chances coming

Walker - 7 - Taking all the corners now which hopefully means he's practising his delivery, which has been a weak aspect of his game up to now. Got an assist for the goal with one and had one brilliantly struck shot that was unlucky not to go in, but also missed a very good chance when it was still 0-0. Part of a very solid defence.

Gallas - 7 - Was annoyed at AVB for going with him over Caulker but he did a good job today

Vertonghen - 8 - Solid and comfortable back in his natural CB role, and what I can only describe as an instinctive, striker's finish for the goal. Centre-backs with his level of technique are rare and he has the potential to be the best defender in the country IMO.

Naughton - 7 - Very solid performance up against Dyer, crossing was a bit dodgy though.

Lennon - 7 - Looked lively

Sandro - 8 - Swansea are a very good passing side, but he kept the pressure on for 90 minutes and made it difficult for them

Dembele - 8 - Also did a good job of pressing and his driving runs were very good.

Dempsey - 6 - Hard work, didn't really offer anything exciting though

Adebayor - 6 - Also worked very hard but his technique is still a bit rusty

Defoe - 5 - Eager, and good movement, but missed some good chances

Subs:

Sigurdsson - 8 - Some excellent passes. I really think we should use him more than we do as we've often lacked that creativity in the final third this season since Van Der Vaart left and he is the closest player we have that can deliver that kind of killer ball.

Townsend - 7 - Some dangerous running, was surprised to see him on the right but he did well

Parker - N/A - Good to see him back

AVB - 9 - Hats off to the guy, excellent work from him today. Vertonghen had spoke earlier in the week about not feeling he was agile enough to accurately deal with the fastest, trickiest wingers of the game at full-back, so the decision to move him into the middle and play Naughton at LB was a very good one. The substitutions were correct, and effective, especially the decision to have Townsend on the right wing which I felt worked particularly well. Crucially, he also resisted the temptation to bring on Parker too early, as we had been bossing the game and he has made the mistake far too many times this season of letting go of the initiative by bringing on defensive players too early to protect a narrow lead. Only thing I'd have changed today were that I didn't feel Caulker deserved to be dropped but Gallas did well. Most importantly, this was an organised team performance from a team obviously hungry to prove a point after the Everton game - the team kept focused, composed and didn't let their heads drop despite Swansea defending extremely well. Well done Andre.

Agree with all the above.

New rule on ratings. Poster provides a code to describe their viewing profile for the match

(A1) - At the game
(B1) - Live in HD
(B2) - Live in SD
(C1) - Internet Stream
(D1) - Radio (DAB)
(D2) - Radio (wireless)
(E1) - Hearsay / Glory Glory
(F1) - WUM

Lloris - 7,5

Walker - 7
Gallas - 7,5
Vertonghen - 8
Naughton - 7
Lennon - 7
Sandro - 7
Dembele - 7,5
Dempsey - 6,5
Adebayor - 7
Defoe - 7

Townsend - 7
Sigurddson - 7

New rule on ratings. Poster provides a code to describe their viewing profile for the match

(A1) - At the game
(B1) - Live in HD
(B2) - Live in SD
(C1) - Internet Stream
(D1) - Radio (DAB)
(D2) - Radio (wireless)
(E1) - Hearsay / Glory Glory
(F1) - WUM

Great Idea. Wonder how many will be F1 :-k

Dembele concerns me. Sure he looks great and technically he is a very accomplished player, but there doesnt seem to be much useful end product. How many assists has he had? I think he flatters to deceive, or at least he has so far.

Dembele concerns me. Sure he looks great and technically he is a very accomplished player, but there doesnt seem to be much useful end product. How many assists has he had? I think he flatters to deceive, or at least he has so far.

Why does he need to be assisting though? he's not playing the role of someone thats 'supposed' to be assisting.

this is the same thing people said about modric, personally i think that criteria to judge those roles is a little biased against the player in that position

actually can anyone name a central midfielder that plays at the base or acts as a partner at the base end of a 4 man midfield that has more than 3 assists?

and they shouldnt be taking set pieces either

so the player...cant be a wing player or a wide player, cant be a wing forward, cant play in the hole.

i'd be surprised if you could get more than 2 guys

actually can anyone name a central midfielder that plays at the base or acts as a partner at the base end of a 4 man midfield that has more than 3 assists?

and they shouldnt be taking set pieces either

so the player...cant be a wing player or a wide player, cant be a wing forward, cant play in the hole.

i'd be surprised if you could get more than 2 guys

http://www.whoscored.com/Statistics

No surprises in store for you I think. Scroll down to players and rank them in number of assists.

Back