• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mansion tax and the budget

Clearly your time in the north has put you out of touch

A small 3 bed house in Windsor costs ?ú450,000.

Do the maths clever boy

I assume you've benefited from making money from nothing, hence your retarded post.

Oh and which part of the property bubble since 1997 do you not understand?

Pricisely why people in Windsor should pay the tax if their property is worth more thn ?ú2 million.

?ú450k is quite a bit less than ?ú2 million, so what's your point.

The unemployment in Leeds is less thena the national average and less than vast swaths of the south.

Basically if the mansion tax disproportionately affects the south, good!

Pricisely why people in Windsor should pay the tax if their property is worth more thn ?ú2 million.

The unemployment in Leeds is less thena the national average and less than vast swaths of the south.

Oi you muppet, I WANT the mansion tax!!!!

mix adjusted house price graph.png

it is ridiculous, really is
totally unsustainable with lenders unwilling to lend on sensible terms and high costs of living (im assuming you commute from Windsor into London for work and have to pay circa ?ú350pcm for the priviledge?)

but what goes up must come down - no matter how much the UK Govt prop it up - i give it ten years before a huge crash.
probably not as big as the US one, but certainly enough to make prices more affordable and also reallign views regarding ownership and equity being such a fundamental of life

And the North East is the north is it?

Basically you've been called on chatting gonad*s and you know it.

I think you've misunderstood my post you melter

I WANT a mansion tax

I WANT to be able to buy a house in the South

I can't. And it's likely that I'll be paying 50% tax next financial year.

I'm sick of the artificial property prices. They are being maintained by interest rates.

Oi you muppet, I WANT the mansion tax!!!!

I don't care, I take offence to the anti-northern gonad*s.

The bottom line is Leeds employs 100,000 employed in financial and legal services, it's no more representative of the one-eyed view of the north you have than the worst estates of Portsmouth are of Hampshire.

so someone moves up the property chain in exactly the same manner in the south and the north
but because prices are higher in the south that person should be penalised? (or the person in the north rewarded - depending on view poitn)
doesnt make alot of sense to
even less so when you take into account the person in the south is likely to have had to save up a large ammount to get a mortgage ( i beleive im correct in saying the disparity in house prices north vs south is greater than wage disparity - but dont quote me on it)

it is ridiculous, really is
totally unsustainable with lenders unwilling to lend on sensible terms and high costs of living (im assuming you commute from Windsor into London for work and have to pay circa ?ú350pcm for the priviledge?)

but what goes up must come down - no matter how much the UK Govt prop it up - i give it ten years before a huge crash.
probably not as big as the US one, but certainly enough to make prices more affordable and also reallign views regarding ownership and equity being such a fundamental of life

They will have to build 70,000 new homes in Leeds alone in the next 20 years just to accomodate the increase in population.

Whilst we are a crowded island and have green belt and a fast growing population prices aint going down.

As long as unemployment doesn't go through the roof and interest rates stay low the prices will sta the same as mortgages are affordable.

so someone moves up the property chain in exactly the same manner in the south and the north
but because prices are higher in the south that person should be penalised? (or the person in the north rewarded - depending on view poitn)
doesnt make alot of sense to
even less so when you take into account the person in the south is likely to have had to save up a large ammount to get a mortgage ( i beleive im correct in saying the disparity in house prices north vs south is greater than wage disparity - but dont quote me on it)

It is, the London weighting is a bit of a myth.

I earn more than my colleagues in our Wokingham office, and Wokingham is meant to be the most desirable place in the country to live.

So, on tht basis...southerners have NOT gained more equity due to skill, or earning more......is just pure luck.

the person in the south is likely to have had to save up a large ammount to get a mortgage

This is my point.

Realistically, I need to save around ?ú20K per year, in order to buy a house with a decent mortgage.

Most of my family couldn't save that in a lifetime, let alone doing it every year from now until 2016!!!

This is my point.

Realistically, I need to save around ?ú20K per year, in order to buy a house with a decent mortgage.

Most of my family couldn't save that in a lifetime, let alone doing it every year from now until 2019!!!

