• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Match ratings against man u

Danishfurniturelover

the prettiest spice girl
Lloris 6.5 should have and should have done better with the goal

Walker 5.5 not a bad player but not a good one either i think, at fault for the goal and needs to be taught the art of defending.
Dawson 6 Not awful on the whole an ok game.
Caulker 6 Not awful on the whole an ok game.
Naughton 6 Again i felt some fault for him for the goal but altough he is played in the wrong position and some of his defending is not good, he seems more intelligent then walker with his positioning and passing.

Lennon 8 Our man of the match and in my opinon our player of the season, better then bale this season not that the media will pick up on it. Love the little man.
Parker 4.5 Lots of decent defensive work but i get so annoyed his running into now where and brick passing
Bale 6.5 some good crosses but no one to get on the end of them sadly

Defoe 5.5 Poor running and control and slow to pull the trigger when we need it.
Dempsey 7.5 gets extra for the goal and non stop running.

Ekotto 5.5 looks rusty.

Lloris - 6.5 - didn't really get tested other than the goal.

Walker - 6 - Poor marking for the goal, I think we need to take him off corners though, his pace got him out of trouble at times, got to love pace.
Dawson - 6.5 - Not sure what he or Walker were doing for the goal, needs to cut out the long ball, crucial block at one stage.
Caulker - 7 - Thought he was pretty solid, didn't do anything wrong, penalty on Rooney but hey it wasn't given, caused trouble for our equaliser.
Naughton - 6 - He's not a left back, today proved that. Would like to see him at right back though, has a good brain on him I feel.

Lennon - 8.5 - Simply superb today. Man of the Match by a distance. Deserved the assist too, great defensive work, and ran United ragged.
Parker - 6 - Wasn't his best game, looked rusty, I hope it's just that because if it isn't, we'll miss Sandro. Got to admire his work rate though, top drawer.
Dembele - 8 - I thought he was class today. Really bossed midfield in the second half.
Bale - 6.5 - Another one who I feel could have done better. Looked better when sticking to the left, at times caused problems, but not enough.

Dempsey - 8 - One of our best players today too. Got stuck in, got his body on the ball, works ridiculously hard, wins free kicks and got that all important equaliser that we deserved.
Defoe - 6 - Really should have scored at least once today. I do like Defoe, but he must be the only player in the team that frustrates me just watching him.

--

Ekotto - 5.5 - Yeah, looked rusty when he come on, out of position a few times and they just passed around him, love his drilled crosses though and his late one ended up causing our goal.
Huddlestone - N/A - Not on long enough.

Last edited:
Lloris - 6

Walker - 5
Caulker - 6
Dawson - 7
Naughton - 6

Lennon - 8
Dembele - 7.5
Parker - 7
Bale - 6

Dempsey - 7
Defoe - 5

Last edited:
Lennon 9
Dembele, Dempsey, Caulker, Dawson 8
Lloris, Walker, Naughton, Parker 7
Bale 6
Defoe 5

How exactly does Lloris warrant a 7 when:

1) He could have done better for the goal.
2) His clearances today were on the whole poor.
3) he had nothing to do.

How after all that can he possibly warrant a 7.

How exactly does Lloris warrant a 7 when:

1) He could have done better for the goal.
2) His clearances today were on the whole poor.
3) he had nothing to do.

How after all that can he possibly warrant a 7.

His sweeping allowed us to play the really high line, even with Dawson.

There was the very good stop low at the near post (from Welbeck?).

Mate there was one moment where he came out to clean up so he didn't even use his "sweeping skills" much today.

Mate there was one moment where he came out to clean up so he didn't even use his "sweeping skills" much today.

TBH Walker could have done better but then plenty of better defenders will get done by Van Persie. Can't see how Llloris is to blame. I think you just have to take your hat off to van persie a little move movement to lose the defenders. Part of the problem was our defenders trying to maintain their line rather than go tight. More annoying was that the Utd player was able to put the cross in completely unchallenged in the first place. By the way watch Taggart go on about the penalty that never was.

