• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Let's accept it and move on

Saudi Sportswashing Machine got relegated, came back, bought Ba, Cisse, Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Santon, Tiote.....

They were the lucky ones. If we finish mid-table this season I'm just going to pray for a Middle-Eastern oil tycoon to buy our club.

They were the lucky ones. If we finish mid-table this season I'm just going to pray for a Middle-Eastern oil tycoon to buy our club.

Oh get over it. If you want a middle-eastern oil tycoon there are other clubs you can support.

Re: been UP in both home games

What feels better?

Being 1 down and showing grit and determination and coming back

Or being 1 up and defending like a bunch of school children and throwing away 2 points

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

The style of football is tinkle poor. As is switching to 4-5-1 when we go to 1-0 to defend the lead and see the game out for a 1-0 win.

AVB prefers 451 - or 4231 or 433 or whatever you want to call it - the key point being one striker.

When we needed to change things he went far more open and played with 2 strikers, gambling on a goal but leaving the team more open with less cover in midfield.

When we scored, he felt it was better to be more solid and go back to having just 1 striker with more in midfield.

This makes perfect sense to me.

You can say we should keep pressing forward and go for the jugular at home, but as soon as the opposition is losing they will naturally commit more men forward and cause us problems, so it makes sense to me to go with just 1 striker and try to hit them on the break (particularly if we have Bale and Lennon on, as they are very fast and not very defensively minded).

I can see why he does it, and I don't think it is is a mistake or a fault.

People can have differing views on this.

What feels better?

Being 1 down and showing grit and determination and coming back

Or being 1 up and defending like a bunch of school children and throwing away 2 points

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

of course the end feeling of coming back "feels" better but the post isnt about feeling its about the fact that we are playing brick but still going 1 up....what comes after is bad but if we gpo 1 up and avvb thinks about hat is required and the team learns from mistakes its more positive than leaving a mountain to climb each game by ging1 down

AVB prefers 451 - or 4231 or 433 or whatever you want to call it - the key point being one striker.

When we needed to change things he went far more open and played with 2 strikers, gambling on a goal but leaving the team more open with less cover in midfield.

When we scored, he felt it was better to be more solid and go back to having just 1 striker with more in midfield.

You can say we should keep pressing forward and go for the jugular at home, but as soon as the opposition is losing they will naturally commit more men forward and cause us problems, so it makes sense to me to go with just 1 striker and try to hit them on the break (particularly if we have Bale and Lennon on, as they are very fast and not very defensively minded).

i see this..and AVB cant legislate for livermore rugby tackling yesterday...tere are lots of factors ...wit a bit of cnfidence in te side and some ins we will close tese games out.

i see this..and AVB cant legislate for livermore rugby tackling yesterday...tere are lots of factors ...wit a bit of cnfidence in te side and some ins we will close tese games out.

Are you using a phone to type these?

Its fine if you have your defense organised but our defense is not. Its actually a bunch of drunks who dont have a clue what theyre doing, who to pick up or how to clear it. That 18 yard box of ours is a pinball machine - it happened at WBA and happened yesterday.

If your defense is brick, which it is at the moment, then the best form of defense is attack. Push the opposition back. What we did was invite them and we crumble like a game of fudgein Jenga when that has happened TWICE.

I dont mind mistakes or errors but when you dont learn from them its unjustifiable and a damn crime.

Its fine if you have your defense organised but our defense is not. Its actually a bunch of drunks who dont have a clue what theyre doing, who to pick up or how to clear it. That 18 yard box of ours is a pinball machine - it happened at WBA and happened yesterday.

If your defense is brick, which it is at the moment, then the best form of defense is attack. Push the opposition back. What we did was invite them and we crumble like a game of fudgein Jenga when that has happened TWICE.

I dont mind mistakes or errors but when you dont learn from them its unjustifiable and a damn crime.

The midfield issue was far worse then the defensive one. (imo)

When we went one up yesterday the bloke beside me sarcastically said "well done lads! Now sit back, completely lose your shape and defend that one goal lead"

Oh how we laughed.

Couldn't care less what order the goals come in, when you play that bad and fail to beat Norwich at home, the fact that we were winning for 20 minutes or so doesn't make it any better.

When we went one up yesterday the bloke beside me sarcastically said "well done lads! Now sit back, completely lose your shape and defend that one goal lead"

Oh how we laughed.

