• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Match ratings against villa

that's becoming a bit tiresome now - Gallas went through a large proportion of games this season playing well below the standard expected, hence the critisizim. had a few good games lately though and long may it continue

Walker looking a lot more like his old self the past few games as well

But no reason to slate him before a game because you (not you) expect him to play poorly, then give him a low score afterwards despite actually playing well.

that's becoming a bit tiresome now - Gallas went through a large proportion of games this season playing well below the standard expected, hence the critisizim. had a few good games lately though and long may it continue

Walker looking a lot more like his old self the past few games as well

Have a look at the ratings threads throughout this season and pay particular attention to the ratings he gets from known posters that are not gallas fans in the games he's played well.

I forgot to add - Walker is looking good again - apart from a few bricky passes every now and again.

People are slating Lennon but you could see the change AVB has made in allowing Walker to go forward overlapping Lennon. Lennon was at times Right Back - hence the reason he has been ineffective slightly going forwards

To be fair i fell asleep at half time and woke up just in time for the 4th

Bale 6 so so.

And a well taken goal is 6 and so so, you are a hardass to please ;)

Lloris 7.25 - alert, and he "saved" Benteke's shot in the first half...overall still one easy clean sheet

Walker 7 - could do better with the corners, but generally a good game
Gallas 7 - nice game, often the last man to time the off-side trap in the higher defensive line
Vertonghen 7.5 - some good interceptions and mainly supported the attack...it would be a waste to have two CBs against their lone striker anyway
Naughton 7.25 - close to be our best defender for the day

Lennon 7.25 - we need him at this level on a more consistent basis
Sandro 7
Dembele 7.25 - retired earlier than expected
Bale 9 - very good game in the second half, first half also have a few attempts, extra 0.5 for the hattrick

Adebayor 7
Defoe 7.25 - he needs to break the ice with Ade

Parker 7 - composed
Sigurdsson 7 - lively, hope he gets a start soon

I am actually thinking all of them deserve to get a 0.25 bump for the excellent domination and patience, especially the total domination in the first half. A few hurried moments in the second half, but once Bale ran past Guzan, the game was over as a meaningful contest, making it difficult to judge our true performance level.

Last edited:
And a well taken goal is 6 and so so, you are a hardass to please ;)

*will add my own ratings tomorrow morning*

If i had seen the second hlaf most would have probably got 7.5 and a hatrick would make you an 8.5 or a 9. But as i said i fell asleep and to add to that i am now going out for a jog because i feel fat and hungover and i do not like feeling like this. I would not normally fall asleep in a game of football.

I forgot to add also Parker was exceptional when he came on. He took the ball from the defence and played it simple yet effective

Sell him to QPR - MY fudging ARSE

Really pleased that the team have now kept 3 clean sheets in a row ( although today was more like a training match!) since the Everton Game. This for me is keyl to any success this season. Here's to, I hope, a 4th one against Sunderland. Is it me or have we looked less panicked in possession in the last 3 games. Pleased especially for Walker who has taken such unbelievable stick for such a young player.

AVB - 6.5. Despite the win, I'm still somewhat concerned with how toothless we looked in the first half, despite our relative dominance. I hope that changes, before teams figure it out again and stop attacking us head-on, as Villa did.

4 nil away from home and the manager gets a 6.5? Tough to please are you Dubai Spur? Don't know what AVB could have done better.

AVB - 6.5. Despite the win, I'm still somewhat concerned with how toothless we looked in the first half, despite our relative dominance. I hope that changes, before teams figure it out again and stop attacking us head-on, as Villa did.

4 nil away from home and the manager gets a 6.5? Tough to please are you Dubai Spur? Don't know what AVB could have done better.

On the contrary I thought it was almost as good an away performance as I have seen ( albeit Villa were poor). We controlled the game in the first half forcing Villa to come at us more in the second at which point we sucker punched them.

Lloris 8.5
Walker 8
Gallas 8
Vertonghen 9.5.
Naughton 8.5
Lennon 7
Sandro 8.5
Bale 10.5
Ade 6
Defoe 8.5

AVB 9.5

Freund 11

Well done Spurs, thoroughly deserved win.

