• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Luis Gustavo

Jordinho

Ron Henry
Staff member
Tottenham are considering a surprise swoop for Luis Gustavo, reports claim, with the Brazilian starring for Wolfsburg after turning down a move to Arsenal in the summer.

Gustavo was believed to be a top priority for Arsene Wenger in the most recent transfer window, having struggled for game time with a rampant Bayern Munich side in the 2012-13 season.

But he chose a move to Wolfsburg instead and though he had a shaky start to the season - receiving two red cards within his first three matches - the 26 year old has been promising for the club and Andre Villas-Boas reportedly believes that he will team up well with Paulinho and Sandro to create a Brazilian core in the Tottenham squad.

Portuguese paper Record are claiming that the manager is hoping that despite the star's refusal to join Arsenal he might still consider a move to north London in January if he is promised maximum game time in the lead-up to the 2014 World Cup.

Arsenal are believed to still be monitoring Gustavo's situation and are aware of a release clause that exists in his contract. The Portuguese publication claim that this is around €24m, a rise of €8m from the fee that the Bundesliga side signed Gustavo for in the summer.

Wolfsburg sporting director Klaus Allofs admitted recently that for the right price the Brazil international would leave the club, telling reporters: "Even at VfL [Wolfsburg] nobody is unsellable.

"For me it is important that we show [players] that we are willing to negotiate if an offer is made that is reasonable in a sporting sense and also makes good business sense for VfL."

With Tottenham currently on the brink of re-entering the top four and mounting a serious challenge for Champions League qualification Villas-Boas is believed to be willing to spend big in January to make sure the side bucks a recent trend of losing their momentum when the season hits the business end.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/528695/20131209/tottenham-arsenal-transfer-news-luiz-gustavo-january.htm

Villas-Boas is believed to be willing to spend big in January to make sure the side bucks a recent trend of losing their momentum when the season hits the business end.

This part in particular is journalism at its best. In AVB's single season with us we were unbeaten in the last 8 games, picking up 18 points. Only 3 losses in 26 games after the loss at the Scumirates, yielding 55 points.

Wouldn't make any sense.

As much as I think he's very very good, we have Capoue as back up and I doubt Luiz Gustavo would leave to be back up to someone he's competing with in the Brazilian national team. Plus, if we're looking at anyone at Wolfsburg, it should be Ricardo Rodriguez.

He out of him and Paulinho is the one I would have preferred going by what they did at the Confederations Cup.

Villas-Boas is believed to be willing to spend big in January to make sure the side bucks a recent trend of losing their momentum when the season hits the business end.

This part in particular is journalism at its best. In AVB's single season with us we were unbeaten in the last 8 games, picking up 18 points. Only 3 losses in 26 games after the loss at the Scumirates, yielding 55 points.

People seem to overlook these stats, saying we blew 4th spot again. We were just unfortunate Chelsea, and Arsenal in particular, put in an amazing run at the end of the season

Wouldn't make any sense.

As much as I think he's very very good, we have Capoue as back up and I doubt Luiz Gustavo would leave to be back up to someone he's competing with in the Brazilian national team. Plus, if we're looking at anyone at Wolfsburg, it should be Ricardo Rodriguez.

Agreed.

He out of him and Paulinho is the one I would have preferred going by what they did at the Confederations Cup.

Based on what I've seen of him for Brazil and Bayern when he was there he would have been an option to Capoue as Mumorn said, fairly different player type compared to Paulinho.

Well.. I didn't say they were the same just that I was more impressed with Gustavo.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Fapatalk 2

'surprise move', because not even the player's agent nor the clubs involved know about it - because it's made up shiiiite.

Back