• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mata to utd. Draxler to arsenal. Are we fu**ed?

You're right, winning breeds a mentality and what can be better than putting one over your oldest rivals. Wenger has used the CL qualifications the last two seasons to instil belief in his team. In the past he had league titles etc. Had he not had CL I truly believe it would have been the end for him at arsenal.

On Jan 4th it looked to me like every single person affiliated with arsenal from player to fan was tuned in to beat us. Literally salivating to get one over us and we by contrast were the very opposite hence the performance.

You don't think about arsenal? fair enough but are you from these parts? I'll be interested to know if you don't mind me asking.

It wouldn't mean anything. You know how much little faith I have in our club? If we were to finish 2nd and Arsenal finish 5th. I'd actually STILL be confident that Arsenal would finish above us the following year. Winners bring a winning mentality. We've had a lack of winners in our team. One of the most underrated signings Mancini made at Emirates Marketing Project was Patrick Vieira in my view. He was a winner, a fighter. He come in, clearly no where near as good as he used to be, but he was a winner. He come in, they won the FA Cup and that opened everything. You could say that they BOUGHT the title and to a certain extent they did, they spent a load of money and they won the league, but we've spent ALOT of money and we barely get fourth, why? because we don't buy winners, we don't buy well.

I don't think about Arsenal, no. Why would I? I'm not an Arsenal fan. I'm not infatuated with them like many Spurs fans are. It's like a lot of Spurs fans care more about seeing Arsenal fail then seeing their club succeed and don't get me wrong, Arsenal fans are exactly the same. I was born and raised in London, not North London mind you, but I was still surrounded by Arsenal fans.

Perfect post! Exactly the point. Why are we letting other teams strengthen. Thers no reason why we should be happy with 6th when the opportunity is there to go beyond these teams. If it doesnt happen now it may never happen, football isnt like championship manager where you can re start the game - now is the time to buy more players. We havnt spent any money considering the bale sale so cash is not an excuse.

why are arsenal light years ahead? our back 4 and keeper is better player for player and so is our strikers. we should be siezing the opportunity and show ambition/smarts. weve signed many big players before under the noses of bigger teams before. gascoigne, bale, modric to name a few.

why are we letting david "no clue" moyes buy shaw when we NEED a left back.

if the excuse is finance - we have the cash
if the excuse is were not as big then if we sit back and do nothing we will eventually be even smaller. utd are more in trouble now than they have ever been. its now or never

there is no excuse

We've got to build the stadium.

Arsenal have been handicapped for 10 years while they've been paying for theirs, but Wenger was smarter than everyone else and got them through it pretty unscathed.

Now is our turn. AVB was supposed to be the man who got us through it, nicking CL by being smarter than the better resourced clubs. But now we're a bit screwed so will maybe have to settled for 10 years of 6th places.

if we buy shaw (strengthening us, weakening utd) another striker and a top class centre back then we can compete. whats a stadium have to do with who we buy??? we always buy, its about buying smart and not letting everyone else get ahead. stop using the stadium as excuses for our lack of smart moves and forsight. winning games is what elevates clubs!!!! not stadiums. this is football not a concert

if all of a sudden we were given the nou camp would that make us win more games????
players on the pitch win games!!! not how many chairs there are

Last edited:
if we buy shaw (strengthening us, weakening utd) another striker and a top class centre back then we can compete. whats a stadium have to do with who we buy??? we always buy, its about buying smart and not letting everyone else get ahead. stop using the stadium as excuses for our lack of smart moves and forsight. winning games is what elevates clubs!!!! not stadiums. this is football not a concert

if all of a sudden we were given the nou camp would that make us win more games????
players win games!!!

Where is this £70m coming from then? Selling Sandro, Verts and Lloris?

Or shall we just double the price of everyone's tickets?

Arsenal make more than £1m a week more than us because they can sell twice as many tickets as us because their ground is twice the size. That pays for an Ozil, or for their £50m pa bigger wage bill.

Last edited:

players on the pitch win games!!! not how many chairs there are

Bigger stadium -> More money -> Better players.

Where is this £70m coming from then? Selling Sandro, Verts and Lloris?

Or shall we just double the price of everyone's tickets?

Arsenal make more than £1m a week more than us because they can sell twice as many tickets as us because their ground is half a week. That pays for an Ozil, or for their £50m pa bigger wage bill.

???
1)we spent zero in the summer! if we didnt sell bale we would still have about 50m to spend as levy always backs the managers. the players we did buy was from the bale money so the default money we would have had anyway hasnt been used yet!

2)regardless of the above, do you know who our owners are??? we have one of the few billionaire owners. just cos they are not celebrities like abramovic or the glaziers dont kid yourself.

???
1)we spent zero in the summer! if we didnt sell bale we would still have about 50m to spend as levy always backs the managers. the players we did buy we used the bale money so the default money we would have had anyway hasnt been used yet!

2)regardless of the above, do you know who our owners are??? we have one of the few billionaire owners. just cos we are not in the papers every day like abramovic or the glaziers dont kid yourself.

We spent zero in the summer for a reason.

