• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Match ratings vs Swansea

Just got home from the game thought we did well today and swansea were far more defensive then i thought they would be.

Lloris 8 I like him he seems so confident and it s top draw coming out for the ball.

Walker 7 Looking a lot better, i would have rested him before now but he does seem to be playing himself back into some form.
Gallas 5 Yet another poor game from him, got sso fed up with passes of his going astray, can barely run now and looked like our weak link.
Vertonghen 7.5 Looked comfortable playing in central defence and that is where he should always play, a danger for us in offensive positions at corners i lov ethis guy.
Naughton 7.5 Best i have ever seen him play am so pleased for the lad.

Lennon 6.5 So tinkled off with him today, beats a man with ease then bottles it and does not go the next level, if he could just get some confidence and learn to shoot more he could be so good.
Sandro 8 His usual amazing self.
Dembele7.5 Keeps the ball well and does some decent passing but did seem to create to much, he is just coming back from injury so i will let it go for a few weeks. Very one footed.
Dempsey 6 Lots of hard running and effort which i appreciate but his skill level and use to the team was not there today, shame because he had a couple of good weks recently.

Defoe 7.5 Lots of good movement and always looking to shoot, the little fella is a diamond.
Adebayor 7.5 Working himself back to match fitness keeping the ball better but not in top form.

Townsend 7.5 Looked good when he came on, prepared to run at people needs to improve his decesion making but that will come with games, i hope he starts some games in place of lennon.

Siggy 7.5 Looked bright and did some lovely passes, seems to be settling in, pleased for the lad, would start him ahead of dempsey personally.

AVB 8 not the all out attack of redknapp but i think we are more secure under him and i think he did well with the subss today a bit like last week but the team had more about them to keep going and get the win today.

I thought Ade was a 5.5 - I thought he was pretty brick.

Dembele had a poor second half I think - gave away the ball a few times of which two led to quite dangerous breakaways.

Walker is improving and slowly coming back although his passing has been brick.

I don't think anyone stood out today although I thought Gallas played very well. It was a par type performance and weren't that good but they weren't that great either.

Maybe I'm being harsh but its just fairly dull I suppose. Functional let's call it.

I agree on pretty much all of those DHSF, what i am wondering though is whether Gallas's performance is due to him partners Verts, him having turned a corner or just that Swansea's style of play doesn't trouble him.

Always 1 tosser.

Harsh...very happy with the 3 points, but we did miss quite a few 1-on-1 to wrap up the game early. And had to rely on Lloris to come out to save the day. Michu also won quite a few headers and our wingers didn't really create much too. So, though we are not sitting pretty in fourth, the potential has not been fully tapped.

Will edit to add my ratings later, though I would like to give a 10 for team effort, I have a feeling my player ratings will mostly between 6.5 to 7.5, not many 8s that immediately come to mind.

Lloris 7.5 - not a lot to save, but came out at crucial times to save us a point, who was the last Spurs goalie to do so?
Walker 6.75 - what a shot, though still needs to be more alert at times
Gallas 6.75 - won't say he has a very good game, but he was better than I expected today
Vertonghen 7.5 - didn't make many tackles today, but was good at CB and also attacking set-pieces
Naughton 7 - one of his best games
Dembele 7
Sandro 7.5 - immense
Lennon 6.5 - not his better games, but still contributed to the win
Dempsey 6.25 - hmm, slowed down somewhat
Defoe 6.5 - should really take his chances better
Adebayor 6.25

Sigurdsson 6.25 - lively
Townsend 6.25 - see above

Parker 10 - just loved to see him back, call me biased, but since he won't get rated due to low vote count, so why not?
Livermore 10 - not to be bullied...well, how the heck Chico escaped punishment?

The 10s are not to be taken seriously

Last edited:
I agree on pretty much all of those DHSF, what i am wondering though is whether Gallas's performance is due to him partners Verts, him having turned a corner or just that Swansea's style of play doesn't trouble him.

Even without a lot of pace or strength in the swansea attack he still managed to give possesion away cheapily and get caught out of position and generally looked like our weak link, let alone the poor and dodgy passing.

Just got home from the game thought we did well today and swansea were far more defensive then i thought they would be.

Lloris 8 I like him he seems so confident and it s top draw coming out for the ball.

Walker 7 Looking a lot better, i would have rested him before now but he does seem to be playing himself back into some form.
Gallas 5 Yet another poor game from him, got sso fed up with passes of his going astray, can barely run now and looked like our weak link.
Vertonghen 7.5 Looked comfortable playing in central defence and that is where he should always play, a danger for us in offensive positions at corners i lov ethis guy.
Naughton 7.5 Best i have ever seen him play am so pleased for the lad.

