• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mansion tax and the budget

ah, ok.
i more look it as buy a place, pay off the mortgage over life (rather than rent which a fee to live rather than a fee to own) and then sell later in life, so effectively paying off the mortgage has been like paying into a retirment fund - the fund being my own proprerty

thats a very good point, diversify the savings
at the mo all i have is a few grand in the bank - nothing special, never really got into the investment mindset until recently

If you buy a property in the north make sure it has a indoor toilet.

I went up to manchester last year for the cycling and when i asked them that in the hotel i got one of the dirtiest looks i ever got off someone since i asked the wife if she would be interested in rimming.

As with every tax; get an accountant worth his buttons, and you'll pay fudge all to the IR 8)

I pay enough to support scounging tossers, thank you very much.

That makes sense though, doesn't it? Taxes need to be focused on the Southeast rather than the North, as everyone wants to live in the Southeast and this would make it slightly more attractive to live in the North instead.
Come again? So it's already near impossible for first time buyers in the south east to get on the housing ladder, so we should now focus on making it impossible for those who have done well for themselves to upgrade?

It appears the Coalition government share my concerns:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/property...ayer-as-NewBuy-Guarantee-scheme-launched.html

[h=1]?ú500,000 mortgages backed by the taxpayer as NewBuy Guarantee scheme launched[/h][h=2]Up to 100,000 people will get Government support to buy new homes worth up to ?ú500,000 in a Coalition move to revive the middle-class dream of home ownership, ministers will announce.[/h]

which is good - now all they have to do is effect a drop in house prices to make them affordable!
?ú54k joint income and we could maybe, just, get a mortgage on a one bed little flat (180k ish)

(i dont want to come across as snobbish (even though i live in St Albans!), but i have no desire to BUY a one bed flat. 6/7 years ago maybe, but not now. Buying a property needs to be seen as a long term (or at least long ish) thing - dont really want to bring a up a kid in a pokey little flat which is essentially three rooms (lounge/kitchen (modern building style), bedroom (big enough for two ppl - just. but not really for a baby too. bathroom)

It appears the Coalition government share my concerns:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/property...ayer-as-NewBuy-Guarantee-scheme-launched.html

[h=1]?ú500,000 mortgages backed by the taxpayer as NewBuy Guarantee scheme launched[/h][h=2]Up to 100,000 people will get Government support to buy new homes worth up to ?ú500,000 in a Coalition move to revive the middle-class dream of home ownership, ministers will announce.[/h]

This is mental or Gordon Brown is still, in fact, running the country.

Osbourne happily screwing the countries finances better than Brown ever could.

100 year bonds. What a fudging joker. So much for his fiscal 'plan' - silly gonad*s hasn't a clue what he's doing.

Anyone want a 1,000 year bond? Ah go on...

Back