Lloris - 6

Walker - 5
Caulker - 6.5
Dawson - 7
Naughton - 6

Lennon - 8
Dembele - 7.5
Parker - 7
Bale - 6.25

Dempsey - 7
Defoe - 5

I'd agree with these ratings but would rate Caulker a little lower. I think he really lacked composure today and looked every bit a mid table team defender.
With Bale, he caused them some problems and wasnt invisible but for a guy who talks about playing abroad for the likes of Barca and Real and who is regarded as a world class player, he was disappointing and completely outshone by Lennon so I'd rate him more harshly as a 5.5.

TBH Walker could have done better but then plenty of better defenders will get done by Van Persie. Can't see how Llloris is to blame. I think you just have to take your hat off to van persie a little move movement to lose the defenders. Part of the problem was our defenders trying to maintain their line rather than go tight. More annoying was that the Utd player was able to put the cross in completely unchallenged in the first place. By the way watch Taggart go on about the penalty that never was.

I'd agree with that, its hard to blame Walker alone as the whole defensive has to take that one as there were 2 players left unmarked to score at the back post and no real pressure on the guy crossing. It was a shambles really as to how easy that goal was.

I'd agree with these ratings but would rate Caulker a little lower. I think he really lacked composure today and looked every bit a mid table team defender.
With Bale, he caused them some problems and wasnt invisible but for a guy who talks about playing abroad for the likes of Barca and Real and who is regarded as a world class player, he was disappointing and completely outshone by Lennon so I'd rate him more harshly as a 5.5.

Hmmm yes you're spot on about Caulker tbh (i'll give him a 6) and Bale probably deserves a 6 too. good post.

Lloris 7 - Couldn't do much with the header from Van Persie and was safe throughout the game

Naughton 6 - Not good, not bad.
Caulker 7,5 - Was impressed with how he dealt with RVP and Rooney.
Dawson 7 - Lost Van Persie for the goal but played with great leadership.
Walker 6,5 - A couple of positional errors but other than a decent game

Bale 6 - Needs to step up in the big games although it was obvious Utd were very focused of closing him down with Cleverley helping out on their right.
Parker 6,5 - Impressive work rate as always but seriously needs to reduce his amount of touches as he slows down the tempo of our game.
Dembele 8 - Great game, just wish he would be more of a threat with his long shots.
Lennon 9 - Superb game against one of the best left backs in the league

Dempsey 7 - Had a poor first half but improved after the break where he looked much more dangerous. Should've scored another goal though.

Defoe 6 - Should also have put one past De Gea.

Great to see a Tottenham team show the collective resolve and determination that ultimately delivered what could at the end of the season prove a critical point.

LLoris 7 - little to do other than pick the ball out of the net, but poor distribution is a worry

Walker 7 - lost his man for the goal but a decent performance otherwise

Dawson 7 - solid

Caulker 7 - lucky not to concede a pen against Rooney, solid otherwise

Naughton 5 - what a relief to see him subbed, not only did he allow Cleverly alarming space down the right for their goal but his distribution was mostly diabolical

Lennon 8 - excellent work-rate throughout and an ever-increasing threat going forward that produced just reward in an assist for the equaliser

Dembele 7 - fought like a terrier for supremacy of the midfield, unlucky not to score

Parker 7 - good to see him back at his busy-busy best, just a shame he offers so little going forward

Bale 6 - snuffed out by United for long periods

Dempsey 7 - deserved his goal for the amount of chances he created

Defoe 6 - some good attempts but needed far too much time to put away his one clear chance

Subs

BAE 6 - clearly lacks match sharpness but improved the balance of the side down the left once he came on; good to see him back

Huddlestone 6 - did okay

FFS do some people live in the real world? We had 57% possession against manure! Yes - f****** 57%. They had one decent chance all game which was converted by their outstanding world class forward. United played an excellent game and none of their players were poor. We continued to press until the last minute and scored in the 93rd minute. We gave them a taste of their own medicine...

And your GRIPE! And MOAN! And give scores of 4.5 and 5!!!! Go get a life!!

What a bunch of pathetic misguided ****####!!!!!

Back