• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Manor Solomon

At least Lo Celso has contributed this season. Long term he's probably surplus. But Solomon has a history of this throughout his career, we gambled and it's failed miserably.

I’ll give him time yet. Yes he only played in 5 games, but I thought he was really good in those games.

Lo Celso has 2 goals and 2 assists
Solomon has 2 assists in under half the playing time.

If neither can stay fit, then both should be moved on though.
Being available is a form of contribution though. You help the squads levels in training, give the manager less to worry about etc.

2 assists and... not much else, in any sense.

Being available is a form of contribution though. You help the squads levels in training, give the manager less to worry about etc.

2 assists and... not much else, in any sense.

True, but it does seem to be a theme here, our medical staff and coaching team can knacker anyone.

His absentee record at previous clubs is not a concern?

If he passed our medical and doesn’t have anything chronic, it’s not to me no.

Footballers get injured, they have never had less protection from equipment.

If he passed our medical and doesn’t have anything chronic, it’s not to me no.

Footballers get injured, they have never had less protection from equipment.

But as JRH said, being available in itself is a massive plus. Some players are unlucky and are susceptible to injuries, if you are that type of player then IMO you need to be pretty indispensable like Ledley King was. Just can’t afford to have 2-3 players in the squad with such poor injury records. Especially when none of them are anything more than ok-good players.

But as JRH said, being available in itself is a massive plus. Some players are unlucky and are susceptible to injuries, if you are that type of player then IMO you need to be pretty indispensable like Ledley King was. Just can’t afford to have 2-3 players in the squad with such poor injury records. Especially when none of them are anything more than ok-good players.

I agree, but the clock starts when we sign them for me, he did more than enough to get another chance with us.

I agree, but the clock starts when we sign them for me, he did more than enough to get another chance with us.
I'm with you on that one. IIRC, Solomon has had just one injury since he signed for us. It's just that it was a fairly severe one and he's taking longer than expected to heal. I'm not going to label him as a sicknote just yet.

At least Lo Celso has contributed this season. Long term he's probably surplus. But Solomon has a history of this throughout his career, we gambled and it's failed miserably.
I did not know he had injury problems. It is one of the reasons I want us to steering clear of Neto.

We will still make a healthy profit on him when we sell him, which was surely the entire point.

Back