• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Match ratings against evertooon

Danishfurniturelover

the prettiest spice girl
Truth be told i only saw first half before the stream went and then i was listening on radio london so i shall not give a rating as it wont be fair.

I quite like everton obviously i wanted us to win but if we cant get top 4 i hope they do. They are always hard to beat if a little physical i sometimes feel. Anyway as soon as i saw gallas on the team sheet i thought oh well.

Anyone who watched the whole game tell me how he played?

Are we looking tired after our europa league action? i thought we did at the end of last season and arry played a lot of the kids. Will be interesting to see ho we fair after xmas. I know people say you should be able to play a couple of games a week but if the players are a little less then 100% while the other team are 100% then i know what will happen.

Anyway as it is a hard place to go and we only last 2-1 i say not a bad effort.

Lloris 8 - Quick off his line, vitally at times.
Walker 7 - Did well. One horrible pass in the 2nd half that sticks out.
Gallas 7.5 - Can't think of anything he did wrong. Made some solid clearances.
Caulker 6 - Did well enough, but then came the last 5 minutes.
Vertonghen 5 - Our left side was wide open for Everton to attack.
Lennon 7 - Worked hard defensively.
Sandro 7 - Solid.
Dembele 7 - See Sandro.
Dempsey 7 - If he was supposed to play on the left he didn't do a very good job there, but scored and as usual won a lot free kicks.
Ade 6 - Could have played better, but wasn't getting much help. Often got the ball surrounded by Everton players. Got more involved in the second half. Helped out at defensive set pieces.
Defoe 4 - Did he play?

AVB 9 - We conceded a lot of space to their wingers, but if it wasn't for some individual errors we would have won. Withstood what pressure they had in the 1st half, improved in the 2nd. Not much more he could have done, not a lot of other options available.

Lloris 8

Walker 7
Gallas 7
Caulker 7
Vertonghen 7

Lennon 6
Sandro 8
Dembele 8
Dempsey 7

Ade 5
Defoe 5

From my stream and from what I saw

Ade was pretty shocking
Walker was actually half decent
Dempsey was good again
Lennon spent a lot of time defending
Thudd changed the game

Ade was pretty shocking
Dempsey was good again
Thudd changed the game

Moving Dembele out the right changed the game. Hudd himself ended up with shocking stats today. 58% passing success for a player brought on to keep possession.

Ade was pretty shocking
Dempsey was good again
Thudd changed the game

Thought he was much better in the second half, but he also had a shocking first half.

Agree with all the other stuff. Not a bad game and a draw would've been a fair result. AVB has to work on closing down games, as something is definately not clicking in that area.

How do two individual errors impact on what AVB did or could have done?

Better use of tactics, substitutions, shout at them, maybe they wouldn't have made those errors or not be in that situation in the first place.

Lloris 7 - Good performance

Walker 7 - Once again a decent performance and at the moment the best set piece taker.
Gallas 7 - Thought he played well
Caulker 6,5 - Was brilliant for most of the game, but made a very poor clearing for their equaliser.
Vertonghen 6,5 - Good going forward, but they created too much down his side.

Lennon 6 - Wasn't a threat
Sandro 7 - Solid as always
Dembele 7 - Looks so comfortable when in posession, although he did make some sloppy passes. Absolutely vital that he'll recover for the christmas period.
Dempsey 7 - Once again a decent perfomance

Ade - 6 Worst player on the pitch in the first half, but definately improved after the break with some decent hold up play.
Defoe 5 - Just one of those games. When he's not on the score sheet you wonder why he's on the team. On the other hand you know he's always capable of producing a goal or two.

Moving Dembele out the right changed the game. Hudd himself ended up with shocking stats today. 58% passing success for a player brought on to keep possession.

