• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Match ratings against villa

Danishfurniturelover

the prettiest spice girl
To be fair i fell asleep at half time and woke up just in time for the 4th so i cant really rate the second half.

Lloris 7 looked fine.
Walker 6.5 gives the ball away a lot but gets forward.
Gallas 6.5 not awful today which for him is massive.
Verts 6.5 alright couple of crap passes.
Naughton 6.5 looking more comfortable.

Lennon 6.5 meh.
Sandro 6.5 looks bored, so am i.
Dembele 6 should be the sort of game he is running, i have slagged of huddlestone for this sort of performances.
Bale 6 so so.

Defoe 6.5 whatever.
Ade 6.5 whatever.

To be fair i only saw the first half because i fell asleep, but to much sherry this year for me, villa have looked crap from the last few minutes i have seen of the second half. Shame cos i like lambert but i feel they are going down, they remind me of bolton.

Ratings Villa Away

Lloris 8
Walker 7
Gallas 8.5
Vertonghen 8
Naughton 7.5
Lennon 7.5
Sandro 8
Dembele 7.5
Bale 9.5
Ade 6.5
Defoe 7.5

Re: Ratings Villa Away

Lloris 8
Walker 7
Gallas 8.5
Vertonghen 8
Naughton 7.5
Lennon 7.5
Sandro 8
Dembele 7.5
Bale 9.5
Ade 6.5
Defoe 7.5

hahaha jordi i just replied in your thread how you should have checked first and your punishment was to send me some chocolate cakes. To be fair i still think you should send me these because i like them and im hungry.

Bale - 9
Lennon 7.5
Ade - 4
Defoe - 7
Defense - 7 - didnt have to do anything apart from five minutes in second half.
Sandro/Dembele - 7
Lloris - I forgot what he looks like.

Dominant performance from start to finish BUT the second half we were much more incisive and more clinical - I suppose that could be because Villa opened up a notch

Lloris - 7

Walker - 8
Gallas - 8
Vertonghen - 8.5
Naughton - 8.5

Lennon- 7
Sandro - 7.5
Dembele - 7.5
Bale - 9.5

Adebayor - 6
Defoe - 7.25

To be fair i fell asleep at half time and woke up just in time for the 4th so i cant really rate the second half.

Lloris 7 looked fine.

Lennon 6.5 meh.
Dembele 6 should be the sort of game he is running, i have slagged of huddlestone for this sort of performances.
Bale 6 so so.

Defoe 6.5 whatever.
Ade 6.5 whatever.

To be fair i only saw the first half because i fell asleep, but to much sherry this year for me, villa have looked crap from the last few minutes i have seen of the second half. Shame cos i like lambert but i feel they are going down, they remind me of bolton.

:ross: :ross: :ross:

Bale - 9
Lennon 7.5
Ade - 4
Defoe - 7
Defense - 7 - didnt have to do anything apart from five minutes in second half.
Sandro/Dembele - 7
Lloris - I forgot what he looks like.

Dominant performance from start to finish BUT the second half we were much more incisive and more clinical - I suppose that could be because Villa opened up a notch

Sometimes you need that little mistake from your opponent to get the breakthrough. Terrible by Villa for our first goal. 5 or 6 of them around Bale and Defoe, nobody watching Naughton.

Lloris 7 - good when needed
Walker 7 - defended better but a couple bad passes
Gallas 6.5 - not brick
Verts 7 - looked comfortable
Naughton 7.5 - much, much better

Lennon 7.5 - did well
Sandro 7 - did his job
Dembele 6.5 - didnt do great, didnt do badly though
Bale 9 - great game

Defoe 7 - good goal
Ade 5 - brick

Lloris 7
Walker 7
Gallas 7.5
Vertonghen 7
Naughton 7.5
Lennon 7
Sandro 7.5
Dembele 7.5
Bale 9.5
Ade 6
Defoe 7.5

Consistent throughout - we really dominated the match and restricted them to little chances.

Lloris 7 looked fine.

Lennon 6.5 meh.
Bale 6 so so.

Defoe 6.5 whatever.
Ade 6.5 whatever.

Harsh ratings for a 4-0 win lol. Especially giving Bale a 6 when he got a hat trick.

Lloris 7 - good when needed
Walker 7 - defended better but a couple bad passes
Gallas 6.5 - not brick
Verts 7 - looked comfortable
Naughton 7.5 - much, much better

Lennon 7.5 - did well
Sandro 7 - did his job
Dembele 6.5 - didnt do great, didnt do badly though
Bale 9 - great game

Defoe 7 - good goal
Ade 5 - brick

Oh look the known Gallas haters giving him a low rating again...how surprising.

