• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Manor Solomon

But why have they had the power to ‘suspend’ the contracts but not freeze them? (Or rather to allow players to unilaterally suspend, instead of allowing players and teams to agree to a freeze?)

If there’s some technical legal issue with freezing, surely you could get around it by saying players can suspend and play for other clubs, but that period then has to be added to the original contract with the Ukrainian team? So in practice it’s effectively frozen.
Because they don’t even know if the Ukraine will exist
And it’s relatively unique as a situation

But why have they had the power to ‘suspend’ the contracts but not freeze them? (Or rather to allow players to unilaterally suspend, instead of allowing players and teams to agree to a freeze?)

If there’s some technical legal issue with freezing, surely you could get around it by saying players can suspend and play for other clubs, but that period then has to be added to the original contract with the Ukrainian team? So in practice it’s effectively frozen.

Ok say the war goes on for 5 to 10 years. Those players move to another country. Start a family etc...? Then when the war is ended they have to go back (to GHod knows whats left of the country) to play the remainder of their contract? Possibly for a fraction of the wages they were earning at their new clubs?

Ok say the war goes on for 5 to 10 years. Those players move to another country. Start a family etc...? Then when the war is ended they have to go back (to GHod knows whats left of the country) to play the remainder of their contract? Possibly for a fraction of the wages they were earning at their new clubs?

I guess I’m imagining that the players wouldn’t go back - they’d stay at their new club but the new club would have to pay a fee. But fair points, and I appreciate it would have the potential to be a bit messy. Hopefully we agree to pay Shakhtar a fee and this is a moot point anyway!

I guess I’m imagining that the players wouldn’t go back - they’d stay at their new club but the new club would have to pay a fee. But fair points, and I appreciate it would have the potential to be a bit messy. Hopefully we agree to pay Shakhtar a fee and this is a moot point anyway!

Think the clubs should be helped out when this is all over. Believe they will be as will ukraine as a whole. Fifa, uefa, major leagues and some of the clubs that benefited should make donations to rebuild.

At the moment though the players have short careers and their needs also need to be taken into account.

Back