• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Match ratings against evertooon

I was only able to watch on a stuttering rivulet that eventually petered out into more of a billabong, so I won't attempt ratings, but I feel some people have been over-harsh on Caulker in the circumstances. He might have heard Lloris's call and he might not. If he did, he had a split second in a crowded box to decide whether it was actually Lloris behind him or whether it might have been a bogus call from an opposing player, and your first job as a defender in that position is to take responsibility. If in doubt, launch it, as Hansen always says. In the event, he fluffed the clearance badly, but that can happen, and he shouldn't be held unfairly to account over it in my book.

I was only able to watch on a stuttering rivulet that eventually petered out into more of a billabong, so I won't attempt ratings, but I feel some people have been over-harsh on Caulker in the circumstances. He might have heard Lloris's call and he might not. If he did, he had a split second in a crowded box to decide whether it was actually Lloris behind him or whether it might have been a bogus call from an opposing player, and your first job as a defender in that position is to take responsibility. If in doubt, launch it, as Hansen always says. In the event, he fluffed the clearance badly, but that can happen, and he shouldn't be held unfairly to account over it in my book.

I have tried to make the same point. I heard a scream on MOTD. I did not hear "MINE!"

The manager needs to get this sorted. When BAE comes back there are more French speakers than English in our defence.

I have tried to make the same point. I heard a scream on MOTD. I did not hear "MINE!"

The manager needs to get this sorted. When BAE comes back there are more French speakers than English in our defence.

Apparently you're not allowed to shout mine..

I forget who posted the 'rules' though..

Yes - but technically speaking there is not rule against the word itself but more to do with the 'aim' of the action - i.e. the outcome

Everton (A) 2-1

Something bizarre came out of this game, I'm not talking about conceding two goals in the 90th minute to lose it and allowing Everton to leapfrog us into 4th, no, I'm talking about the voting. Sure, it's been known for GG to give higher ratings to a game, normally not by much but for TFC to get more votes in? Not since the first game of the season has this happened! After the embarassment of only getting 3 votes in for the Panathinaikos (H) game TFC can hold it's head up high once more. Oh and a warm welcome to all the new voters, many more than in previous weeks.

Anyway, enough crap. To the ratings.

A first defeat since the abomination that was Arsenal (A) three weeks ago however with a season average game rating of 6.23, very similar to the 6.26 when we lost to Norwich (A) in the League Cup. Lowest score given was 5.18 and highest was 6.82.

May as well start with the negatives. Our strike force was brick, Defoe anonymous, Adebayor even worse apparently. Caulker gets his lowest rating of the season with 5.80 (previously 5.82 vs Lazio away), for being at fault for one of the goals, and noone was capable of putting in an over-7.5 rating in this match, in fact only two players managed an over-7. Defoe joins Dempsey with the most sub-5.5 performances in a season with 7, which makes that a third of his games. Adebayor's fifth sub-5.5 of the season (in 11 games no less) earns him his second worst player of the match award for the season. Looking at the standard deviation, Gallas and Huddlestone split opinion in this game.

Positives? Dembele's third MOTM award of the season, amazingly all 3 have now not been over-7.5 performances. Walker, Dempsey and Sigurdsson continue to maintain decent form, or at least above season average form for them. Any other positives? Well, Arsenal lost to League Two Bradford in the League Cup this mid-week so that's made the week that much better plus we've had a mid-week break which should hopefully help freshen things up for the match vs Swansea at home, who they themselves had a mid-week League Cup tie.

Whoscored.com scores? I hear you ask, here's the link for more detail into them, I will leave any further commentary for those to Mr. Green from here on as I don't have the time myself, feel free to chip in - http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/61...nd-Premier-League-2012-2013-Everton-Tottenham

OX8GO.jpg

Last edited:
Back