• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Match ratings Chelsea

Jurgen the German

Tommy Harmer
Friedel 6- Time for Lloris now. Rooted to his line.

Walker 3- Would rather we re-signed Corluka
Gallas 5- Appalling clearances cost us dearly
Caulker 7- Decent enough
Vertonghen- 7 Made a couple of mistakes, but also a great tackle and good going forward

Lennon 8- Looked threatening throughout, took too long for us to get him involved
Sig 5- Can't cross anymore or shoot. Looks like a rabbit in the headlights.
Dempsey- 6
Sandro 7- Had a good game I thought.
Hudd 6- Ok

Defoe 7- Great finish but too greedy on a number of occasions

Not a game we deserved to lose. We only lost because of shambolic defending. More performances like that and we'll be fine.

Last edited:
Friedel - 5

Walker - 4
Gallas - 3
Caulker - 6
Vertonghen - 5

Lennon - 8
Sig - 7
Dempsey - 5
Sandro - 6
Hudd - 5

Defoe - 7

Defence - Poor (excluding Caulker)
Midfield - Poor (excluding sandro)
Front line - Poor (excluding Lennon and Defoe)

Subs - Satisfactory

AVB - Justified in his team choice. The team showed how well they could play in the ten minutes either side of the break.

Last edited:
Player ratings

Freidel 6 Could not be really be blamed for the goals in second half
Walker 2 Dont want him anywhere near the first team again.
Vert 5 inconsistent today, our best player in first half. second half, his worst by far.
Gallas 2 Just weak in all aspects, but Im surprised also at how easily he is shifted off the ball.
Caulker 6 Not too bad.
Lennon 8 Our best player over the whole game.
Dempsey 4 This guy has not been at the races in any match, thus far.
Hudd 6 Not too bad and seemed to gain in confidence as the game wore on.
Sandro. 7 a combative game.
Defoe. 7 Made some good runs, held the ball up better. Great goal.
Siggy 5 Little in the way of a postive product. Gets into good positions, then wastes his chances, frutrating to watch.

Ade.3 Poor.

Will do those later when I'd be a little less emotionally 'subjective' but Lennon and Defoe did really, really well

My only criticism of AVB today is he should have started Townsend instead of Sig. Lennon did damage with his pace and trickery, Would have been hard for them to cope with two pacey wingers.

Friedel 6

Walker - 5 Been poor all season
Gallas - 3 One of those games where he just falls apart
Caulker -6 Decent
Vertonghen -7 What we've come to expect from him

Lennon 8- Looked threatening throughout, took too long for us to get him involved
Sig - 7 Played really well in the second half
Dempsey - 5 Poorest game for us so far I reckon
Sandro - 8 So many tackles and interception
Hudd - 6 probably did better defensively than going forward, ran out of steam

Defoe - 9 Best all ronnd game I've ever seen him play for us

Ade - 7 Looked really dangerous updront with defoe
Livermore - 7 Did his usual job of recycling possession

Friedel - 5

Walker - 2
Gallas - 2
Caulker - 6
Vertonghen - 5

Lennon - 8
Sig - 4
Dempsey - 4
Sandro - 5
Hudd - 5

Defoe - 6

Ade - 2

Friedel - 5. Did nothing wrong, perhaps could have reacted quicker to the first goal.

Walker - 4. Poor. Had moments of solidity, but more often than not left trailing in the wake of Chelsea's front three. Horrendous mistake cost us the fourth goal.
Gallas - 4.5. Equally poor. Was directly responsible for first and second goals, and likely the third as well. Goal redeemed him a bit, but still a bad performance.
Caulker - 5.5. Did nothing wrong, but struggled a bit as a result of the generally sub-par defensive performance.
Verts - 6.5. Best defender on the pitch, and one of our very best overall players. Brilliant signing.

Sandro - 6. Offers nothing going forward, but that's never been his responsibility. Did his job well.
Hudd - 5. Good set piece delivery, but was too immobile to close down Chelsea when they had the ball, and consequently stood in no-man's land, leading to it being lumped over him to Torres and co. time and again.

