• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Match ratings against evertooon

"Try to keep it objective"?

Caulker was definitely to blame for the defeat. He is very good and very young, but he was to blame yesterday.

You and Glenroyyid have been very critical of Gallas - before the game, during the game, after the game.

Yet I and others thought Gallas had a decent game - Everton were kept at bay for most of the match and Fellaini is one of the hardest guys in the league to defend against so both centre backs did well.

But I don't see how Caulker's contribution for the rest of the game outweighed the calamitous decision to ignore the keeper and only clear the ball a few yards.

Again.

Caulker to blame for the entire defeat? Come off it, mate.

How about a gutless bottle-job defending into our own half and clogging away waves and waves of pressure while aimlessly kicking away the ball without any intention of keeping possession? Or having a new keeper every week for the sake of some fudging pathetic pointless sentiment which improves our communication at the back so much?

Caulker made one mistake which was punished - a poor clearance. Even so - we were SECOND (again) to the loose ball and allowed them to cross the ball nicely and left Peanut completely unmarked. Is that still down to Caulker's poor clearance, mate?

Gallas made around 5 such mistakes during the game which luckly weren't punished.

He has been owned in pretty much every game since Norwich and again, was completely outmuscled by Jelavic yesterday. It was Sandro who dealt with the Belgian, not Gallas and did a decent job to be fair.

We were lucky Mirallas went off injured at half-time as he was busy laying the nut onto Verts and Dempsey in his impersonation of a left winger.

Last edited:
Lloris 8 did well some vital stops, couldn't have done much with the goals
Walker 7 thought he did pretty well
Caulker 5 vital mistake and wasn't his best match before that either
Gallas 7 credit where its due he played very well imo
Vertonghen 6 decent going forward but caught out too much
Lennon 5 anonymous
Sandro 6 did ok
Dembele 7 looked class would have liked to see him go forward a little more
Dempsey MOM 8 vital goal and basically looked our only threat all day
Defoe 5.5 worked hard but just couldn't get involved
Adebayor 4 didn't look bothered, kept dropping really deep and slowing up our play

Annoying to throw away the win, but we didn't really do enough to deserve the win either in my view. A draw would have been a fair result. It's not like last year where we were robbed after laying siege to their goal for an entire half and not scoring.

Lloris 7
Walker 7
Gallas 7
Caulker 5
Verts 6
Lennon 6
Sandro 7
Dembele 6
Dempsey 7 - Our MOTM
Ade - 5
Defoe - 5

Hudd - 6 (his passing became erratic but he was trying to play it early all the time and that did lead to our goal)
Sig - 6
Falque - N/A

Ridiculous markings. AVB 9 - are you watching the same game as the rest of us. His tactics were barking. His substitutions were madness. He ceded the initiative and once again invited Everton to take the points with his negativity. He doesnt seem to learn this tactic just doesnt work with our mentality.

i just heard the stat that we would be TOP if the games ended at 80 minutes. That is all down to the management, tactics, training, menality, substitutions, free kick and corner incompetence. Who would you say is responsible for that lot?

Cheatski also dropped 19 pts from late goals conceded last season. I can't decide if this is a pattern emerging, mindset/fitness of the players or just damned bad luck.

Well, simply put... we weren't very good, we took a undeserved lead, 3 of our best players this season (Lennon, Defoe, Dembele) go off, we got even worse and then they scored 2 goals in injury time. Quite a few things which normally point to the manager there, but it doesnt have to be his fault... only problem is that seems to be a very regular set of events this season.

The times when you sort of say "ok we lost but the manager couldnt have done a lot more" are the occasions where you play really well, have 20 shots on goal but just one of those days when nothing goes in. Even easier to say it if the team has been playing really well during most games.

Thank you Golf. Well expressed.

Who would you say is redpinsible for the initial 80 minutes?

I have been banging on about our last 10 minutes in games for ages. The fact is that we cant close games out. We would be top if we could.

By going all negative, ceding possession, inviting teams to come onto us and produce relentless streams of attacks results in us losing points. It cost us yestereday, against Norwich, West Brom, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, and I am sure other games as well. We were also extremely fortunate at Man U and Southampton too where we hung on for grim death and just survived.

Yesterday luck was not on our side. But is it luck or is it our tactic? It is happening too often to be just luck. And also - when did we last turn one point into three in the last ten minutes? Certainly not under AVB. He needs to re-evaluate his strategy in this regard and fast.

Lloris - 8 - I thought he was good. Superb save in the second half and in all honesty couldn't do nothing with either goals.

Walker - 6.5 - He seems to be getting back to his best but today he was poor. In fact our whole right side was, constantly getting beat and letting crosses into the box. Wasn't one of his better games from recent weeks.

Gallas - 7 - In my opinion he wasn't bad at all today, probably our best defender. Crucial blocks, organizing the defence and didn't really give away much like he usually does, for a 35 year old that isn't bad.

Caulker - 6.5 - I am one of his biggest fans but to not listen to Lloris call again is flimflam at this level. No idea why he hasn't learnt from the mistake. I hope Lloris gave him a right gonad*ing at the time and after the game, school boy errors costing us 3 points.

Vertonghen - 6.5 - Can't really say much other than he isn't a full back. Dempsey and Defoe both did there best to help Verts out defensively, yes DEFOE! Great on the ball, yes. But when it comes to bossing the whole left there is only one man for that job.

Lennon - 5 - Very poor game from him just couldn't get in it at all. Got Baines booked but only really due to the fact he is quicker than him. Didn't ONCE attack the defence and gave the ball away in stupid positions at times.