Sometimes you need that little mistake from your opponent to get the breakthrough. Terrible by Villa for our first goal. 5 or 6 of them around Bale and Defoe, nobody watching Naughton.

To be fair can you blame them? Bale and Defoe are our main attacking threats, Naughton is hardly renowned for his killer passes.

On a side note, I do think Walker is beginning to get back to his best....

Lloris 6.5 - not much to do, good save from Benteke although he was offside

Walker 7 - decent, a few stray passes but I'll let him off
Gallas 7.5 - strong, that time he jumped to play Benteke offside took balls
Vertonghen 7.5 - strong
Naughton 8 - his best game at LB, nice ball for Defoe

Lennon 7 - decent, set up Bale
Sandro 7.5 - bossed it
Dembele 7 - good
Bale 9 - quality

Ade 6.5 - involved a lot but doesn't look like scoring atm
Defoe 7 - good finish

Parker 6.5 - good
Siggy 7 - another good impact sub appearance, very unselfish to give Bale his hattrick

Freund 10 - for the celebrations
AVB 0 - he's bought himself another week but we'd have won 8-0 without him

Can someone please teach Sandro how to pass? He is a magnificent tackler but his passing is atrocious...

Majestic performance from Bale. Good shifts putting in by Defoe and Lennon.

Naughton particularly deserves a pat on the back - solid, enterprising and creative. His assist to Defoe for the first goal was outstanding. Walker had a good game too.

Heartening to see that Scotty's back and his simple but quick distribution in midfield was key to our dominance in the last 30 minutes.

Adebayor needs to be dropped for Sigurrdsson who provided another excellent assist for Bale's hat-trick clincher.

Slowly losing my awe of Dembele - brilliant in keeping possession but not a single incisive pass all game, again!

And I hope Gallas's critics are choking in their humble pie because again he had a great game playing Benteke offside time after time; Vertonghen was poor though - ball watching on two occasions to let in Villa, a better team would have punished us.

Lloris will not have an easier game all season

Gallas was our best defender today. Marshalled the line and catching Benteke offside more than once. Even outdid him on pace. Playing as our last defender he dealt with everything that was thrown at him, but since he's Gallas he must be brick.

Best performance of the season. Can't be arsed to do individual rankings but essentially:

Team: top class

Manager: top top class!!

Gallas was our best defender today. Marshalled the line and catching Benteke offside more than once. Even outdid him on pace. Playing as our last defender he dealt with everything that was thrown at him, but since he's Gallas he must be brick.

that's becoming a bit tiresome now - Gallas went through a large proportion of games this season playing well below the standard expected, hence the critisizim. had a few good games lately though and long may it continue

Walker looking a lot more like his old self the past few games as well

He did well today IMO, one bad pass for a throw-in the only low-point. Didn't have too much to do but you can only respond to what is asked of you after all.
Really? Only heard the 5Live commentary (that GHod-awful brick Alan Green with Dion Dublin) but they were piling into Walker for a series of over-hit corners first half.

Freund - 10. Made me chuckle, great job Steffen.

Now;

Lloris - 7.5. Didn't have anything to do. It's days like today I imagine him standing in his net, admiring his painting while thoughtfully dragging on a Gauloises cigarette, oblivious to the play developing sixty yards downfield. Just that vibe. :)

Walker - 7. Solid, dependable, assured.
Gallas - 7.5. Let nothing past, and was composed and reliable save for one errant pass.
Verts - 7.5. See above.
Naughton - 7.5. Hasn't put a foot wrong at LB in the last few weeks.

Sandro - 7.5. Same as always. GHod, I'm glad he's around.
Dembele - 7. Understated, but effective.
Lennon - 7. Ineffectual first half, but vastly improved when he was allowed space and time to run directly at the back-pedalling Villa back-line.
Bale - 9. Was our most effective player in the first half, and certainly blazed effortlessly through everything Villa threw at him in the second half. Deserved hat-trick, and let's see more like today, please.

Ade - 6.5. Made a couple of good passes, but was ineffectual again.
Defoe - 7. Got his goal, brightened up in the second half.

Subs;

Parker - 6.5. It gives us more reliability, subbing Parker on for Dembele. More so than if we replaced Moussa with Tom, anyway.
Sigurdsson - 7. Beautifully unselfish play to set up Bale for his hat-trick. Surely deserves a start soon.
Townsend - N/A.

AVB - 6.5. Despite the win, I'm still somewhat concerned with how toothless we looked in the first half, despite our relative dominance. I hope that changes, before teams figure it out again and stop attacking us head-on, as Villa did.

Back