Couple of points from today's game

- Nice shift from Lennon, JD
- Thought Sandro had a quiet game, think he could do with a game off
- Very impressed by Naughton, best shift I've seen from him in a Spurs shirt, neat, hardworking and looking much better technically.
- Ade continuing to struggle a bit.

Have no idea what Lambert was thinking in the second half, was always likely to be suicide ..

Lloris 8.5
Walker 8
Gallas 8
Vertonghen 6 made 2 really bad mistakes and they could or should have scored from them. if that was galas he wouldbe getting slaughterd
Naughton 8.5
Lennon 7 worked hard
Sandro 6
Bale 8. would be a 9 but hes so greedy.
Ade 6
Defoe 7

AVB 9.5

Freund 11

Lloris - 7 Don't remember him having anything to do at all.

Walker - 7 Poor corners, but good on the whole.
Gallas - 7 We saw the good Gallas today.
Verts - 7 Made a couple of key interceptions, didn't put a foot wrong.
Naughton - 8 I gave him an extra point for the assist, great pass!

Lennon - 7 First half final ball wasn't good enough, second half much better!
Dembele - 7 Controlled the game along with Sandro. Beat people at will.
Sandro - 7 Typical Sandro
Bale - 9 By far our most dangerous player, even in the first half. Great finishes for all 3 goals.

Adebayor - 6 A good through ball to Defoe in the first half, but struggled to get in the game apart from that.
Defoe - 7 Excellent finish for his goal.

I would have given the defenders higher marks, but Aston Villa are especially brick! Still you can only beat what's in front of you. Good tactics from AVB and agreed with the subs. Take that people who I think I can't give AVB credit :)

Really? Only heard the 5Live commentary (that GHod-awful brick Alan Green with Dion Dublin) but they were piling into Walker for a series of over-hit corners first half.

Bit harsh of them, he's not there to take corners he's there to play RB. Dixon Dublin played a few roles in his time but I don't recall him taking set pieces. And as for Alan Green who are you anyway? Never played football as far as I am aware just some bloated opinionated parasite. Has been dining out on the fact that he upset fergie once for the last ten years. His commentary is dull, cynical and ultimately pointless, would rather just listen to the crowd noise and work it out from there.

Can someone please teach Sandro how to pass? He is a magnificent tackler but his passing is atrocious...

Yep. He's definitely the weak point in the midfield when it comes to passing the ball forwards. Sometimes he tries to force the issue when a sideways pass would be better. I often wonder if his attempting to force the play in midfield in home games is more of a hinderance than a help. He's still an absolute monster defensively though.

I forgot to add also Parker was exceptional when he came on. He took the ball from the defence and played it simple yet effective

Sell him to QPR - MY fudging ARSE

I thought Parker gave an absolute master class in how to pass a ball and control a game from central midfield for the last 25 mins. In fact I'd say we went up a notch when he came on for Dembele.

Yep. He's definitely the weak point in the midfield when it comes to passing the ball forwards. Sometimes he tries to force the issue when a sideways pass would be better. I often wonder if his attempting to force the play in midfield in home games is more of a hinderance than a help. He's still an absolute monster defensively though.

I thought Parker gave an absolute master class in how to pass a ball and control a game from central midfield for the last 25 mins. In fact I'd say we went up a notch when he came on for Dembele .

He was superb. Just so calm and collected when he got the ball. 5m - lol (I dont use this at all but felt it was quite apt for this particular situation)

Lloris 7.5 - not a whole heap to do but was effective in controling his box. Top save from the offside Benteke shot.
Walker 8 - Has been great in the last 4-5 games. Two standout moments were the Ledleyesque tackle and the defense splitting pass to Siggy. Well done.
Gallas 8 - Great game for him. Might have had a goal too.
Vertonghen 7 - So much better as CB.
Naughton 8 - his reluctance to use his left foot does hamper him but more than compensated in this game.
Lennon 7 - still off a his best but a good shift nonetheless
Sandro 7 - not his best game for me but still was part of a midfield that totsaly bossed villa
Dembele 7 - same as above
Bale 9 - lethal
Ade 7 - on a another day might have had a few goals. He could do with one for his confidence. He certainly was not as bad as some on here are making out.
Defoe 8 - All he does is score. Thankfully.

Parker 8 - Exactly what was needed when it was needed. QPR can fudge off..
Siggy 7 - Another confidence booster.

Back