• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Marcus Edwards

I read that as pretty positive news. He’s improved, needs some strengthening work, is now in full training (he had a niggly back injury?) and is expected to feature in the next few weeks.
That’s good isn’t it?

Let's hope so. I just wish that they didn't have to measure any praise by implying that he's an immature prick.

Not trying to slate them at all, just pointing out the obvious.

We have facilities on par with the best in the world, the chances of Norwich being close to comparable are slim.

It could be very easy for a young lad to come across as a rooster simply by being immature such that he lacks a bit of tact - no offence intended but bad impression made all the same. Thats all Im saying, trying to spot a little glimpse of light in an otherwise bad sounding situation.

The fact he was loaned there tells you that Poch already felt he had some extra learning to do. I had heard (as perhaps we all had) that he felt he was BBB and Poch tried to advise him to tailor his attitude. It “appears” that there are some unhelpful people around him. It feels as though this is going to be another of “those” stories. Hope I am wrong on all counts.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I heard Marcus snuck into Delia's kitchen and jizzed on her lemon drizzle cakes, hence he's out of favour (she prefers her drizzle sweet, not salty).

I heard Marcus snuck into Delia's kitchen and jizzed on her lemon drizzle cakes, hence he's out of favour (she prefers her drizzle sweet, not salty).

Sorry FAIL .... teller of jokes "where are you? Let's be having you"

All the 'he's a bit of a immature rooster' is just old wives tales. I think it's more to do with him toughening up. I'm not sure what Edwards weights, but he doesn't have Kane's ability to put it about, which can really help a younger player establish himself. Edwards will always be light weight, and that is his strength. He will be able to out maneuver defenders. But he can also be knocked off the ball. It all depends on whether refs take into account his lighter weight or let shoulder charges on him go. The kid has ability, but needs to settle in a side and be appreciated.

All the 'he's a bit of a immature rooster' is just old wives tales. I think it's more to do with him toughening up. I'm not sure what Edwards weights, but he doesn't have Kane's ability to put it about, which can really help a younger player establish himself. Edwards will always be light weight, and that is his strength. He will be able to out maneuver defenders. But he can also be knocked off the ball. It all depends on whether refs take into account his lighter weight or let shoulder charges on him go. The kid has ability, but needs to settle in a side and be appreciated.

@parklane1 says that he has been told it first hand.

Whatever happens, it's a salutory lesson about hyping up young players.

IF indeed there is an attitude issue then in many ways it is hardly surprising.
- For the last few years he had been feted as the best in the country in his age group (I'm as culpable here - I'd never even seen him play and I've repeated that to other people, Spurs and non-Spurs);
- He's had clubs (Emirates Marketing Project? others?) trying to tempt him with big money contracts;
- He's been called mini-Messi by Poch (even though we know that wasn't a direct comparison, it's an easy tag not only for the media to hook onto - but also for a young player to hook onto);
- He's had fans singing his name when he's barely played for the first team (thinking of the crowd at Fulham away last year singing his name as he walked around the pitch with KWP).
All that is going to give him a sense of importance.

Maybe Spurs have also been a bit guilty of indulging the hype, because, for good reason, we wanted to keep him.

It would take a pretty strong character I think not to have your head turned by all of the accolades and expectation.
Let's hope that the Norwich loan will help him recognise that talent alone is not going to be enough and that he is in an environment that will be supportive, whilst dishing out some 'tough love'.

Whatever happens, it's a salutory lesson about hyping up young players.

IF indeed there is an attitude issue then in many ways it is hardly surprising.
- For the last few years he had been feted as the best in the country in his age group (I'm as culpable here - I'd never even seen him play and I've repeated that to other people, Spurs and non-Spurs);
- He's had clubs (Emirates Marketing Project? others?) trying to tempt him with big money contracts;
- He's been called mini-Messi by Poch (even though we know that wasn't a direct comparison, it's an easy tag not only for the media to hook onto - but also for a young player to hook onto);
- He's had fans singing his name when he's barely played for the first team (thinking of the crowd at Fulham away last year singing his name as he walked around the pitch with KWP).
All that is going to give him a sense of importance.

Maybe Spurs have also been a bit guilty of indulging the hype, because, for good reason, we wanted to keep him.

It would take a pretty strong character I think not to have your head turned by all of the accolades and expectation.
Let's hope that the Norwich loan will help him recognise that talent alone is not going to be enough and that he is in an environment that will be supportive, whilst dishing out some 'tough love'.

I think he is being given enough carrots so now comes the stick...

It’s up to him to decide if he wants to be a footballer or be a world class player

Two different journeys to take

But both need the right attitude

Back