Im not one to focus on the stats - im more judging based on what I saw. Maybe the fact he came on we had a better shape to us? I dont know but he seemed to find some good passes

Dont forget his stats will be affected by the fact that everton were pushing last ten minutes so we had to just get rid of the ball and im sure we were starting to hit it long etc. We were also pegged back which meant he didnt have possible passes on. So many factors in reading those stats

Im not one to focus on the stats - im more judging based on what I saw. Maybe the fact he came on we had a better shape to us? I dont know but he seemed to find some good passes

Dont forget his stats will be affected by the fact that everton were pushing last ten minutes so we had to just get rid of the ball and im sure we were starting to hit it long etc. We were also pegged back which meant he didnt have possible passes on. So many factors in reading those stats

Fair enough but you can't praise a player for a tactical change. Livermore or Carroll would have done a similar or better job.

Fair enough but you can't praise a player for a tactical change. Livermore or Carroll would have done a similar or better job.

Ill tell you why I think he did - because when he came on we did hold on the ball better and created a bit. As usual though we started sitting back deeper and deeper (following that good period) and thats when things went tits up and passes became long hoofs and the calm in defence became panic.

Carroll may have done as much but definitely not livermore.

carroll needs to play as he is the one who keeps the ball best for us, hudd can open defences but it is carroll already who is the besst in the team at keeping the ball for us and that is what we needed especailly when we are trying to defend a lead.

carroll needs to play as he is the one who keeps the ball best for us, hudd can open defences but it is carroll already who is the besst in the team at keeping the ball for us and that is what we needed especailly when we are trying to defend a lead.

Ive mentioned this before and will mention it again... it aint the person passing the ball that makes the pass but the movement. If we have no movement you can put Xavi in there and he will struggle. The last ten mins we had set up to camp in our third of the pitch and that I suppose is the issue. Its not even setting up like that its the mentality of the players

Have to say as a stout champion of Hudd in recent threads I'd have preferred to see Carroll coming on instead. The little terrier would have put much more energy into it, whereas Hudd these days seems alarmingly prone to rustiness once he's missed a few games.

Ive mentioned this before and will mention it again... it aint the person passing the ball that makes the pass but the movement. If we have no movement you can put Xavi in there and he will struggle. The last ten mins we had set up to camp in our third of the pitch and that I suppose is the issue. Its not even setting up like that its the mentality of the players

Which is exactly why we miss Modric.

Lloris 8 - Quick off his line, vitally at times.
Walker 7 - Did well. One horrible pass in the 2nd half that sticks out.
Gallas 7.5 - Can't think of anything he did wrong. Made some solid clearances.
Caulker 6 - Did well enough, but then came the last 5 minutes.
Vertonghen 5 - Our left side was wide open for Everton to attack.
Lennon 7 - Worked hard defensively.
Sandro 7 - Solid.
Dembele 7 - See Sandro.
Dempsey 7 - If he was supposed to play on the left he didn't do a very good job there, but scored and as usual won a lot free kicks.
Ade 6 - Could have played better, but wasn't getting much help. Often got the ball surrounded by Everton players. Got more involved in the second half. Helped out at defensive set pieces.
Defoe 4 - Did he play?

AVB 9 - We conceded a lot of space to their wingers, but if it wasn't for some individual errors we would have won. Withstood what pressure they had in the 1st half, improved in the 2nd. Not much more he could have done, not a lot of other options available.

Ridiculous markings. AVB 9 - are you watching the same game as the rest of us. His tactics were barking. His substitutions were madness. He ceded the initiative and once again invited Everton to take the points with his negativity. He doesnt seem to learn this tactic just doesnt work with our mentality.

i just heard the stat that we would be TOP if the games ended at 80 minutes. That is all down to the management, tactics, training, menality, substitutions, free kick and corner incompetence. Who would you say is responsible for that lot?

Which is exactly why we miss Modric.

Well modric did have great movement but there are nine other outfield players. I saw Modric as the passer so its the others that need to run around a bit. Anyways we do desperately miss him - he was the heart beat.

Moutinho it is in all seriousness.

Werent people on here suggesting that Dembele was brought to replace Modric? No way. We need a Moutinho. Dembele is a ball carrier but not a modric. Moutinho is a modric.

Back