Lennon 6.5 So tinkled off with him today, beats a man with ease then bottles it and does not go the next level, if he could just get some confidence and learn to shoot more he could be so good.
Sandro 8 His usual amazing self.
Dembele7.5 Keeps the ball well and does some decent passing but did seem to create to much, he is just coming back from injury so i will let it go for a few weeks. Very one footed.
Dempsey 6 Lots of hard running and effort which i appreciate but his skill level and use to the team was not there today, shame because he had a couple of good weks recently.

Defoe 7.5 Lots of good movement and always looking to shoot, the little fella is a diamond.
Adebayor 7.5 Working himself back to match fitness keeping the ball better but not in top form.

Townsend 7.5 Looked good when he came on, prepared to run at people needs to improve his decesion making but that will come with games, i hope he starts some games in place of lennon.

Siggy 7.5 Looked bright and did some lovely passes, seems to be settling in, pleased for the lad, would start him ahead of dempsey personally.

AVB 8 not the all out attack of redknapp but i think we are more secure under him and i think he did well with the subss today a bit like last week but the team had more about them to keep going and get the win today.

Highest pass completion % of any player that started the game(95%).

I'd like to see a map of those though, without the map it's pretty useless.

And even with the map it's difficult to know for sure.

I will try to find one, I don't know what it's going to prove or disprove though? The argument was that he gave the ball away loads, well, 95% completion rate says he didn't, the type of passes are irrelevant. It's not like his job is to cut through the opposition's defence.

Highest pass completion % of any player that started the game(95%).

well that would be all the ones back to the keeper after running straight at one of their attackers bricking himself then doing a slow about turn before under hitting it to Lloris who has to clear it quickly. Sometimes whether im watching the same game as other people no excuses about poor streams today as i was in the ground. Gallas was the weak link and you got the immpressin swansea knew this by not looking to try the wings that much, no go straight through and put pressure on the dodgy old centre half.

Kaboul can not come back soon enough.

I'd like to see a map of those though, without the map it's pretty useless.

And even with the map it's difficult to know for sure.

...what's your point then?

Anyway, just to answer your question, whoscored captured Gallas made 8 long passes, with 6 of them accurate. Well, they might be meaningless as they didn't contribute to goal, but this is a rare occassion that Gallas did what I personally expect from him, calm senior presence to help our youngish defence and new goalie.

Like I said, I don't know what this is supposed to prove, but seeing as Spursalot requested it:

6HytT.jpg

Majority of passes to other cb or the goalkeeper.

So having such a high passing percentage isn't that impressive really.

Lloris 7 - Clean sheet, decisive when needed.

Naughton 7 - It is so difficult to play full back, when you are on your wrong flank.
Vertonghen 8 - Looked comfortable, excellent finish.
Gallas 7 - Rarely threatened, marshalled the defence well.
Walker 7 - looking more like the player we saw last year.

Dembele 8 - Imperious and strong (MotM)
Sandro 7.5 - What we've come to expect from the big man.

Dempsey 7 - Put in a great deal of work.
Adebayor 6.5 - Worked hard, was only a block away from a goal.
Lennon 7 - See Dempsey.

Defoe 7 - See Lennon.

Sigurdsson 7 - Is starting to grow into the team, a great through ball for JD.
Townsend 7 - Incisive runs kept Swansea on the back foot.
Parker N/A - Great reception, great to have him back.

AVB 9 - Nothing much wrong with his team selection, or substitutions. Is starting to build a real team.

It's not "exactly" at all.

YOUR words "got so fed up with passes of his going astray" - the stats say that this is quite clearly NOT true. No one is trying to claim that he passed the ball like Xavi with 7 defence splitting through balls, just that he did not misplace a load of passes like you're trying to claim. The quality of the passes or who they went to is IRRELEVANT in this discussion.

Christ.

well that would be all the ones back to the keeper after running straight at one of their attackers bricking himself then doing a slow about turn before under hitting it to Lloris who has to clear it quickly. Sometimes whether im watching the same game as other people no excuses about poor streams today as i was in the ground. Gallas was the weak link and you got the immpressin swansea knew this by not looking to try the wings that much, no go straight through and put pressure on the dodgy old centre half.

Kaboul can not come back soon enough.

Fair enough with you new point of view, this is the sort of situation that I really hope Gallas would have dealt with it and not left it to Lloris. The defenders should have kept their guard until the final whistle.
http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/gif-hugo-lloris-punches-the-ball-michus-head-spurs-v-swansea/

I am not/will not disputing anyone's ratings, and I think at the moment, if we do have an experienced defender playing isn't a bad thing. Caulker will learn his lesson and get his chance. At this stage of his career, he could also learn something by watching the game from the sideline too.

Back