• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Made Bradford British citizenship test

Howard Webb

Clive Wilson
I got 46% just now. Anyone feel like a 'im not racist but' thread? Here we go, business has made national borders redundant. Thats a good place to start!

Holy brick! I only scored 38%. Expel me.

Seriously though, who gives a flying fudge about the vast majority of those questions? Number of Bank Holidays, yeah..... most of the others? I couldn't give a monkeys!

54%.

flimflam test......

What % of the population of the UK is Muslim?? I don't see the relevance at all? And I know it's around 3%, but the options were like, 2.6%, 3.2%, 3.6% or 3.8%....................like any **** know to the decimal what % of the UK are Muslim?

Do me a favour.

Obviously if there was a test prep book you've beeze through. Fo me the test should be abouyt British history and culture and values.

No fudging way an immigrant passes that test without serious prep.

54%.

flimflam test......

What % of the population of the UK is Muslim?? I don't see the relevance at all? And I know it's around 3%, but the options were like, 2.6%, 3.2%, 3.6% or 3.8%....................like any **** know to the decimal what % of the UK are Muslim?

Do me a favour.

Obviously if there was a test prep book you've beeze through. Fo me the test should be abouyt British history and culture and values.

No fudging way an immigrant passes that test without serious prep.

Or an indigenous resident, for that matter

42%

it is a ridiculous test however - the questions are based around history and symantics

ie
9How many bank holidays are there per year in the UK?

the answer is 4 becuase the other 4 holidays days in the year are public holidays - what possible use is that question?

the questions should relate to everyday life - things like "how old do you have to be to buy a lottery ticket" or "where do you go to get your NI number". that makes sense.

someone last night was making the point that the test should be about british-ness and therefore british history as its important to know that before coming to our country. no, that is something you pick up in everyday life and experience - just like the people that are born here do (or not as the case may be).

the test and immigration process should determine whether the applicant is fit and suitable for UK society and should also act as an aide to integration and managing everyday life in th UK.

my Mrs took that test a few years ago and the questions are generally obsure and pedantic

but hey, the whole immigration process is nothing more than a money spinner - total cost of immigration (for a US citizen married to a Brit) from temp leave to remain to perm leave to remain to citizenship (optional)...............appx ?ú1700 in application/processing fees..........ill leave you to do the maths regarding how many people immigrate with the aim of citizenship

How often do you need to renew your driving licence after the age of 70?

How the fudge would I know that please?

Ridiculous test, my wife had to take it to get her British passport, she had to revise for 3 weeks and then she forogt it all.

I couldn't help her and I am born and bred English (ethnically Pakistani).

The questions should be more cultural!

Back