• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lucas Moura

Guess it would save us £1m or so based on his salary til May/June, and he's unlikely to see much game time

The harder work is shifting Tubby, Winks, GLC etc

Reported as still being a free which is good for all involved

Gets money off the bill, few more to follow and we could have a bumper summer
Doing this would not make sense to me at all. Moura isn't keeping another player out of the squad and we're still in three competitions. A couple of injuries and we’d likely have him coming off the bench. Saving a few million of wages isn’t worth it I don’t think. Let him leave in a free in the summer instead.

Doing this would not make sense to me at all. Moura isn't keeping another player out of the squad and we're still in three competitions. A couple of injuries and we’d likely have him coming off the bench. Saving a few million of wages isn’t worth it I don’t think. Let him leave in a free in the summer instead.

He rarely plays, we have Kane, Son, Danjuma, Richalison, Perisic and Kulsevski infront of him, I am ok with losing Moura TBH

Yeah seems a weird one given that we've loan out Gil. I presumed we did that specifically because we had an extra body for 6 months in Moura.

He rarely plays, we have Kane, Son, Danjuma, Richalison, Perisic and Kulsevski infront of him, I am ok with losing Moura TBH
And yet only one of those players is a natural right sided player. One injury and Moura is probably already coming on from the bench, two injuries and he would likely be starting.

By letting him leave we save a couple of million quid, yet that could be at the expense of winning a game later in the season.

Last edited:
And yet only one of those players is a natural right sided player. One injury and Moura is probably already coming on from the bench, two injuries and he roosterle we’ll be starting.

By letting him leave we save a couple of million quid, yet that could be at the expense of winning a game later in the season.

The days of Moura coming on and making any real difference have come and gone in my opinion and even Porro would be a better RWF option IMHO

Would rather flog Perisic to Turkey and keep Moura till Gil returns.

The Turkey things seems a bit weird too. The narrative has always been he wants to play his last few seasons back in Brazil. Maybe Erdogan is his new poster boy now after Bolsonaro's fall?

Would rather flog Perisic to Turkey and keep Moura till Gil returns.

The Turkey things seems a bit weird too. The narrative has always been he wants to play his last few seasons back in Brazil. Maybe Erdogan is his new poster boy now after Bolsonaro's fall?
I’d rather flog all three of them…, but not until the end of season as there is little to be gained in losing players from the 25 man squad at this stage with 3 competitions still to be played for.

Yep…. But we’ve turned a win into a draw against West Ham in that little time previously. Also had Kulu got injured then it is likely he would’ve been coming in as the replacement.

Its a stretch to suggest Moura was the difference Sunday and no two games are the same so what happened in the past has no bearing on now. Porro could have come on in that role as he was previously a right winger and still could moving forward

Did the first half of this season not teach us anything? Injuries to Richy, Kulu and Moura played a massive part in our struggles and lack of fluidity at the start.

this makes zero sense if true. No doubt the people advocating this will be the same ones moaning about our lack of options off the bench later in the season with one or two injuries.

Did the first half of this season not teach us anything? Injuries to Richy, Kulu and Moura played a massive part in our struggles and lack of fluidity at the start.

this makes zero sense if true. No doubt the people advocating this will be the same ones moaning about our lack of options off the bench later in the season with one or two injuries.

I moan about the lack of variation and introduction of youth so I am more than happy to see Moura leave, for his own sake two and see a breadth of Kane, Son, Danjuma, Richalison, Perisic, Deki and Porro cover the roles.

Moura is not the same player he was

Its a stretch to suggest Moura was the difference Sunday and no two games are the same so what happened in the past has no bearing on now. Porro could have come on in that role as he was previously a right winger and still could moving forward
He wasn’t ‘a difference’ but he is still in ahead of other players. If Kulu gets injured then we’re stuck. Porro will likely need 6 months plus to adapt to the PL. Letting Moura go at this stage of the season to save a few million of wages makes no sense from the footballing side of things.

He wasn’t ‘a difference’ but he is still in ahead of other players. If Kulu gets injured then we’re stuck. Porro will likely need 6 months plus to adapt to the PL. Letting Moura go at this stage of the season to save a few million of wages makes no sense from the footballing side of things.

Im happy to see Porro have those 89th minute appearances over Moura TBH, him coming on at the weekend signifies nowt

And its not purely about wages its about integrating and playing players that actually have a future past this season, Moura is way down in that respect.

I’d rather flog all three of them…, but not until the end of season as there is little to be gained in losing players from the 25 man squad at this stage with 3 competitions still to be played for.

I still think Gil has a big future under a passing manager. We've seen with Sarr and Royal that Paratici definitely has an eye for players, even if it maybe takes a bit of adjustment period.

Back