Dembele - 7.5 - He is so good for us in midfield. So strong, great technique, great work rate, his positional sense for defending is very good and his tackling is awesome. He went off and we didn't have anyone on the pitch capable of keeping on to the ball. I hope he isn't injured, luckily we get a full weeks rest until our next game against Swansea. A game where he would be vital.

Sandro - 7.5 - Man of the match competition between him and Dembele. Sandro has been our best player this season bar none. You can stick your Bales and your Defoes. This man is the fudging real deal seriously. We kept Fellaini quiet all game, well Sandro did. Some great tackles and nearly scored. I just get the genuine belief that he loves the club. Which is good because we all love him

Dempsey - 7.5 - Superb work rate once again today. Wins free kicks but we were never going to make them count with Walker taking them (wtf?). Scored another goal in successive games for us, just a shame it wasn't another one of his winners. Play him on the left and he seems to score. Finally winning people over, including me.

Adebayor - 5 - One of those Adebayor games. I mean he was superb against City (imo), superb against Arsenal too, gets sent off, was okay against Panathinaikos even though it didn't look like he wanted to be out there and then he goes and pulls that performance out when we needed it most. In all honesty he doesn't deserve a start against Swansea but I remember him ripping them last year.

Defoe - 5.5 - Mixed bag again from Defoe. I usually like the two playing together but it really wasn't working today. Two far apart as a partnership (dont really think it was 2 up top though), no link up play between the two. Work rate though as usual was excellent and he isn't afraid to put a foot in. Just wasn't in the game enough.

Seeing the light??

Seeing the light??

What because he was poor for one game? I love Lennon he wasnt good yesterday but doesnt make him a brick player all of a sudden. The guy defended a great deal and he has been defending a hell of a lot this season I am presuming to make up for the right back we have.

What because he was poor for one game? I love Lennon he wasnt good yesterday but doesnt make him a brick player all of a sudden. The guy defended a great deal and he has been defending a hell of a lot this season I am presuming to make up for the right back we have.

I am not saying (and have never said) he is a brick player. Quite the reverse. I believe he has all the attributes to be a great player. However, I have been saying that he needs to contribute more going forward - particularly without Bale. We looked toothless yesterday.

I am not saying (and have never said) he is a brick player. Quite the reverse. I believe he has all the attributes to be a great player. However, I have been saying that he needs to contribute more going forward - particularly without Bale. We looked toothless yesterday.

Bale can go forward because he has a better defender behind him than Lennon has. I am certain that AVB has told him to stay back defending a bit more.

Bale can go forward because he has a better defender behind him than Lennon has. I am certain that AVB has told him to stay back defending a bit more.

I think we will see a Willan style player coming in to give Lennon a run for his money. At the present there is just no-one else that can play RM in the entire club. Shocking state of affairs really. No?

I think we will see a Willan style player coming in to give Lennon a run for his money. At the present there is just no-one else that can play RM in the entire club. Shocking state of affairs really. No?

Im not saying they are up to the same standard but i think giving townsend or falque a go when one of the main players is tiring/injured/having a bad day would be wise. I think that is the point of having a youth reserve team and they both have the legs to hurt teams on the break.

I have been banging on about our last 10 minutes in games for ages. The fact is that we cant close games out. We would be top if we could.

By going all negative, ceding possession, inviting teams to come onto us and produce relentless streams of attacks results in us losing points. It cost us yestereday, against Norwich, West Brom, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, and I am sure other games as well. We were also extremely fortunate at Man U and Southampton too where we hung on for grim death and just survived.

Yesterday luck was not on our side. But is it luck or is it our tactic? It is happening too often to be just luck. And also - when did we last turn one point into three in the last ten minutes? Certainly not under AVB. He needs to re-evaluate his strategy in this regard and fast.

So the fact that we can't close games out means we should stop trying to learn how to?

The top sides can do all of it. They can close games out or they can accelerate. They are multi-dimensional.

You're not going to wait and see if he can learn how to help us close out games? Because currently that has been the only thing between us and the top of the table, never mind the top four. Based on that i'd say fudge it, take the rest of the season and try and work it out. If he can get the final ten minutes down we're going to be getting some pretty good results in the future.

We haven't turned one point into three in the last ten minutes very often, mostly because going into the last ten minutes we have tended to be in front in our games. Would you rather we stopped this so we could score and claim points late on?

Last edited:
Still gutted - but will try and keep it objective

Lloris - 7 - solid hands

Walker - 7 - little wrong
Gallas - 5 - shockorama
Caulker - 6 - ok
Verts - 7 - unlucky not to score

Lennon - 6 - completely neutralised by the excellent Baines
Sandro - 7 - beast
Dembele - 7 - MotM
Demspey - 7 - vital goal, great graft

Defoe - 6 - worked hard
Ade - 5 - poor

Hudd - 6 - some neat passes
Sigurdsson - 6 - almost scored

This 100%

I actually thought that we were playing a type of 3-5-1-1 formation at times and that allowed Colman and Pienaar to get into the game. I agree with those posters who have applauded AVB's substitutions.
I admire AVB for the respect that he has shown for the Europa League, but we looked tired towards the end of the game.

@Pirate55 are we going to see your ratings or are you waiting for someone to post them for you again? ;)

Last edited:
This 100%

I actually thought that we were playing a type of 3-5-1-1 formation at times and that allowed Colman and Pienaar to get into the game. I agree with those posters who have applauded AVB's substitutions.
I admire AVB for the respect that he has shown for the Europa League, but we looked tired towards the end of the game.

We were lucky Mirallas went off injured as he was busy exposing (along with Coleman) our lack of left winger

Back