• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Marcus Edwards

Poch blanks him out despite clearly desperate for a player of his skills, after having stuck his neck out to shower him with praise, citing his lack of maturity as the reason. He then is given a lifeline with a loan to a new club and within a week, his new manager repeats the same mantra and says he needs to grow up...

Not sounding good for the kid.

That could just be the brief that Norwich were given, and Edwards has been told that's what he needs to do during the loan. I don't think it necessarily means he's shown a bad attitude in his first week. Let's hope that's not the case.

That phrase can encompass an awful lot. A players maturity isn't just about off field issue's. It can also be a nod towards his decision making and work ethic.

So the conclusion is he needs to take a more grown up attitude.
No change

He now has the opportunity to do so with the adults - good way to learn. It's up to him to determine if he's is on "could have been list" or the "bright star" list.
Coaching can improve most things. Attitude has to come from within.

Not too sure to be honest; and this is coming from someone who's been one of his greatest cheerleaders.

Why would the Norwich coach parrot something like this if Edwards was acting diligently and maturely? No logic in it.

More likely he already saw some of the traits that turned Poch off in his initial training sessions.

Hope he realises he is on his last chance saloon. If he flops at Norwich, Poch will drop him like a piece of lead.

The thing is, it doesnt matter how talented you are, without the right attitude you just wont make it.

He really needs to pick up on that truth, and fast. Players like Taarabt should serve as a massive warning.

Norwich manager Daniel Farke has told Tottenham loanee Marcus Edwards that he must 'grow up' if he is to get a chance at the Championship< club.

The highly rated playmaker, once compared to Barcelona star Lionel Messi by Mauricio Pochettino, moved to East Anglia on loan earlier this month.

The 19-year-old is yet to make an appearance for the Canaries having had an issue with his back after making the move.

Farke was full of praise for his technical ability, and revealed he had trained well this week, but added that he will have a problem if there is no change in attitude.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...-potential-norwich-daniel-farke-a3750901.html

Norwich manager Daniel Farke has told Tottenham loanee Marcus Edwards that he must 'grow up' if he is to get a chance at the Championship< club.

The highly rated playmaker, once compared to Barcelona star Lionel Messi by Mauricio Pochettino, moved to East Anglia on loan earlier this month.

The 19-year-old is yet to make an appearance for the Canaries having had an issue with his back after making the move.

Farke was full of praise for his technical ability, and revealed he had trained well this week, but added that he will have a problem if there is no change in attitude.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...-potential-norwich-daniel-farke-a3750901.html

Did he add that? I’ve listened to it a couple of times and I’m not really hearing that?

Sounds like Edwards is trying his best and if he does not make it, then maybe it is because he is not good enough to work on the tactical physical side of the game.

Did he add that? I’ve listened to it a couple of times and I’m not really hearing that?
No explicitly that I can hear. After saying that Edwards is not going to make the match day squad yet and needs to grow a bit in attitude, he then says it would [be a problem for][not be good for] Edwards to return to Spurs without any playing time. Nonetheless he sounds positive and speaks in tones of encouragement rather than beratement.

I'd be a little cautious here, in that English isn't Farke's first language, and he could be actually explaining the reason he is at Norwich and not still at Spurs, is because he needs to show the grown up attitude that Poch is looking for. It doesn't mean he hasn't worked hard this week, especially when Farke said he has played well. Best to be cautious.

I'd be a little cautious here, in that English isn't Farke's first language, and he could be actually explaining the reason he is at Norwich and not still at Spurs, is because he needs to show the grown up attitude that Poch is looking for. It doesn't mean he hasn't worked hard this week, especially when Farke said he has played well. Best to be cautious.
Poch mentioned the need for Edwards to work on his attitude in The Book That Lead To Poor Results™

Back