Couldn't care less what order the goals come in, when you play that bad and fail to beat Norwich at home, the fact that we were winning for 20 minutes or so doesn't make it any better.

Even if we won I didnt want it to mask the poor performances. I want us to win and would have taken the 1-0 yesterday but I think it may have masked a few things.

Even if we won I didnt want it to mask the poor performances. I want us to win and would have taken the 1-0 yesterday but I think it may have masked a few things.

Get back into Random

We miss you :cry:

Ignore the haters

So just so I can clarify this. With the players currently at our disposal, you think that our players aren't good enough to beat Norwich or WBA at home yet?

Also we played superbly up until Xmas last year and I said several times during the poor run that we weren't playing badly like the results suggested (Arsenal away, Norwich at home aside - both of those games were appalling) and we had a tough run of fixtures. And to drive that point home, our best performance so far this year was against Saudi Sportswashing Machine when we lost. The two matches we drew we've been terrible and easily as bad as anything we witnessed last year at our worst.

The first half against West Brom was total, and utter, dominance. In fact, had we been able to put our chances away, we'd have deservedly gone in at least 2 goal up.

You won't stop will you? If you want to analyze that passage of play, why wasn't a foul called on the dingdonghead who Livermore ended up in the tussle with, because he had his hands all over Livermore's face...then look at the resulting ball floated over and the dismal "effort" from Hudd to challenge for the ariel ball (or not, he couldn't get his arse off the ground!), who closed the shot down when it came in (soft daisy cutter like last week's)? I won't blame Brad, he cannot help the fact that age has rendered such shots virtually impossible for him to save - he cannot react and get down to those anymore, just like I cannot get down on the floor to grab the dustpan and brush with the agility I once did as a younger man)...

Mate, I get your enthusiasm and passion, I read what you said earlier about trying to 'work things out and through' but I just think there's more to it all than Livermore (though as I said earlier, if we could've signed Allen, straight in, no question!)...

You won't stop will you? If you want to analyze that passage of play, why wasn't a foul called on the dingdonghead who Livermore ended up in the tussle with, because he had his hands all over Livermore's face...then look at the resulting ball floated over and the dismal "effort" from Hudd to challenge for the ariel ball (or not, he couldn't get his arse off the ground!), who closed the shot down when it came in (soft daisy cutter like last week's)? I won't blame Brad, he cannot help the fact that age has rendered such shots virtually impossible for him to save - he cannot react and get down to those anymore, just like I cannot get down on the floor to grab the dustpan and brush with the agility I once did as a younger man)...

Mate, I get your enthusiasm and passion, I read what you said earlier about trying to 'work things out and through' but I just think there's more to it all than Livermore (though as I said earlier, if we could've signed Allen, straight in, no question!)...

the tackle was agricultural and inept and one expected on hackney marshes. . you can defend what you want. brad's time has come but the shot was bang in the corner very few would save that....it came from livermore's...he offers nothing and is not fit to wear the shirt. i dont know why you feel the need to defend this player ....as i said there are lots of factors but lets not disagree on the obvious.

the tackle was agricultural and inept and one expected on hackney marshes. . you can defend what you want. brad's time has come but the shot was bang in the corner very few would save that....it came from livermore's...he offers nothing and is not fit to wear the shirt. i dont know why you feel the need to defend this player ....as i said there are lots of factors but lets not disagree on the obvious.

Simply because you have made him such a spacegoat as well as referring to "my ignorance"...I still find it funny that you cannot accept we had two other chances to stop the ball from going into the back of the net, the chief of these being defending a dead ball! Look, I am not calling him Pele and you are not prepared to call him a footballer. Let's forget this whole thing and move on. We both want the best for the club if I'm not mistaken, so COYS and onwards we go...

;)

King retiring, Modric forcing a move, Brad being old (good for this season, IMO, but succession planning required), Adebayor, Nelsen and Saha all gone. A ton of ballast weighing down the squad that HARRY set out in the cold.

With or without a new manager (and direction) I believe, and have done consistently, this season was always going to be transitional.

Redknapp left the squad at the end of the season in such condition it was unavoidable, IMHO. This is not me picking sides, this is not me digging at Harry - this is a plain observation.

Absolutely agree with this. Transition was going to be the game this season, WHOEVER the manager is.

Back