• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Manager Sack Watch 2015/16

RM could need one soon too. Being battered by Seville at the moment.

We missed a trick with Konoplankya. Fantastic little player.

Phil Neville and Voro will reportedly take charge of first-team affairs at Valencia until further notice following the resignation of Nuno on Sunday night.

Nuno announced his departure following Los Che’s 1-0 loss to Sevilla, but said he had already informed chairman Peter Lim of his decision prior to kick-off.

A formal statement is expected from the club later on Monday after a meeting between Nuno and club directors, but Neville and Voro have been told to prepare to take charge of training on Tuesday according to reports in AS.

Nuno, 41, leaves the side ninth in Primera Liga and third in Group H of the Champions League, still with a shot of progressing to the knock-out stages.

However, the Portuguese said expectations had not been met as he bid his farewells.

“We are all in agreement that the current situation is not good, and that we must all do what is best for the club; this has always been my intention,” he said.

“I want to thank all the players who I have managed at the club for their work. I also want to thank Peter Lim, who is – and will continue to be – a friend of mine, and the fans of Valencia CF.

“I ask that the fans continue to support the youngest squad in La Liga. Tomorrow we will give more details. I understand that the issue is pertinent, but I do not want to say too much in this regard.”

Neville joined Valencia as a coach in July, having previously been first-team coach under David Moyes at Manchester United.

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/phil-neville-to-take-temporary-charge-at-valencia-reports

Funny how the Neville brothers have turned out. Gary has turned out to be an insightful analyst and Phil is earning his dues as a coach abroad, which is sadly too rare.

Norwegian club Stabæk have appointed Billy McKinlay (previously worked under Moyes) as their new head coach after Bob Bradley left for Le Havre.

Norwegian club Stabæk have appointed Billy McKinlay (previously worked under Moyes) as their new head coach after Bob Bradley left for Le Havre.

This guy must have missed his window of opportunity. He should've had a decent crack at some higher profile clubs than those.

How are they doing these days? Had a few decent seasons a few years back didn't they, Champions once IIRC then ended getting relegated before bouncing back up.
Tommy Svindal Larsen, always used to sign him on Champ.Man

Last edited:
This guy must have missed his window of opportunity. He should've had a decent crack at some higher profile clubs than those.

He hasn't completed his pro license or whatever it's called yet. He can go back to MLS whenever he wants, but he wants to make it in Europe. Le Havre have recently been taken over by some wealthy guy. Bradley did win coach of the year in Norway this season after taking a club with no money to 3rd, playing decent football.

He hasn't completed his pro license or whatever it's called yet. He can go back to MLS whenever he wants, but he wants to make it in Europe. Le Havre have recently been taken over by some wealthy guy. Bradley did win coach of the year in Norway this season after taking a club with no money to 3rd, playing decent football.

Oh that's interesting. So does that mean it was never actually possible for him to manage Villa or wherever he was linked to a few years back when he left the US role?
I heard he had done a good job in Norway and I thought it was strange that he left for Le Havre. But if they have some money and he can continue to enhance his reputation then maybe he'll still get a crack at a bigger club one day.

Back