• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Marcus Edwards

Calling Norwich "a small club" is bloody out of order!
Some of our fans are acting like Man United rabble!

Easy tiger, nothing of the sort going on. They are a relatively small club, especially by comparison. Thats not said with a sneer, it simply is what it is.

A club from the middle of nowhere, family run, relatively small.

Of course, they are a bigger club than many, but thats just the pyramid for you.

As I said, the family is from there, many still supporters and I very much share a soft spot for them.

However, going from our facilities to theirs? Chalk and cheese. I was just pointing out it could come across badly even if not intended were he to comment as such.

Essentially Im desperately looking for a reason for him to NOT be what he looks like...

The fact he was loaned there tells you that Poch already felt he had some extra learning to do. I had heard (as perhaps we all had) that he felt he was BBB and Poch tried to advise him to tailor his attitude. It “appears” that there are some unhelpful people around him. It feels as though this is going to be another of “those” stories. Hope I am wrong on all counts.

I hope you are wrong too. I know how it looks, it would just be a massive disappointment if thats how it is.

All the 'he's a bit of a immature rooster' is just old wives tales. I think it's more to do with him toughening up. I'm not sure what Edwards weights, but he doesn't have Kane's ability to put it about, which can really help a younger player establish himself. Edwards will always be light weight, and that is his strength. He will be able to out maneuver defenders. But he can also be knocked off the ball. It all depends on whether refs take into account his lighter weight or let shoulder charges on him go. The kid has ability, but needs to settle in a side and be appreciated.

It never stopped Defoe, Lennon or Micky Hazard making an impression, can't hide behind I'm only little, you have to step up, its easier now than a few years ago.

Easy tiger, nothing of the sort going on. They are a relatively small club, especially by comparison. Thats not said with a sneer, it simply is what it is.

A club from the middle of nowhere, family run, relatively small.

Of course, they are a bigger club than many, but thats just the pyramid for you.

As I said, the family is from there, many still supporters and I very much share a soft spot for them.

However, going from our facilities to theirs? Chalk and cheese. I was just pointing out it could come across badly even if not intended were he to comment as such.

Essentially Im desperately looking for a reason for him to NOT be what he looks like...

I detest this big club small club frame of reference however it's spun. We hear it from Chelsea and United fans all the time.

Maybe its part of the problem with the Marcus Edwards's of this world and their distorted impression of their own importance.

Last edited:
I detest this big club small club frame of reference however it's spun. We hear it from Chelsea and United fans all the time.

Maybe its part of the problem with the Marcus Edwards's of this world and their distorted impression of their own importance.

I suppose it depends what you infer from it.

For me it is a statement of fact, we are a bigger club than Norwich in every measurable way.

Thats not to say I think poorly of Norwich, I infer nothing negative from it, its a simple observation.

United are a bigger club than us. Theres no argument, and again its an observation rather than emotive subject.

With a club like Chelsea its much less clear cut, but thats a whole other conversation.

Im a fan of Norwich, as stated I have a real soft spot for them, Ive no desire to offend them or slag them off. Theres no "intent" in my comment at all. Only to say, their facilities wont compare to ours - and thats a possible source of perceived "billy big gonad*s" in Edwards.

It all plays into the attitude perceived or otherwise of the "billy big gonad*s" youth player.
These players need to look no further than Harry!

"percieved or otherwise" is a pretty massive statement.

Perception is not reality.

But are we not 'surmising' that Marcus thinks he's better/above a loan at 'lowly' ;) Norwich thus the 'bad attitude'?
Though we must remember, we still are still just putting 2 and 2 together, but I think we are coming up with 4 correctly.

But are we not 'surmising' that Marcus thinks he's better/above a loan at 'lowly' ;) Norwich thus the 'bad attitude'?
Though we must remember, we still are still just putting 2 and 2 together, but I think we are coming up with 4 correctly.

No, at least I wasnt.

I was suggesting that, being used to the Hilton, walking into a Premier Inn and looking around a bit might be seen as being of a bad attitude, when in reality its simple adjustment.

As Ive said, its my trying to find a way back for him rather than accepting the "bad attitude" narrative.

Its entirely possible he has been tarred with that name in the past, and its no longer deserved, but it still hangs over him.

Just as, its entirely possible the whole bad attitude thing is right on the money, sad as that may be.

Unless you know Marcus well its all guesswork.
Our football clubs need to be careful they dont exacerbate the problems by turning potential into petulance.
I would think keeping the today academy players grounded, focused and motivated all at the same time must be like trying to push water uphill.
I have little patience in such situations and why I have the utmost respect for the youth training staff.

It all plays into the attitude perceived or otherwise of the "billy big gonads" youth player.
These players need to look no further than Harry!

Attitude problems and scoring goals = star player. Being a lippy teenager and not playing first team football = you're a concern!

I think Marcus has huge potential. I hope he makes it!

Just want to see him play games. He was unfortunate to get injured the season he was playing with our first team. He came on in a cup game and did pretty well I thought. He must be frustrated. Last season I couldn't fathom why he wasn't on the bench instead of GNK. But that is probably where 'attitude problems' comes from. GNK got his head down, worked hard, Edwards maybe didn't or his body wasn't up to it yet. Who knows. He's only 19, I think he could be an effective sub for us especially against tiring defenders. Someone needs to play him, show him some praise and build his confidence.

Are the youth team playing Juve today, Edwards probably would have been better sticking with us, and playing in that.

Just want to see him play games. He was unfortunate to get injured the season he was playing with our first team. He came on a cup and did pretty well I thought. He must be frustrated. Last season I couldn't fathom why he wasn't on the bench instead of GNK. But that is probably where 'attitude problems' comes from. GNK got his head down, worked hard, Edwards maybe didn't or his body wasn't up to it yet. Who knows. He's only 19, I think he could be a effective sub for us especially against tiring defenders. Someone needs to play him, show him some praise and build his confidence.

Are the youth team playing Juve today, Edwards probably would have been better sticking with us, and playing in that.

I'm guessing Pochettino has called this. Do you think these lads have to look after themselves ? i.e. shopping cooking etc. Mind my Son has had a cleaner since his Mum ditched the job ;)

No Juve youth game today.

Next game

Tuesday 13th March 2018
Tottenham Hotspur U19 v FC Porto U19
UEFA Youth League Quarter-Final
15:00
BT Sport 3

Im pretty sure Kane hired a chef to prepare all his meals.

Most players seem to have a "team" around them, so it wouldnt be surprising if they had people taking care of everything else.

I get that with the top first team players.
But I wonder what the likes of Marcus do for themselves?
Catch a bus, washing and even cook a meal?
I think this is a problem. They dont know what the real world is like for a teenager.

Last edited:
Back