• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Luiz Suarez

So how have the LFC fans responded to the latest news, I mean the ones who have defended him blindly during the Evra et all issues?

Well yes, but when you get a Suarez it's a whole different ball game. It's pretty much like signing an injury prone player as you know he's going to be a c*nt and get himself banned for a decent portion of the season.

Well, true, if we sign him we won't have him for the first eight games of the season. And true, he will probably get himself banned at least once more in a Spurs shirt. But the rate at which he scored goals and provided assists at Liverpool was stupendous even with the banning issues. In a worse team than ours, he scored and created more than all our players bar Bale. I think if we do by some miracle acquire him, the time he spends on the pitch scoring and creating goals will more than make up for the time he spends off it for biting Patrice Evra, which I'm betting will be his next offense.

Ideal scenario is either:

1) Suarez takes Liverpool to court, as suggested on the BBC website, he loses the case but damages his relationship with Liverpool to such as extent that he either refuses to play for them for a while next season or plays poorly due to lack of motivation. Arse fail to get a CF

2) we stick to our guns with Bale and then in a couple weeks time, RM realise they wont get him and switch the Suarez who is meant to be their back-up. Liverpoo cave in to RM and sell him in the dying days of the window and fail to get in a replacement

Both work for me!

Here's what that Upstanding Gooner Citizen Obscene Wanger thinks about it:

"We want to [sign Suarez] if it is feasible in an amicable way," said Gunners manager Arsene Wenger.
"We will respect what Liverpool want to do. I don't want to speak about Suarez, because that is between Liverpool and Arsenal.
"I am a great believer you have to keep as much confidentiality as possible, which is quite difficult in the modern world.
"But we work very hard, not only on the case you name, but on other different cases. We can still strengthen the squad, there is one month to go. We are at the beginning of August and working very hard to strengthen our squad.
"I am confident. You look at many teams around us. Nothing has happened until now. At the moment the market hasn't moved a lot. Apart from Emirates Marketing Project, nobody has done anything."

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

Paulinho
Chadli
Soldado
taco

I'm not sure the stipulation for Nigeyman has to be yellow marigolds... I am sure they make red ones too ;)

28h07lx.gif

Utter disbelief that any true Spurs fan would want that vile animal anywhere near our club ! All pointless anyway as would never happen.

Utter disbelief that any true Spurs fan would want that vile animal anywhere near our club ! All pointless anyway as would never happen.

Indeed, the chances of him signing for a team outside the CL is remote, unless of course Monaco comes knocking

I'm sure there have been many hundreds of bigoted, racist, sexist, generally despicable players who everyone here adores and worships, probably even some paedophiles amongst them.. Of course it won't happen, it is basically a sideways move to us, but anyone objecting on strictly moral grounds is a fool. You don't know anything about the private lives of any player, the media stir and ungodly amount of brick.

Now obviously these things can spill over into football, e.g. the Evra incident and the Ivanovic bite - these are reasons to object to his signing. But football is not a moral pursuit, person views mean fudge all until you do something about them. As long as people exercise their views outside of football I don't care what those views are (within reason). I might think less of them as a person, but as a footballer? It is just unproductive. Now obviously if they were a fascist (let's say) and used the fame gained/sustained by representing Spurs to rally political radicals, that would be problematic for me, but using the example of Di Canio at Sunderland, his belief in facism is just a personal belief he exercises strictly in the private sphere, which is fine by me.

Nobody wins by having a team full of nice guys. If you think there is 'glory' in that then fair enough, it would be glorious to win with a team full of saints - but on average there must be more than 1 cvnt per 11 people across the world, so arguably it is inevitable some tossers will don the sacred Lilywhite shirt on a regular basis. For most people no-one cares, but if there has been a witch hunt against a player suddenly it becomes in vogue for every Tom, dingdong and Harry to protest against his signing despite many other players (managers, coaches, fans) probably carrying the same views.

In an ideal world I too would be able to take the moral high ground and say I don't want Suarez. But to be quite frank my desire for Spurs to do well massively outweighs the fact that one of the many millions of cvnts in the world happens to be playing for my team. Think about every cvnt banker going home with £20m+ in bonuses a year irrespective of the financial climate or how well they've actually performed. The countless celebrities (Messi...) who evade all but about 1% of tax, etc. These offences to me are far more despicable and far less easy to ignore than Suarez biting a player or throwing a racial slur about that is more commonly used in South America.

Do you guys also boycoutt immoral people like Jimmy Carr who avoided a great deal of tax, or turn off 'racist' TV shows of the past? I would be far more ready to do these things than to essentially support the slowing of Spurs' progress just because of one man's views..

When his 'immoral actions' start to affect the footballing is where i would draw the limit.

Being banned from matches on a regular occurrence is a pretty important issue.

No, i did not boycott Jimmy Carr, tax evasion is a relatively minor crime in my mind when compared with racism and assault. There's a difference between having guys who aren't nice and guys who are a liability. Suarez is the latter.

Do not want.

Last edited:
Wow!

As a comment I don't think a banker is a cvnt for taking £20 million, but he would be a cvnt if he could and he didn't. It doesn't bother me whether an individual or a group gets millions-the only concern is what they do with the dough.

When his 'immoral actions' start to affect the footballing is where i would draw the limit.

Being banned from matches on a regular occurrence is a pretty important issue.

No, i did not boycott Jimmy Carr, tax evasion is a relatively minor crime in my mind when compared with racism and assault. There's a difference between having guys who aren't nice and guys who are a liability. Suarez is the latter.

Do not want.

Your post makes sense, I understand that. I just don't get the people who take a moral stance on the matter. Ultimately your post still centres around reasons relating to football and if he wasn't one of the best players in the league I would agree with you!

I think tax evasion is far worse than most of the racism and assault that takes place. You are actively fudging over every other member of society as opposed to just one or a few. While some racism and violence is unprovoked, a majority of it has a cause that might be to some extent justifiable, the only cause for avoiding/evading tax is pure greed, it is totally unprovoked. What makes it worse is that the little man pays his 20% while all of the big shots evade their share because they can afford to pay an accountant!

Relating it to Suarez... these guys do not avoid tax in the heat of the moment when adrenaline is running high and short fuses can be blown, nor did Suarez bite Ivanovic or abuse Evra in the comfort of his own home via a calculated phone call with his £300ph accountant (who will take all the rap if caught - Messi again). Think about how badly the 4m euros Messi has apparently fleeced the Spanish government out of is needed! (Although I do find it funny that while Madrid apparently owe however many millions in tax it is Barca's star man that gets chased up first for exploiting legal loopholes).

This is football ... which is now business ... which means people like Suarez are needed.

Players with ability are needed, everything else that comes with Suarez is an unnecessary burden.

Contributes immensely on the pitch, may have a few days of lack of judgement ... but he wont be here so dont worry.

However he would be amazing with soldado up top

Erm, as the lawyers may be checking, Jimmy Carr was not guilty of tax evasion, he wasn't even accused of it let alone charged. Some people claimed he was guilty of tax avoidance, but there is no such crime. My personal view is if the exchequer are stupid enough to allow tax avoidance then anyone has the right to avoid it.

No, i did not boycott Jimmy Carr, tax evasion is a relatively minor crime in my mind when compared with racism and assault.

Back