Bigger stadium -> More money -> Better players.

again - we buy anyway but we buy a lot of ****. we need smarter moves. chadli for example a non player - 7m down the drain. soldado 26m - what a fuc**ng joke. and so on and so on.
with our resources we should do much better

???
1)we spent zero in the summer! if we didnt sell bale we would still have about 50m to spend as levy always backs the managers. the players we did buy we used the bale money so the default money we would have had anyway hasnt been used yet!

2)regardless of the above, do you know who our owners are??? we have one of the few billionaire owners. just cos we are not in the papers every day like abramovic or the glaziers dont kid yourself.

We've had zero net spend over the past 13 windows/6.5 years. We've not really thrown money at the team since the Bale/Bent/Kaboul window (summer 2007).

City and Chelsea are the only clubs that run at significant operating loses/are funded by sugar daddies. All the rest of our rivals are run as businesses. They spend more than us because their income is far bigger than us.

Joe Lewis reportedly doesn't even like football that much. He just indulges his son's best mate (Levy) a bit.

We've spent £310m and recouped £320m over the past 5.5 seasons. I don't think you can realistically expect to improve greatly in this climate without spending some of your own cash on top of that. It's fanciful talk to suggest we've got a big bag of gold locked away for a rainy day.

We've spent £310m and recouped £320m over the past 5.5 seasons. I don't think you can realistically expect to improve greatly in this climate without spending some of your own cash on top of that. It's fanciful talk to suggest we've got a big bag of gold locked away for a rainy day.

Agreed.

To some extent I think we do. I reckon a decent 1/4 of the funds for the stadium have already been squirrelled away.

completely wrong way of looking at things. the money recouped is for the balance sheet. whether we recoupe £320m or 32pence that is a separate equation and doesnt take away from the fact we have had 310m worth of players come in to the club. the question is could another club of done better with that 310m and the answer is probably yes. thats what we need to understand. we are not identifying (bar a few examples) the right talent at the right price at the right times.

there is no way in hell we should have spent 26million on soldado. he is and never was and never will be worth that money. thats just one example

26 plus 7 for chadli is 32 million pounds!!!! WASTED

Last edited:
again - we buy anyway but we buy a lot of ****. we need smarter moves. chadli for example a non player - 7m down the drain. soldado 26m - what a fuc**ng joke. and so on and so on.
with our resources we should do much better

You understand that we aren't at the top of the best players lists right veron??

Our only chance of getting top players to come to us so that we can fight for the top spots is to either:

1) Take a punt on a good young prospect that no one else will risk, for instance Modric, who Wenger said didn't have the physical strength to mix it in the prem or Berba for a mid ranged fee.
2) Take on someone elses cast offs because the club can't afford to keep them as back ups (VdV, Ade).
3) Produce our own youth prospects.
4) Play in the Champions League and attract better players.

City are where they are because they offered obscene wages to players that were too good for them at the time. Without their money "the project" as they like to call it wouldn't have happened, as none of those players would've wasted a couple of years of their career at a mid table club with big ambitions.

Arsenal despite not having a sugar daddy kept up with the rest by making sure they had Champions League football, yes Wenger's coaching is a massive part of their success but I have no doubt that players like Cazorla would have gone elsewhere if they couldn't offer him the biggest stage to play on.

Liverpool have been canny in the transfer market like us, taking on players that are young or risky. Suarez was quality but when Liverpool went in for him not many of Europes elite were trying to gazump them? Sturridge and Coutinho too are great prospects, that may turn into world class players, but they aren't established world beaters yet. This system with Rodgers' philosophy could work, but if they fail this season and the next then they will find themselves in a similar position to ourselves, with the vultures looking to pick off their best players and them needing to start all over again.

I have no doubt that if we get ECL football this year we can upgrade a few positions and start rebuilding the stadium. We need a team of top youngsters to come through and develop into world beaters whilst being able to offer them everything but stupid wages. At the moment we have two more years before Eriksen and Lamela get picked off because we haven't been able to fight at the very top. Hopefully the Bale money injection will aid us in the long term, but the club needs more to survive long term else all we will see will be the revolving door.

To some extent I think we do. I reckon a decent 1/4 of the funds for the stadium have already been squirrelled away.

Fantastic. At that rate, we've only got another 16.5 years to go before we've squirreled away enough to begin construction!

Sigh.

completely wrong way of looking at things. the money recouped is for the balance sheet. whether we recoupe £320m or 32pence that is a separate equation and doesnt take away from the fact we have had 310m worth of players come in to the club. the question is could another club of done better with that 310m and the answer is probably yes. thats what we need to understand. we are not identifying (bar a few examples) the right talent at the right price at the right times.

there is no way in hell we should have spent 26million on soldado. he is and never was and never will be worth that money. thats just one example

Perhaps we should use some other examples:

Carrick - signed for £2.5m, sold for £18.6m
Keane - signed for £7m, sold for £20m
Berbatov - signed for £10.9m, sold for £30.75m
Modric - signed for £16.5m, sold for £33m
Bale - signed for £7m, sold for £85.3m

a lot of our more recent signings could be sold on for a big profit too - Lloris, Walker, Vertonghen, Sandro, Eriksen etc and others signed for little money like Lennon and Rose could be sold for a lot more. On the whole we have done very well in our transfer dealings, there's no point saying "if only we could've had them all together" as we wouldn't have signed the subsequent players without selling the ones beforehand for a big profit. We haven't spent our own money for a good six or so years now, we recoup and we buy again.

Back