• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Made Bradford British citizenship test

did anyone get the Hugonauts one right?

wasn't that a Jules Verne book?

I didn't, but who gives a brick?

I feel confident that the 9 I got right, I knew the answers to, I got the voting one wrong because I hit the wrong button (senior moment) and the rest were guesses, all of which I got wrong.

Do I have to leave?

Oh - I have.....

I think you're all missing the point.

Try not to look at it as whether or not it's relevant. Think of it more the steps some people will go to, to become a member of this great welcoming tolerant country of ours. Let's face it, anyone getting in the high 90's will have deserved it and is therefore deserving of citizenship.

I suspect the test is designed to ensure people take up a form of study which will not only prepare them for the questions but also enables them to learn about the current climate and policies as they research such matters.

I'm sure you'll all agree this will ensure any prespective UK citizen not only knows their 'onions' but also has a genuine desire and need to become a UKC.

You could still make the questions much more relevant and worthwhile, and people would still have to study for it, but they'd actually end up with knowledge that might actually come in handy when living here.

I got 58%, lost of guessing involved. Most of those questions are utterly irrelevant to every day life so it's pointless to ask them. "The number of children and young people up to the age of 19 in the UK is: 13, 14, 15 or 16 million?" How on Earth does knowing the precise number of under 19's in the country go towards proving that you're ready for life in the UK? Load of gonad*s.

You could still make the questions much more relevant and worthwhile, and people would still have to study for it, but they'd actually end up with knowledge that might actually come in handy when living here.

I got 58%, lost of guessing involved. Most of those questions are utterly irrelevant to every day life so it's pointless to ask them. "The number of children and young people up to the age of 19 in the UK is: 13, 14, 15 or 16 million?" How on Earth does knowing the precise number of under 19's in the country go towards proving that you're ready for life in the UK? Load of gonad*s.

I suspect that you probably need a visit from the Diversity Police

reply to this post with your home address, working hours and bank account details

then report to your nearest Diversity Police station for a beating and rectal examination.

I think you're all missing the point.

Try not to look at it as whether or not it's relevant. Think of it more the steps some people will go to, to become a member of this great welcoming tolerant country of ours. Let's face it, anyone getting in the high 90's will have deserved it and is therefore deserving of citizenship.

I suspect the test is designed to ensure people take up a form of study which will not only prepare them for the questions but also enables them to learn about the current climate and policies as they research such matters.

I'm sure you'll all agree this will ensure any prespective UK citizen not only knows their 'onions' but also has a genuine desire and need to become a UKC.

no, its a scheme and policy which has its heart in right place (as you said above. it was a response to public opinion) but its delivery does little to enhance integration in society or help with everyday living

the idea is right and i support it
the execution is wrong and needs changing to be effective and educational as apose to a profit and admin tool

all it does is show someone can spend ?ú20.00 on a book and memorise the contents to tick some boxes - it teaches very little

no, its a scheme and policy which has its heart in right place (as you said above. it was a response to public opinion) but its delivery does little to enhance integration in society or help with everyday living

the idea is right and i support it
the execution is wrong and needs changing to be effective and educational as apose to a profit and admin tool

all it does is show someone can spend ?ú20.00 on a book and memorise the contents to tick some boxes - it teaches very little

I did it again and got 100% the 2nd time.......how, I feel so much more enlightened!

I did it again and got 100% the 2nd time.......how, I feel so much more enlightened!
You will be the only one left here. Well, maybe not the only one, but at least the population will be downsized to about 5m-6m. Plenty of room.....

why don't they tell you what ones you got wrong? i did not understand half the questions anyway, hope they send me some place hot.

54%, would have got more except for their badly worded questions. "How many Bank Holidays are there" 8 oh no its 4 and 4 public holidays, yeah whatever.

Back