Lennon - 7.5. Our best player. Always dangerous when he had the ball, left Chelsea's left sided defenders in knots and was solid defensively as well.
Sigurdsson- 6. A better game than his previous appearances. Showed flashes of technical skill, and never shied away from the ball. Encouraging performance, even if the end-product was lacking.
Dempsey - 5. Anonymous.

Defoe -7. Ran the channels well, took his goal well, made some great passes and looks a transformed player.

Subs;

Livermore - 5. Nothing particularly good or bad.
Ade - 4.5. Rusty. Spurned two good chances, ambled about for most of the game.

AVB - 6. Fail to see what more he could have done.

Fans - 4.5. Heard the Chelsea fans too often for my liking. A bit more vocal when we went ahead, which is good, but fell away completely when they took the lead again. Pressurized our new players again, which is sad to witness.

Friedel - 5

Walker - 2
Gallas - 1
Caulker - 7
Vertonghen - 6.5

Sandro - 6
Huddlestone - 6 (Livermore 4)

Lennon - 7
Dempsey - 2 (Adebayor 3)
Sigurdsson - 5.5

Defoe - 7

Friedel - 5 = Couldn't do nothing with the goals.

Walker - 3 = His defending and decision making is that of a man with a very low IQ level.
Gallas - 5 = Could have done a few things better tbh. Scored a goal (handball btw) but defensively was shaky.
Caulker - 5 = Looked nervous and did the simple things wrong.
Vertonghen - 7 = Good performance but he what he did for chelski's second goal was indefensible. I took a 0.5 off his score for that alone.

Lennon- 7.5 = Player very well and took a sort of leadership role. Very happy with him.
Sandro - 6 = Not a great performance. Slightly better second half though but still not good.
Huddlestone - 6.5 = Played decent but sometimes takes forever to play a pass.
Sigurddson - 5 for his first half but 7.5 for his second half. Very hard to score him overall tbh but i'd say a 6.75 overall is fair.

Dempsey - 5 = Rather crap tbf. Did nothing at all.

Defoe - 7.5 = Scored a goal, worked hard, needs to pass rather than shoot sometimes but overall very good.

My only criticism of AVB today is he should have started Townsend instead of Sig. Lennon did damage with his pace and trickery, Would have been hard for them to cope with two pacey wingers.

Townsend should have been given his opportunity today but Sig played well imo.

Sig 5- Can't cross anymore or shoot. Looks like a rabbit in the headlights.
Agree shooting's awful but thought Siggy put in some very decent crosses today. Things still not going his way though. Shows intelligence in attack but team has not yet tuned into his wavelength. At least he's putting the effort in, so it'll come. Still waiting for that lucky break somewhere along the line to get the crowd behind him and his Spurs career up and running.

Agree shooting's awful but thought Siggy put in some very decent crosses today. Things still not going his way though. Shows intelligence in attack but team has not yet tuned into his wavelength. At least he's putting the effort in, so it'll come. Still waiting for that lucky break somewhere along the line to get the crowd behind him and his Spurs career up and running.

His corners in the first half were awful! Two in a row hit the first man. He looks scared IMO. I don't put too much blame on Gallas, he's old, that's what happens. What's Walker's excuse?

Friedel 6 - First average performance of the season.

Walker 5 - In poor form.
Gallas 5- Looked suspect all game.
Caulker 7 - Decent.
Vertonghen 7 - Looked good going forward, but a CB for me.

Lennon 8- Superb, didn't see enough of it in the second-half.
Sig 6 - Decent.
Dempsey 5 - Useful player, will always pop up with a goal, problem is when he doesn't score he doesn't bring much else to the team.
Sandro 6- Good game, although like Walker, i am never entirely confident when he is in possession, can be poor at times with his distribution and basic ball control.
Hudd 6- Decent.

Defoe 8 - Along with Lennon the MOM, linked up well and was always a threat.

Ade 5 - Nothing stuck really, rusty.
Livermore 5- Didn't do much.

Last edited:
His corners in the first half were awful! Two in a row hit the first man. He looks scared IMO. I don't put too much blame on Gallas, he's old, that's what happens. What's Walker's excuse?

So because of 1 first half he can now not cross at all? Give it a rest.

Back