So the person in the ?ú2 million house saved up a ?ú200-500k deposit did they?

im not about that last bit as you have a generation that will be unable to buy as mortgages are NOT affordable or attainable at the rate they were in the mid 90s thus resulting in a market that will have a smaller new customer base

maybe that will ultimately make mortgage lenders reevaluate their products, i guess we shall see

but without the volume of people to buy property i cant see how prices can stay the same and the market will just stagnate

time will tell i guess

I think you've misunderstood my post you melter

I WANT a mansion tax

I WANT to be able to buy a house in the South

I can't. And it's likely that I'll be paying 50% tax next financial year.

I'm sick of the artificial property prices. They are being maintained by interest rates.

Come on now! You can't save teh money for a deposit when you earn ?ú150,000 a year? That's ?ú100k net!

That is a serious fudging coke addiction fella!

So the person in the ?ú2 million house saved up a ?ú200-500k deposit did they?

Have you had a drink?

You're not reading my posts, so I wont bother again.

But just in case you sober up:

- I would like to see HIGHER property taxes for those in expensive properties
- I CANNOT afford to buy a house in the South, despite my wage
- Property prices are where they are because of Government and Financial Services policy
- Property prices have rocketed since the mid-90s
- I think house prices are TOO HIGH
- I think interest rates are TOO LOW
- I think there are a lot of ****s out there that would be found out, if interest rates INCREASED
- I enjoy my time in the NORTH

It is, the London weighting is a bit of a myth.

I earn more than my colleagues in our Wokingham office, and Wokingham is meant to be the most desirable place in the country to live.

So, on tht basis...southerners have NOT gained more equity due to skill, or earning more......is just pure luck.

exactly - so it seems illogical to penalise southerners for having more costly property as property prices evidently arnt linked to income

(not sure how it links to initial property investment - so it is possible northerners may have been disadvantged re; equity, which is not right.)

Have you had a drink?

You're not reading my posts, so I wont bother again.

But just in case you sober up:

- I would like to see HIGHER property taxes for those in expensive properties
- I CANNOT afford to buy a house in the South, despite my wage
- Property prices are where they are because of Government and Financial Services policy
- Property prices have rocketed since the mid-90s
- I think house prices are TOO HIGH
- I think interest rates are TOO LOW
- I think there are a lot of ****s out there that would be found out, if interest rates INCREASED
- I enjoy my time in the NORTH

Why are you obsessed with buying though?

I bought this house 5 years ago and we are probably in negative equity!

You might as well rent forever.

40% of French and German's rent their whole lives.

Re; buying

Speaking for myself; i want the freedom to do with the property what i want that comes with owning as well as the security it offers, especially when thinking about retirment (im only 29 btw)

We are so engrained in a home ownership culture in this country that owning has become quite fundamental.
Most landlords are not "providing a home" (as in France, Germany), they are their to make a profit, not be a helpful part of society.

Pensions - we are screwed long term and i beleive we will all need to find alternative ways to have a decent standard of retirment living. (just writing an essay on Pensions!!)

We are also so engulfed in a credit society that having something you actually own is quite important IMO.
I dont like it, but it does seem to be a fundamental element of modern UK living

Re; buying

Speaking for myself; i want the freedom to do with the property what i want that comes with owning as well as the security it offers, especially when thinking about retirment (im only 29 btw)

We are so engrained in a home ownership culture in this country that owning has become quite fundamental.
Most landlords are not "providing a home" (as in France, Germany), they are their to make a profit, not be a helpful part of society.

Pensions - we are screwed long term and i beleive we will all need to find alternative ways to have a decent standard of retirment living. (just writing an essay on Pensions!!)

We are also so engulfed in a credit society that having something you actually own is quite important IMO.
I dont like it, but it does seem to be a fundamental element of modern UK living

Pensions are just a tax efficient way of saving mate........you can invest in property via your pension!

Pensions are one area where my knowledge is seriously lacking tbh!
(Having one might help!!)

"you can invest in property via your pension! "
this is genuiely confusing to me - what do you mean?

Back