• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Manager Sack Watch 2013/14

Rene Muelensteen will take it on a caretaker basis, then they will give it to him permanantly and they will still end up being relegated or just surviving before realising that the guy is a very good coach and not a very good manager.

Might make wednesday more tricky now but we should easily have enough to beat Fulham.

As predicted:

@BBCSport: Sheffield Wednesday sack manager Dave Jones, the club confirms

Has any manager around Championship level ever had success at more than one club?..

Seeing Coyle get sacked made me think of when people wanted him as our next manager a while back. There just seems to be so many managers in recent years who have success at one club (people rave about them) then after they leave that first job they fail at maybe the next two clubs before they disappear and the cycle continues and we move on to the next bright young managers of the month.

Has any manager around Championship level ever had success at more than one club?..

Seeing Coyle get sacked made me think of when people wanted him as our next manager a while back. There just seems to be so many managers in recent years who have success at one club (people rave about them) then after they leave that first job they fail at maybe the next two clubs before they disappear and the cycle continues and we move on to the next bright young managers of the month.

I think it's often down to being at the right club at the right time than being an exceptional manager. Once you've had that first bit of success you're safely on the merry-go-round.

Coyle and Freedman were both highly successful at Burnley and Crystal Palace respectively, then went to Bolton and struggled. Probably got a nice raise though.

Occurred to me too. Doesn't seem like 5 minutes ago.

Sky Sports Football @SkyFootball

Portsmouth have been denied permission to speak to Newport County manager Justin Edinburgh

Warnock and McCarthy off the top of my head

John Gregory appointed at Crawley today.. I almost forgot about this fella. Check out his quote..

"I came back to England 18 months ago and when this job became available last week I was excited about the opportunity of maybe coming here. I've been very fortunate the board has selected me to come here and they couldn't have made a better choice."

Your last 10 years begs to differ John!... :eek:

Gregory was sacked as QPR manager on 1 October 2007, after another string of poor performances.[3]

On 8 December 2009, Gregory was appointed the manager of Israeli club Maccabi Ahi Nazareth.[4] He led them to relegation.

On 18 May 2010 Gregory signed a 3-year contract with Israeli Premier League Club F.C. Ashdod. He resigned from Ashdod on 18 April 2011, with the club facing the possibility of relegation.[5]

On 13 June 2011, Gregory was appointed the manager of Kazakh club FC Kairat from Almaty, Kazakhstan.[6] Kairat survived relegation at the end of the 2011 season to the second tier of Kazakhstan football.

Gregory had his contract as manager of FC Kairat terminated in December 2011, and in April 2012 was paid $120,000 in compensation.[7][8]

John Gregory appointed at Crawley today.. I almost forgot about this fella. Check out his quote..

"I came back to England 18 months ago and when this job became available last week I was excited about the opportunity of maybe coming here. I've been very fortunate the board has selected me to come here and they couldn't have made a better choice."

Your last 10 years begs to differ John!... :eek:

Gregory was sacked as QPR manager on 1 October 2007, after another string of poor performances.[3]

On 8 December 2009, Gregory was appointed the manager of Israeli club Maccabi Ahi Nazareth.[4] He led them to relegation.

On 18 May 2010 Gregory signed a 3-year contract with Israeli Premier League Club F.C. Ashdod. He resigned from Ashdod on 18 April 2011, with the club facing the possibility of relegation.[5]

On 13 June 2011, Gregory was appointed the manager of Kazakh club FC Kairat from Almaty, Kazakhstan.[6] Kairat survived relegation at the end of the 2011 season to the second tier of Kazakhstan football.

Gregory had his contract as manager of FC Kairat terminated in December 2011, and in April 2012 was paid $120,000 in compensation.[7][8]

John Gregory still managing clubs ? Still remember him for fielding all-English starting 11 lineups when he was the Villa manager during 1998-2002 seasons. Never thought he would still be in football.

Guardian sport @guardian_sport

Wigan Athletic confirm Uwe Rosler as new manager … more soon

Just by chance some clubs (and thus some managers) will be over performing at times. I agree, they do tend to very quickly get overrated. Considering what a difference 6-9 points can make to a season it doesn't take that many games of luck to swing in the favour of a manager or team for them to jump up the table and the manager to get a lot of credit that might not be warranted.

Related to the way strikers get rated based on a fairly small sample size. Just by chance some will be scoring a lot at any given time. Given 10 new first choice strikers in a league in a new season just by chance some of them will hit a hot streak as they start off and thus get overrated very quickly. Again relatively few goals from a hot streak combined with an average season for the rest of the games will make a significant difference to a total over a season.

Don't think Moyes will last the season.

Home form: DWLDWWL and L?

No way will they sack him after being backed by SAF.

If anything, we might see Fergie become a more 'assistant' type role. When really he'd be taking over proceedings just not as 'manager' out of respect.

Back